Firefly/Serenity Fan Fiction ❯ Bounty Hunter to Petty Theif ❯ If You Can Out Shoot Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own this series or the movie that came from it.

This story is written for my younger sister who is madly in lust with Jayne Cobb.

Chapter 2. If You Can Out Shoot Me.
After Kaylee showed her around, Ana decided to get a feel for the ship. Kaylee had to get back to the engine room anyway. Ana wanted to know Serenity inside and out. She stumbled into the hanger where Book and Jayne were talking. She decided to listen. Book was on the bench and Jayne was spotting him.
“I mean ta say, she’s pretty,” Jayne said.
“And she’s also…the Captain’s sister,” Book grunted. Ana smiled. They were talking about her.
“Yeah but, she’s awful pretty. Just thinking’ about her…” he trailed off.
“I wouldn’t, if I were you.”
“Huh? Wouldn’t what, Preacher?”
“Wouldn’t think about her, look at her, do anything with her.”
“And why’s that?”
“She’s the Captain’s sister.”
“Think it makes her off-limits? Think the cap would get mad? Is that what yer sayin?”
“Yes.”
“But she’s awful pretty, Preacher.”
“I can see I’m getting nowhere with this one.”
Ana held back a giggle and moved on. She found herself in the infirmary where the Tams were.
“Hi,” she greeted. “So this is your sister, River, was it?”
“Yes. River, this is…”
“Ana. Good. Hunter. Good hunter. Wont hurt, wont hurt.”
Ana looked at Simon.
“She’s been traumatized.” Simon brought Ana out of the room.
“Can I ask, what happened? Why do you’n a girl who’s not completely with it have such a huge bounty?”
Simon looked at her and then told her what happened to River.
“I’m sorry. It must be hard for you. I don’t know if I could do somethin’ like that.”
“It’s hard. But for River, I just…I don’t know. I’d do anything.”
“You’re a good person, Doc,” she smiled and left. She headed to the cockpit where Wash was.
“Why hello, MiniMal,” Wash said.
“I hope to every gorram God that doesn’t become a nickname on this boat,” Ana laughed. She sat down.
“You really do look like the Captain,” Wash said.
“I’ve been told that,” she rolled her eyes. “When we were kids, we hated bein’ compared. We always fought and competed for everythin.’ Of course, if I ever got picked on, Malcolm was the first person to beat on the other kids. He liked fighting. He was always loud and obnoxious. I wonder if he’s changed.”
“Trust me, he hasn’t,” Wash said.
“You got a wedding ring on. Miss your wife when your up here?”
“Well. Can’t say I do cuz she is up here.”
“Oh. You and Kaylee?”
“No. Me and Zoe.”
Ana’s jaw dropped. “Wow. Didn’ see that one. You two are opposites.”
“Opposites attract.”
“I guess so.” After a few more topics of conversation, Ana left. She wanted to catch some sleep before they arrived to pick up Inara, whoever that might be. On the way to her bunk, she was stopped by Jayne.
He just stood in front of her.
“Hi,” she said.
“Hi.”
There was a pause.
“I need to get through.”
“Oh, right,” Jayne moved a little, then stopped.
“Is something wrong?”
Jayne thought a moment. “Are you off limits?”
Ana smirked. Did he really just ask that? Yes. Yes he did. “Well, that depends on who ya ask. If ya ask Malcolm, then its pro’ly a yes.”
“An’ if I ask you?”
She pondered it, “Maybe.”
“Well what’s ‘maybe’ mean?”
“It means it’s a possibility.”
“I know what it means. But whatdaya mean by it? I got no chance? I got a chance? What?”
She smirked again. “Tell ya what, if you can out shoot me, I’ll….”
“Sex?” Jayne asked happily.
Ana laughed, “No. I’ll give you a kiss.”
Jayne smiled, “A full blown make out with lots a’ gropin.”
“No,” She shook her head. “A peck. On the cheek.”
“How ‘bout no gropin’ but lots a tongue?”
“A peck on the lips.”
“Awe c’mon!”
“Okay, okay, more than a peck, but no tongue.”
