Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Searching For You ❯ Nightmares and Noises ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nino opened the door a crack. There was a woman in the room, sitting on a bed, brushing her hair, which was green and short. She was singing a song to herself that seemed familiar. Nino opened the door a little wider.
 
The woman stopped singing. She looked at the door. Smiling, she said, “Come on in, Nino. There's no need to be so shy. It's not like I'm going to hurt you...”
 
Nino entered the room. She sat on the bed next to the woman, who started singing again. Nino listened happily. It was such a nice song, so strangely familiar...
 
The woman looked at Nino suddenly. Her face looked hateful, the pleasant smile gone. Her hair slowly turned from short and green to long and ebony black. Her eyes changed to a malicious gold. They stared at Nino, unblinking, making her feel very uncomfortable.
 
“What do you want, wretch?” the woman sneered.
 
“You said I could come in,” Nino responded.
 
“Oh, really? Well, go away, you stupid loser!” The woman hit Nino hard, knocking off the bed to the floor. She began to cry and the woman took out a simple Fire book...
 
“Noooooooo!” Nino cried. She woke up with a start and looked around fearfully. Everything looked normal.
 
“Just...another nightmare,” Nino told herself softly in the darkness. “Everything's fine...It was just a nightmare...”
 
“Nino!” Sonia's voice shouted. “Go to bed! Now! I don't care how hungry you are! Go to bed! Now!”
 
“Yes, Mother,” Nino replied. she looked at her small bedside clock. If she was right, it was 5:38 a.m. But Nino couldn't tell time very well yet, so she wasn't sure. Sighing, she closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep. But she couldn't get her dream out of head. She didn't know what it meant, but she did know that she didn't like it. Nino wanted her dreams to go away so she could sleep peacefully.
 
“Why can't we just get rid of her? She's of no use to us, I mean it, Lord Nergal.”
 
Nino jolted upright. “Nergal...?” she whispered. “But...he never comes here...”
 
“Fine. But we can't get rid of her. Not yet, at least.”
 
“Can't we just have...him...get rid of her? Now? It'd be good practice, I think.”
 
That was Mother's voice again, Nino realized.
 
“I said no, Sonia. Keep raising her as your daughter. In a few years, I will have a new job for you...Nino will be needed then, I'm sure of it.”
 
“As you wish, Lord Nergal.”
 
Nino heard a swooshing noise, the telltale sign that someone had teleported. Nino slammed her head on her pillow, closed her eyes, and quickly fell asleep. She had no dreams this time, good or bad. At least, none that she could remember...