Firefly/Serenity Fan Fiction ❯ Bounty Hunter to Petty Theif ❯ Challenge on Every Gorram Rock ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own this series or the movie that came from it.

This story is written for my younger sister who is madly in lust with Jayne Cobb.

Chapter 4. Challenge on Every Gorram Rock
Ana cooked dinner as a thanks to the crew and her brother for helping her. She sat down across from Jayne, who was staring as usual. Kaylee sat next to her.
“When’re we gonna shoot a round two?” Jayne asked.
Ana looked at him and smiled. “You’ll lose that one too, honey.”
“Don’t matter. I’m a keep shootin till I win.”
“Okay. Next we land. We’ll shoot,” Ana said.
“Oh no,” Mal said. “I aint gonna have this on my boat.”
“Malcolm…” Ana started.
“Don’t you ‘Malcolm’ me, Adriana,” he said sternly. “This ain’t gonna happen.”
Ana stood up. “Can I talk to you in private, Mal?” She glared at him.
“Sit n eat. We’ll talk after,” he said.
Ana glared more, then finally gave in and sat down. She finished her meal without talking to Mal. When she was done, she cleared her place and walked out. Mal followed soon after.
“What is your problem?” She asked him.
“Jayne likes you. And my baby sister ain’t gonna be with him.”
“I’m old enough to choose who I want to be with or don’t want to be with.”
“I ain’t gonna have no lovey drama on my gorram ship!”
“Oh so you mean you tried to stop Zoe and Wash too. That didn’t work.”
“That’s different.”
“No it’s not. It’s not like I plan to marry him, Mal. Why are you havin such a fit over this?”
“Cuz you’re my sister!”
“Why does that matter? We’re just having fun! We are just shootin guns. You gorram well know that he can never out shoot me!”
“I don’t care. It ain’t happenin.”
“Fine. Maybe I should go and talk to Inara.”
“And why would you do that?”
“She’s the one you’re really talkin about. You n her. This has nothing ta do with me n Jayne. You’re mad cuz ya want her. N ya can’t have her.”
“That is…” he searched for words, “…not true. Gorramit, Ana!” He calmed himself down. “Fine. Do it.” He walked off to his bunk.
Ana skipped down the hall and found Jayne in the lounge area.
“Hey you!”
Jayne looked her up and down, “Hey.”
“Looks like ya got your second challenge.”
He took a few steps closer, “Did I now?”
“Yeah. Prepared ta lose again?”
“Maybe. Or we could just stop playin this game and play another.” He was very close now.
Ana smirked. “We could,” she said sexily as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled him to her just a little, and right before they kissed she spun around and walked off. “Or not,” she said before disappearing.
Jayne shook his head and smirked. ‘Gorram girl’s playin hard ta get,’ he thought.
When they landed to drop off the cargo, Mal, Zoe, and Jayne were getting ready to leave.
Ana came down where they were.
“So, I can come, right?” She asked.
“No,” Mal answered coldly.
“N why not?”
“Cuz it ain’t your place. This is my work, Ana, and I ain’t draggin you into it.”
“Well that’s a stupid reason. If I’m gonna be here, ya might as well use my talents ta your advantage.”
“No means no.” It was final. Ana gave in. She’d follow anyway. She waited several minutes before she did. The man they were delivering to was ugly. Ana looked around, he had a sniper hidden in the trees. Not hidden enough, though. She quietly snuck up to him while Mal and the others talked with the man. The sniper didn’t notice her. She took out a gun and knock him in the head. He passed out. She positioned herself on the gun he had, and watched.
“It’s all here,” Mal was saying.
“Good,” the guy said.
“You got the money?”
“Yeah, but I ain’t about ta give it ta ya. Now, boy!”
Mal, Zoey, and Jayne drew their guns, but nothing happened.
“Gorram, idiot. Shoot! I said shoot!” He was yelling in Ana’s direction. So, she shot. The bullet hit him in the foot. He went down yelling.
Ana stood up and waved.
“Adriana…” Mal growled.
Zoe and Jayne smirked. Mal went to the guy and grabbed his whole pouch. “Guess we’ll be takin this.”
“But!” The man was saying. “There’s more than the agreement in there!”
