Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Falling with Lance in hand ❯ Memories (Lances POV) ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

BKB: Wow!! I got more reviews than I thought I would, I have the same amount of reviews on my other story, except it has 2 chapters, at least on ff. net. Thanks for the reviews!! A note, this chapter is in Lance's POV, and takes place a couple months after Lyn's chapters. If you don't know who Lance is, then go back to the first chapter, and read it again, if you still don't know, then you need some help.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fire Emblem!!!!

--------------------- Lance's POV------------

I walked along the dirt road, trying to keep my mind off of thinking of the beautiful Pegasus Knight, Florina, which was proving to be a very difficult task. I had left the beautiful, lavender haired girl, at castle Caelin.

---------------------(FLASHBACK)------------------------

We finally defeated Lord Lundgreen, and Lyn went to go see her grandfather. I walked around the castle, for a bit, and returned when Lyn announced that she was going to stay here. I knew that Wil would most likely stay, seeing as he was enjoying the trip here.

I wasn't really paying attention to what the others were saying, until I heard Florina saying that she was planning on staying here. I left after I heard that, I had hoped that she would come and travel with me, but no hope of that now.

I walked around the castle for a bit more and then ran into Serra, literally. I helped her up and apologized, and was about to walk away, when she decided to attach her self to my arm.

"Oh, Lance!! Don't you think it's great that it's all over?" Serra screeched.

"Yes, its great," I mumbled, trying to get her off my arm.

"Well, I just wanted to come and say good bye to you, before Erk and I leave," she said, while cutting off the circulation in my arm.

"Well good bye then," I said, happy to see her leave.

"Oh, Lance you're so nice! Anyway, I was thinking, why don't you come with Erk and I? We're going to Ostia," Serra suggested, happily.

I inwardly groaned, at the thought of another day with, Serra. Since I felt sorry for Erk, I decided, I'd go with them, to save Erk's sanity, the only problem was, that I hoped I would keep my own sanity.

"Sure, heading to Ostia might help improve my skills," I said, regretting it instantly.

"Oh!! That's great Lance! We're leaving tomorrow first thing in the morning!" Serra squealed, letting go of my arm, and ran off, probably to torcher someone else.

I went out to the gardens and stared absently into the fountain, until I heard someone call my name. "Hm," I turned around and saw Florina.

"Oh, Florina, what do you need?" I questioned gently.

"Oh, nothing, I-I just wanted to know if it's true that you're leaving," She asked timidly.

"Yes, I do plan on going, there's not much I could do here to help out, and besides, I never really liked the royal life," I explained, as my heart twinge, as I saw her smile turn into a frown.

"Oh, I see. Where do you plan on going?" Florina asked.

"I plan to travel around Lycia for awhile, after that, I don't know," I said, and then there was an awkward silence, until.

"Thank you," Florina whispered softly.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"I said thank you," she said a bit louder.

"For what?" I asked looking straight into her eyes, and smirked a bit when I saw her blush.

"For-for helping me become stronger," she whispered, still looking into my eyes.

"I think we're equal on that, you helped me with my tacticianing skills, and I helped you become stronger, so we're equal," I stated.

"But you're a great tactician already, you didn't need my help at all!" Florina said loudly, surprising me.

"Calm down, Florina," I said gently.

"But its true," she whispered.

"If we continue like this, we'll be arguing all day," I laughed.

"I-I guess you're right," she laughed with me, making me feel good that, I was the one who made her laugh.

"How about we just call it a tie," I suggested.

"Sure," Florina answered me, as I pulled out my amethyst snowflake pendent and gave it to her.

"Here take it," I said, as she gazed at it.

"Oh, no, I couldn't take that from you, it must be worth a lot of gold," she said.

"I have no use for it now, so go ahead and take it, hopefully it'll bring you good luck," I said calmly putting the pendant in her hand, and started to walk away.

"Hopefully I'll see you again someday Florina," I said as I walked away from her, sad that she chose to stay here, but didn't show it.

"Yes, hopefully," I heard her whisper so softly, that I almost didn't hear it.

I left with Serra and Erk early the next morning, so I wasn't able to talk to her.

------------(END FLASHBACK)-----------

I continued to walk along the road that went away from Ostia. Wishing that I stayed in castle Caelin, with Florina, but what's done is done.

BKB: Well that's Lance's chapter, sorry if you're a Serra lover, but I thought it would be interesting to make Serra like the tactician too, only it's a one sided love. Well the next chapter will kinda be a summary of the chapters in Eliwood's story, in the tacticians POV, and will be flashbacks up till the part where he meets his beloved Florina again, then its just going on from there. I'd like to know if there are any other pairings I should do in this story, it's still based around Florina and Lance, but one of the reviewers wanted another pairing. Well please review!!