Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Searching For You ❯ The Search Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tomas walked into the bar unnoticed. He walked to the bar counter, slapped down some coins, and said simply, “The usual.” The bartender took the coins, tucked them safely in his apron pocket, and left to get Tomas his drink.
 
“Tomas! Long time, no see, eh?”
 
Tomas turned swiveled around on his stool angrily. “What do you want, Rocky? I'm on my mission now. Go away.”
 
Rocky frowned. “Aw, that's no way to greet an old friend. C'mon, Tomas.”
 
“Fine. Hello, Rocky. It's good to see you again. Oh, look, it seems our time is up. Goodbye.” Tomas swiveled back around.
 
“Tomas, come on! You know I could help you. I have a piece of information you could find useful.”
 
Without turning around, Tomas replied, “The last time you said that, it was just junk. As usual. Don't bother me again.”
 
“Tomas...”
 
“I said goodbye. Now leave.”
 
“Fine. But Nino will be sad.”
 
Tomas froze. “Nino...?”
 
“That's right,” Rocky said, a grin slowly forming on his face, “Nino. Your sister, right?”
 
“How...how did you find that name...?”
 
“I told you, I found a lead. I can help you, if you let me.”
 
Tomas leapt up from his stool. “I said, where did you find that name!?”
 
“Er...a midwife in a town you may recognize. I asked her about it, and she told me about a girl named Nino and her brother Tomas.”
 
“Nino...” Tomas trailed off. He had been searching for his sister for many years, but with no luck. Although he was only nine, he had learned to take advantage of his height, acting mature, not letting his voice squeak, and most people believed that he was nineteen.
 
“So whaddaya say, Tomas? Ready to start the search for your sister?”
 
“Of course. Let's go.”
 
Tomas left the bar with Rocky, leaving behind a paid drink sitting before his stool.