“So, the extra will be your apology for tryin ta kill us,” Mal walked off. “Let’s go.” Jayne and Zoe followed. Jayne signaled for Ana to come with.
She caught up to them. Mal scolded her immediately.
“I told you to stay on Serenity!” He said.
“Actually, ya told me not ta come. So I didn’t. I just took a walk, right by a sniper. He was gonna kill ya, so I took him out first.”
“Ana…”
“Sorry, okay?”
“Thanks.”
“Listen, ya don’t hafta get all mad n….wait…thanks?”
“If ya weren’t there, the guy would’ve shot us. So thanks. But don’t ignore my orders again. Got it?”
“Yeah, okay, Brother,” she smiled.
“So, we gonna shoot now?” Jayne asked when they were back at Serenity.
Ana looked at Mal.
“Don’t look at me. Shoot if ya wanna.” he went back on the ship.
Shepherd Book came out holding a fresh target. Jayne told him where to put it. Book ran quite a distance away.
“Rules?” Jayne asked Ana.
“Same as before,” she said looking at her pistol. “You first,” she encouraged.
“Fine,” Jayne aimed Vera, and took his shot.
Ana whistled, “Looks like it’s close.”
“Your turn,” Jayne moved away. This time, Ana actually looked at the target before she shot it.
Book brought it in. He pointed to the one sitting on the ring just outside the center, “Jayne’s.” Then he pointed to the hole right in the center, “Ana’s.”
“Gorramit!” Jayne yelled.
“Alright, Captain’s getting’ impatient. Get on the ship you two,” Zoe said before she returned to Serenity. Book followed her.
“Too bad. You were real close this time,” Ana kissed him on the cheek and walked away.
Jayne stared at her for a minute before following her in. ‘I’ll win next time. Gorram girl’s too good a shooter. Never thought I’d say that.”
Being near Jayne played with her nerves. He was an attractive man, Ana had to admit. At dinner she found herself staring at him. At his arm muscles every time he lifted one or moved. Her fingers twitched with the need to run them along those muscles. She wanted to feel him hold her. ‘Stop, stop, stop!’ she mentally yelled at herself. ‘Mal’s gonna notice if I don’t stop!’ She forced herself to focus on something else, anything else.
“Ana,” Mal said. Oh no. He noticed.
“Y-yeah?”
“Now that you’re a part of this crew, I expect you ta follow my orders. Got it?” he smiled at her.
“Wait. I’m a part of this crew now?” She couldn’t wipe the grin off if she wanted to.
“You can thank Zoe. I kept saying it wasn’t right for you. She told me you were just too good ta pass up.”
“Captain can be a bit hard-headed sometimes,” Zoe said to Ana.
“Thank you.”
***
On the next planet they landed, Jayne wasted no time in challenging Ana again. She sighed but agreed to it anyway. He was persistent. She liked that. Pretty much everyone left to go into town. Simon and River were still on Serenity in the infirmary. Ana followed Jayne outside. Jayne ran out to the target while Ana shot. Dead center again. They switched places so Jayne could shoot.
“Looks like another win for me,” Ana smirked. How long would this go on before Jayne finally gave up? She wondered. Did she even want him to give up? Or did she want him to just grab her and kiss her already? The latter sounded appealing.
“I s’pose that makes three ta none,” Jayne said in a bored tone.
Ana walked up to him to kiss him on the cheek as usual. Right before she could, Jayne turned his head and wrapped his arms around her waist. Their lips met. Ana was shocked at first, but didn’t pull back. She snaked her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. Their tongues danced around each other playfully. Ana ran one hand through Jayne’s hair as his rested on her hips, pulling her to him more. She thought she would melt in his arms.
When they finally pulled apart, they were both smiling.
“Didn’t think you’d do that,” Ana said blushing.
“Well if ya don’t want me ta do it again, I wont,” Jayne teased her.
“Now I didn’t say that,” she grabbed his shirt and pulled him back to her. They kissed again. It was better than the first one.
Chapter 4 End.

Thanks all! Review please!