Firefly/Serenity Fan Fiction ❯ Bounty Hunter to Petty Theif ❯ Part of the Plan ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own this series or the movie that came from it.

This story is written for my younger sister who is madly in lust with Jayne Cobb.

24 Hours Before the Prologue
Chapter 5. Part of the Plan
Ana loved being on the crew. She got along with everybody. Jayne and her kept up the challenges so nobody would get suspicious. She’d steal away at night to his bunk where they mostly just talked. Oh, a lot of other things happened, but neither of them were in it for the sex. Ana was so head over heals for Jayne, it was close to love. She never said it, though. She didn’t want to get hurt.
***
“Jayne, you know your part in this?” Mal asked. He was speaking to Jayne and Zoe. No one else was around.
Jayne looked at him for a moment, “No way. I ain’t doin that!”
“You’re doin it. This is an order. No one else is ta know. Got it?”
Jayne shook his head. “Ya want me ta….an I can’t tell….not even her?”
“Specially not Ana. She’d go gorram ballistic.”
“I ain’t doin it,” Jayne said again.
“Ya gotta. If this job goes the way I think it is, then ya gotta. Otherwise, we all die.”
“Cap, I can’t just….you…”
“Ya always wanted ta. What’s holdin ya back, Jayne?”
Jayne said nothing.
“Think I don’t know about you an Ana? Oh I know.”
Jayne stared. “You’re makin me do this so she’ll hate me.”
“Not true. I’m makin you do this cuz you’re the only one they’d believe. Zoe would never turn on us. And I gorram well aint puttin my little sister in that situation.”
“Then why can’t she know? Why can’t we tell her?”
“Cuz the gorram girl’s in love with you!” Mal yelled. Jayne looked at him in disbelief. No way would a girl like Ana be in love with a guy like him. It wasn’t natural. What if she really did, though?
“Then there aint no way I’m gonna do this. If that’s the case, she’ll hate me.”
Mal grabbed Jayne by the collar, finally fed up with him. “You’ll do it. Ya hear me? Or she’ll go down with the rest of us.”
Finally, Jayne had to give in. He wouldn’t allow Ana to get hurt. Truth was, he thought he might love her too. After they went over the plan again, Jayne left. He went straight to his bunk. Sitting on his bed was Ana. She was sitting cross legged. She had this short, short skirt on, high boots, and nothing but a lacey bra.
Jayne smirked. Even if she had been fully dressed, he’d have been just as much aroused as he was now. Ana’s smile disappeared.
“What’s wrong?” She asked.
“Ain’t nothin wrong. Gorrammit, girlie,” he ran a hand through his hair. “Either you gotta put clothes on, or take the rest of em off.”
She smiled. “That’s not a hard decision.” She stood from the bed and walked over to Jayne. Then, she grabbed her shirt from behind him. “I’ll get dressed.”
Jayne smirked and pulled the shirt out of her hand, throwing it on the floor. He grabbed her and pulled her to him. He kissed her. This may be the last night she’ll ever want to be with him. He’d make it last. He took his time undressing her the rest of the way, and she did with him. Jayne took the time to caress, kiss, nip, and everything else. He didn’t leave one square inch of her body untouched. He wanted to remember that body. Every curve of it. He would never be able to tell her how he felt about her. She would never want to speak to him again after this job.
*** Right before Prologue
“His name’s Niska?” Ana asked. “That guy’s trouble. I reckon he’s got a few traps waitin.”
“We know. We’ve dealt with him a couple times,” Mal told her.
“So…why’re ya acceptin a job from him?”
“We need the money.”
“Uh-huh.”
“Here’s how this’ll work,” Mal was saying. “Me, Zoe, Ana, n Jayne’ll bring ‘im the cargo and hope it all goes well.”
“That’s it?” Jayne asked. “That’s the plan?”
“Yeah,” Mal said. “We leave in a couple hours. Make sure yer all ready.” He left. Jayne went to his bunk without Ana. She needed to go to hers anyway.
Just like Mal had thought, Niska contacted Jayne. At first, Jayne wanted to refuse him, fight his offer as hard as he could. Then he remembered…Ana would be in danger. He had no choice. He excepted. Niska had one condition. Mal had already known that. Jayne would have to shoot Mal in front of Niska. Jayne hesitated, but eventually excepted. That’s all Niska wanted. A chance to kill Malcolm Reynolds. His gorram reputation depended on it. Mal’s plan only depended on Jayne excepting the offer. Easy, right? Wrong. Jayne hated himself when the call ended.
“Jayne? Can I come down?” Ana called from outside his bunk.
“I’m comin’ up,” Jayne said and walked out. Ana smiled at him.
She ran a slender hand up his arm seductively, “Think we can squeeze in some you n me time ‘fore the job?”
Jayne smirked. He took her hand in his and brought it to his mouth. He lightly kissed her palm then set her hand back down at her side. “Not today, darlin.” He led them to the others, who were ready and waiting.
“Well, lets get goin,” Mal said as the doors opened.
“Ah, cap?” Wash said.
“Yeah, Wash?”
“We got company,” he pointed.
Niska and a few henchmen were waiting outside of Serenity.
“I guess they came to us,” Mal said as he led Zoe, Jayne, and Ana out.
“Malcolm Reynolds,” Niska greeted in his heavy accent.
Mal nodded.
“Do you have the goods this time?” Niska asked.
“Course. Ya have the money?”
