Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Emblem: Enemy Reborn ❯ Chapter 3: The Dragon Awakens ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: The Dragon Awakens
Hitching a ride on a traveling caravan, Nils, Ninian, Myrrh and Tethys sit in the back resting their feet after traveling for days. Sitting Together Nils and Ninian sat quietly as Myrrh did the same. The only one who seemed to make any noise was Tethys as she tried her best to negotiate a farther journey out of the caravan. Crawling into the back of the wagon Tethys gathered the others into a small circle.
“I managed to get a longer ride out of them but as a result I'll be `busy' tonight. So you'll be on your own.”
“Are you sure you'll be alright?” Asked Myrrh.
“I'll be fine, It's not like I haven't done this before. But while we still have time there is something I want to ask you three.”
“What is it?”
“Why is it you can use your dragon powers but these two can't?”
“That's because our dragon stones broke long ago and we can't become dragons unless we return to our home.”
“Why can't you just get another?”
“Because,” Ninian started to explain, “To get a dragon stone a dragon must be sacrificed.”
“Oh, then how is it that you have another Myrrh?”
“I have two because one is mine and the other used to belong to my father.”
“Then couldn't you lend one to one of them?”
“Impossible,” Said Nils, “If we were fire dragons she could but were Ice dragons and our dragon stones are different. If we were to use hers the opposing powers would destroy our body.”
With that the group fell silent again and was soon at a stop where they set up camp. Coming over to the three dragons Tethys bent over, “There are many men in this caravan, I'm afraid I won't see you till morning.”
Leaving the three Tethys walked into a community tent as men followed her in. Sitting in silence they all covered their eyes at the noises coming from the tent until they were forced to move farther away.
Moving over to a farther clearing the three were getting a small fire going to prepare their meal. Moving over to Myrrh, Nils tapped her shoulder, “Do you think we could talk?” He asked her.
“S-Sure, what did you want to talk about?”
“I was just wondering how you can keep your wings out even in human form.”
“I think it has to do with the power of a dragon, I'm not so powerful so I can't complete my transformation, the only ones of my tribe that can are the elders. So that makes me think you two must be very powerful.”
“I don't know about that, maybe it differs between dragon tribes, I've often wondered about the differences of the dragons.”
“You sister is beautiful, your tribe must have many beautiful women, and I'm sure you aren't the worst looking of your men either.”
“I suppose, but I like my women with a little more fire.” Nils said with a smile that caused Myrrh to blush. “I kind of like-”
Before He could finish his sentence Ninian got between the two, “Okay you love birds, Dinners ready.” After her saying that the two couldn't help blush every time they looked at each other for the rest of the night.
By the time morning rolled around the caravan was on the move, in the back of the wagon Tethys slept from exhaustion. This time Ninian was sitting alone as Nils and Myrrh got more and more familiar.
An hour after leaving the campsite there was a commotion outside. An enemy brigade was charging the caravan. Waking Tethys they started to run for the cover of the trees. Watching the battle in hiding they saw caravans warriors failing.
Running out to the field Tethys turned around, “Run, and hurry!” Getting on top of one of the wagons Tethys started to dance, the power of her dance started to enchant the men increasing their battle power.
Trusting Tethys the three dragons ran toward the forest traveling in hiding. Unknown to them Tethys had been struck by a stray arrow and had died soon after they lost sight.
Keeping a steady pace the three came to a scorched area. A castle's length around in the center lied a dragon zombie atop a bed of bones. Rising, the zombie approached them and took to the sky.
“Keep in hiding.” Myrrh said moments before becoming a dragon and taking to the skies herself.
Meeting the other dragon in a sky collision the two dragons fell from the sky and landed with a wave of cinders going everywhere. Biting and clawing, the dragons rolled and fought as the Zombie bit into the neck of Myrrh.
“We need to do something Ninian!”
“There is one thing we can do.”
Turning around Nils saw his sister radiating a blue aura, “No! You can't become a dragon stone.”
“This is the only way, use my energy and fight.” Not moving an inch the aura slowly engulfed her molding her to the shape of an orb, becoming a dragon stone and dropping to the ground.
Tears in his eyes, Nils grabbed the orb and dove at the dragon zombie turning into a dragon midway. Tearing at the zombie's neck Nils and Myrrh grabbed each side, ripping off the head. Turning to dust the dragon's ashes floated away.
Returning to human for, Nils was holding Myrrh, as they both cried as night set in.