Firefly/Serenity Fan Fiction ❯ Bounty Hunter to Petty Theif ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own this series or the movie that came from it.

This story is written for my younger sister who is madly in lust with Jayne Cobb.

Epilogue. Set after the movie.

“Ana! Gorramit, Ana! Get out here now!” Mal was yelling.

Ana rolled her eyes and walked to where she heard his voice. She started laughing immediately. Mal had what looked like play-doh all over him and a four-year old replica of Jayne on his back trying to take him down.

“Derrial Malcolm Cobb,” Ana scolded, “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Uncle Mal and I are playing cops and robbers!” The boy said in a high voice.

“Oh?” Ana asked with a giggle. “Does that mean that you’re the cop?”

“No, Mommy! I’m the robber! I have to escape!” Then the small boy jumped down and ran out of the room.

Ana watched him leave, then turned her attention to Mal, “The robber?”

“I didn’t have anything to do with him wanting to be the robber,” Mal defended. He gave her a kiss on the head, “How do you feel today?”

She looked at him.

“Still not good?”

“I have a brother who swears in front of my son, a husband with the same mental age as my son, and a five pound child in my stomach. How would you feel if you were in my shoes?”

He thought about that for a minute then said, “Fat.” He quickly ducked out of the room before she could hit him.

Jayne walked in with Derrial slung over his shoulder, “Look what I found tryin ta hide on our ship. No good stowaway.” Jayne gave Ana a kiss.

“EWWWWW!!! That’s my mom!” Derrial yelled.

Ana laughed then suddenly stopped.

“Ana?” Jayne looked worried.

“It’s time,” she said.

“For what?”

She looked at him in disbelief, “The baby.”

“Oh. Oh!” He put Derrial down and helped Ana to Simon who had been preparing himself for this for a couple days now.

It was a long time before the baby was born.

“What do you want to call him?” Ana asked Jayne before anyone else came running in to see the new boy.

“What about after Wash?” Jayne said.

“Hoban? How ‘bout that can be his middle name. Wash hated his name, remember?”

“Yeah, you’re right.”

“Adam. Adam Hoban Cobb,” Ana said.

“Why Adam?”

“It’s a nice name,” she smiled and he gave her a small kiss. Then Derrial came storming in saying he wanted to see his baby brother. Everyone else followed to see their new nephew.
End.

Just in case anyone didn’t know: Derrial is Book’s first name, Hoban is Wash’s first name, and Adam is the first name of the actor who plays Jayne (Adam Baldwin).

This is the official end. Thank you for reading. And please review.