He stared at her.
“Take it or leave it. It’s my final offer.”
“Alright ya win. When we stop ta get Inara, we go out and shoot.”
“Deal,” she reached out to shake his hand. He took it.
“I hope yer not a sore loser, girlie.”
“I hope you are,” she smiled and walked past him to her bunk. She fell asleep for the few hours it took to reach whatever gorram planet or moon they were going to.
“Hey, Ana!” Kaylee called down into her bunk. “We landed and Jayne’s waitin’ on you for the bet!”
Ana got up and fixed her unruly hair. She climbed up the ladder and saw Kaylee smiling like always. “Ya heard about the bet?”
“Jayne told everyone. ‘Cept the captain o’course. Ya really gonna kiss him?”
“Trust me. He wont win.” She followed Kaylee outside. Everyone stood out in the sun waiting for this little bet.
Mal wasn’t though.
“Where’s my brother?”
“He went to get Inara. Wanted ta make sure she got back okay,” Kaylee told her.
Jayne hitched his pants at the sight of Ana coming off the ship while chewing on a cigar.
Ana walked up to him, “Ready ta lose?”
“Are you?” he looked out. “Preacher, that’s good!” Book was setting up a target in the distance. “What type of gun?”
“We can each use one of our own choice. Anythin’ you want. I got mine here,” she tapped the gun in its holster.
“Darlin, you’ll regret this,” Jayne chose Vera. She was good for long distance shooting. “Ladies first,” he gestured.
“Then I guess you’d better shoot first.” She smirked while the others laughed.
“Alright, I will.” Jayne took his shot. “How’s it look Preacher?!” He yelled to Book.
Book yelled back, “Not a bulls’ eye, but very close!”
“Ha! Let’s see ya out shoot that!”
Ana drew her gun and said, “I will.” She pointed the gun in the direction of the target while still looking at Jayne and pulled the trigger.
“Well now, I think ya blew this one on purpose.”
The smirk never left her face, “Check it.”
Jayne spit the cigar on the ground, “bring it here, Preacher!”
Book ran to them with the target in his hands.
Jayne’s shot was on the ring just outside the middle. Ana’s shot, well, it was in the middle.
“It’s Ana’s win,” Book said.
Jayne’s mouth fell open, “How in the gorram ‘verse did ya do that?”
“I’m the best at what I do. I shoot people down,” she told him.”
The group laughed and headed back into the ship. Jayne sat there gaping at the target.
“You are a sore loser,” Ana teased.
“I am not,” Jayne defended. “We should go another round. Wind musta picked up yer bullet or sumthin.”
“There was no wind. You’re just mad cuz you ain’t gettin your kiss.”
“I’m telling ya this ain’t right.”
“Maybe I’ll let ya challenge me on the next planet.”
“Uh-huh.”
Ana smiled. She could very well leave him here to fume, but she’s not that cruel. Plus, Jayne was gorram hot. She walked right up next to him. Even with her two inch heels on, he was still taller, so she grabbed his shoulder and pulled his body down a bit. She gave him a slow, seductive peck on the cheek.
“Don’t be a sore loser next time. You make me feel bad about being a good shot.” She walked away toward Serenity and felt his gaze on her.
“What in the Gorram hell was that?” an oh-so-familiar voice said. Mal had come up with a very pretty woman.
“Hey, Brother,” Ana said cheerfully.
“Don’t you ‘hey, brother’ me. What was that?”
“What?” She played dumb.
“You know what!”
She shook her head and looked confused, “No. I don’t.” Then she finished going on Serenity.
“Jayne? Jayne!” Mal yelled.
Jayne snapped out of it and turned to Mal. “What?”
“What just happened there?”
“We was shootin.’”
“Shootin what?”
“The target. She beat me.” Then Jayne went onto the ship.
Mal stood there a minute, “Is nobody gonna tell me what just happened?”
“It looked like that girl, your sister I take it, kissed Jayne on the cheek,” Inara said.
Mal looked at her and said with sarcasm, “Thanks.”
Chapter 2 End.
Thanks all! Review please!