Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Emblem: Enemy Reborn ❯ Chapter 2: Black Fang Reunited ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Black Fang Reunited
Walking down a country path Jaffar and his young bride Nino were heading to their destination. While on the path Nino couldn't help but stop and pick flowers every chance she got, Jaffar smiled as she stopped and kept watch. Gathering the flowers in a bundle Nino got back to Jaffar's side and they continued to go one.
A couple miles later Nino looked up at Jaffar, “Umm…Jaffar?”
“Yes?”
“I know that you're not nearly the same age as me and this may sound stupid but…could we, um, hold hands?”
Sighing Jaffar took her hand, “I understand, even I was young once, I had some feelings too.”
Smiling, Nino gripped his hand as they walked down the path. “Isn't it strange that they let us go alone, I think were the only ones who didn't leave with a group of at least three.”
“They know my skills and how I fight, I can handle most enemies. And you've grown pretty strong yourself in these past few years.”
“I'm just trying to live up to being the `Angel of Death's' wife.” She said with a grin.
Letting go of her hand Jaffar pulled out his knives, “Someone's here. Who ever you are show yourself!”
Coming out of the trees Swordsman and zombie archers were holding weapons in hand, the Humans had golden eyes which Jaffar remembered as a sign of morph's. All together there were more than two dozen enemies.
“Jaffar, maybe we should run. There's too many.”
“They're already behind us,” Facing the other direction they stood back to back, “I'll protect you to they last breath.”
Just as they were about to attack they heard a voice come out of the trees, “Looks like you could use some help.” Two figures wearing hooded cloaks appeared at their side. One was wearing a Claymore style sword on has back while one had a smaller sword at his side, “Shall we?”
Within Second the Two swordsmen and Jaffar took off in opposite direction's while Nino Began casting spells. An Archer Shot towards Jaffar only to have the arrow deflected as Jaffar reached him and impaled his dagger into the Zombies chest and ripped upward. Taking the Sword off of his back the Cloaked man swung it horizontally, ripping many into pieces.
Nino trying her best to shoot a fireball at an enemy only to graze it's shoulder, charging at Nino the swordsman raised his weapon. Jumping between Nino and the man, the second hooded man took his sword and instantly decapitated him. Focused on the men in front the cloaked stranger didn't see a man at his side charging, focusing her attention Nino launched a blast of flames, charring the man to dust.
After a manner of minutes the battle was over as Jaffar rushed back to Nino's Side. “So what's the names of the men we should be thanking?”
“What? After all the years of working together you can't remember us?”
“Lloyd?” Jaffar looks at the other man, “Linus?”
Removing the cloaks Lloyd and Linus flashed a grin, “Long time huh?”
Jumping over and hugging Lloyd, Nino crying, “Big brother, your alive!”
Pulling Nino off of him Jaffar raised his dagger, “we saw you dead.”
“Perhaps we should set up camp and explain.”
Reaching a cave pointed out by the map Linus built a campfire as Nino lit it with her magic. “Well aren't you a little whiz-ard.” Nino Laughed at Linus's joke glad to hear him tell the horrible jokes she loved.
“Perhaps you could fill us in on how you are alive now.” Asked Jaffar impatiently.
“We're alive because Nergal revived us. But not as morph's him and some Bishop tried a new way and revived us completely but then he discovered that our minds came back with us. He locked us up but I managed to break out and free Linus before anything happened.” Sitting by the fire Lloyd brought out a scroll, “This is the first part of the spell, there's ten scrolls in all but I was only able to get this one.”
Taking the scroll from Lloyd, Nino opened it and nearly dropped it in surprise, “It does have part of a larger spell but there's another spell in here that is a very powerful binding spell. Normally it would bind the body to prevent it from moving, like a magic chain of sorts, but used with the other spell it prevents a person that's revived from using free will.”
“Could Nergal use that on us?” Asked Lloyd.
“Only on the first two days, after that it will only have the normal effect.”
“You've become quiet the bookworm haven't you Nino?” Linus says jokingly
Elbowing his side Nino glared at him, “Jerk.”
“Okay I'm sorry, so, what's happened since we left?”
“Well for one, Jaffar and I are married.” The cave was silent, “what?”
Nudging Jaffar Lloyd grinned, “Robbing the cradle are we?”
“Don't push your luck.”
“Although he's still crabby.”
They spent the rest of the night discussing the past and learning what happened until they decided to get some sleep. The next morning they decided it was best to travel slightly off the road for awhile so as to not attract attention. “So what do we do if we get separated?” asked Nino.
“We meet at the rendezvous point.” Says Lloyd.
“How do you know?”
“Jaffar told me last night.”
“Well, You know what I thin-” Before Nino could finish what she was saying an assassin looking man grabbed her and knocked her unconscious.
“Nino!” screamed Jaffar as he started to run only to be blocked by Linus, “What are you doing Linus?”
“I'm sorry but Lord Nergal wants her and the scroll.”
Lloyd jumped over Jaffar and clashed swords with Linus, “Jaffar! Go after Nino!” Nodding Jaffar took off leaving Lloyd alone with Linus.
“Why are you doing this Linus?”
“Because Nergal wishes it.”
“You were affected by the Binding spell weren't you?”
“Think what you will, But be prepared to fight to the death.” Pushing Lloyd away Linus grabbed his sword with both hands, “Go.” Running at Lloyd Swung a vertical slash cutting through the forest overgrowth.
Jumping out of the way Lloyd fell from the shockwave created by the sword. “How is this possible?”
“That's the plus to working for Nergal, Enchanted weapons.” Swinging directly from the ground Linus swung dirt into Lloyd's eyes.
Clearing the dirt from his eyes Lloyd got out of the way of Linus's sword only to get the tip of it in is left arm. Pulling out his own sword Linus begins to fight as his left hand slowly goes numb. Swinging over and over Linus easily blocks all the attacks and kicks Lloyd, sending him flying.
Standing over Lloyd, Linus points his sword at his heart, “I win.” Before he was able to strike Purple coils of energy wrapped around his arms and threw him into a tree. Before he could open his eyes Jaffar Impaled him with both of his daggers, cutting him in half.
Rushing over to Lloyd Nino kneeled at his side, “Are you okay?”
“What happened?” asked Lloyd.
“Nino had perfected the binding spell last night as we all slept, she didn't even need my help to escape.”
“Linus was under its control.” Said Lloyd with a solemn look.
“But,”
“No! He was, There's no other explanation.”
Holding out his had Jaffar helped Lloyd up, “It was obvious he was.”
Together the three of them built a grave for Linus and then set out once again for their destination.