“Yes. But you’ll not be receiving it.”
Mal laughed and the four of them pulled out their guns. They were greeted with six of Niska’s henchman pulling guns as well.
“I thought it might happen like this,” Mal said. “Jayne, why don’t ya shoot Niska?”
Jayne did and said nothing.
“Jayne?”
“Sorry, Mal,” Jayne walked over to Niska and turned his gun on them.
“What the hell are you doin?” Mal asked.
“Changin sides,” Jayne answered. “Drop the guns. Yer outnumbered.”
*** After Prologue
“Ana! Ana!!” Zoe yelled.
Ana snapped her head in Zoe’s direction. She was on the ground next to Mal. Her hands were covered in blood as she put pressure on the wound. Mal was coughing and grunting in pain. Ana dropped to the ground.
“Malcolm!”
“Help me get him back on the ship so the doctor can see to him!” Zoe said.
Ana nodded and helped her pick him up. Each of them slung an arm around their shoulders to help him walk.
“Simon! Simon!!!” Ana was yelling. Finally the doctor heard her and ran out with a medical bag. Simon took the arm Ana held.
“Stay out here, okay?” he told her.
“He’s my brother! I should be in there!”
“You’re too hysterical right now!” Simon was telling her. “You’ll just be in the way. Stay here!” He disappeared with Zoe and Mal as Shepherd Book held Ana’s thrashing arms back. She was yelling, but she didn’t even know what about. She wasn’t totally there. The man she loved just shot her brother! Who would be? Finally she calmed down and sunk to the floor crying. She hadn’t cried in maybe ten years. Maybe her brother had been right all those months ago. Maybe she shouldn’t have come onto this boat. If she hadn’t been a bounty hunter in the first place, this wouldn’t have happened.
***
Jayne felt sick sitting so close to Niska on the hovercraft. The gorram things were small to begin with. He shifted.
“How does it feel to be rid of the nauseating Malcolm Reynolds?” Niska asked.
“…Nauseating…” Jayne replied.
“Having second thoughts about killing your previous captain?” Niska laughed.
“Killin? Who said I shot ta kill?”
Niska looked at him. “We had a deal. You would kill…”
“Shoot. Ya said all I had ta do was shoot ‘im. Ya said nothin about killin. You, on the other hand, I have orders ta kill.”
“What…?”
Before Niska could say anymore, Jayne shot him. Then he shot his henchmen and the driver of the hovercraft he was in. That was pretty stupid. The craft rolled over and slammed Jayne around a bit. When he got out of the pile, there was blood trickling down his face and arm. He proceeded to limp back to Serenity.
***
“Who…” Book was looking out of the doors at something.
Through her tears, Ana looked too. “It can’t be…” She practically jumped to her feet and ran outside to get a better look. By now, Jayne was within speaking distance.
He looked worried, “Hi…”
“You…YOU STUPID BASTARD!” Ana drew her gun and shot. The bullet hit Jayne in the leg.
Jayne yelled as he went down, “Gorrammit, girl! Ya hit the leg I’m limpin’ on!” He deserved that, right? He did shoot her brother after all.
“Ya shot my brother! How dare you come back here! I’m gonna shoot more than yer leg for this!”
Book ran outside and grabbed Ana, “Put the gun down, Ana!” he was yelling.
Ana was yelling back. Book finally got her to drop the gun and she sunk to the ground crying.
Jayne wanted to shoot himself in the leg for making her cry.
“Jayne, ya made my baby sister cry,” Mal said behind her.
Her head snapped up and she turned it to look at him, “M-Mal?”
He put his hand on her head reassuringly. “Gorrammit, Jayne. I thought we agreed ya’d shoot me in the arm.”
Jayne shrugged, “Had ta make it look like I’d really killed ya, or Niska wouldn’t’ve believed me. Then we’d all be in trouble.”
Ana looked back and forth confused, “What the hell is going on?”
“Before ya get mad,” Mal said, then he rethought that, “more mad, we couldn’t tell anyone just in case somethin happened. The only people who knew were me, Zoe, Jayne, and the doctor.”
“Knew what?” Ana asked glaring.
“Well,” Mal rubbed his head, “Y’see…”
“Niska was the one who put the bounty on yer head,” Jayne said. “He hates you and he hates Mal. He figured the way ta get ta you would be ta take out Mal. Killin two birds with one stone. He needed someone on the inside, so I was the one ta do it.”
“So ya lied…and ya shot Mal in the side to make it look like ya killed him. Ya didn’t tell me so that my reaction would be real and not played,” Ana guessed. “Then…what happened ta Niska?”
“Killed ‘im,” Jayne said. “Think maybe, the doc can come and fix this gun shot now?”
Ana gasped. She had shot him. She ran over to him, “I’m so sorry!”
“I’d’ve shot me too. Hell, when I saw ya cryin, I wanted ta.”
“Jus’ so ya know, Ana,” Mal said, “He didn’t want ta do this. Hell, I had to threaten your life so he would.” He walked back onto Serenity, with Book’s help, to get Simon.
“I’m so sorry, Jayne. If ya had said somethin sooner…”
“Ya didn’t give me a chance ta,” Jayne said.
She looked away. He was right, she didn’t.
Jayne put a hand on her face and made her look at him, “I didn’t wanna do this, cuz I knew I’d lose ya.”
She put her hand over his, “Well, ya didn’t. You’re stuck with me.”
“Good. Cuz I love you.”
She stared at him for a minute. Then she smiled, “I love you, too” Then she kissed him.
The End.

Thanks all! Review please!