Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ What Matters Most ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok! This is my first FoR fic so be nice! It's a Kaoru fic but not a pairing. I'm telling you now, if you want pairing or slash then this isn't the fic you want!

DISCLAIMER: All characters are not mine. I'm merely borrowing them for the sake of fun.

What Matters Most

Chapter One: Prologue

It was yet another beautiful morning in the Hanabishi home except for the fact that Recca had been chasing Kaoru for about an hour or so. This happening was totally normal in the Hanabishi home. Everyday Recca would get soaked in water and would chase Kaoru around the house thinking that he was the one who did it, which isn't true since Mr. Hanabishi asked Kaoru to wake Recca up. And since Recca wouldn't wake up he decided to splash water on him instead. Sometimes, Recca would wake up without being soaked and would chase Kaoru with no apparent reason. That was life on the otherwise peaceful home of the Hanabishi. Ever since the tournament Recca decided to 'adopt' Kaoru since Kaoru didn't have anywhere to go to. And since Kaoru is sometimes very really annoying, both him and Recca would always fight or argue over simple matters. This activity doesn't seem to bother Mr. Hanabishi at all since all he ever does is stare at Kagero and go on to dreamland.

Everything was all well and fine since the tournament. Everything was alright with Domon, besides the fact that he was appointed cashier of their little flower shop, which is to him by far the most humiliating thing that he has ever done in his entire life. Ganko was living with Fuuko. As far as everybody's concerned, they're doing just fine, probably better off than Recca and Kaoru. And as for Mikagami, he was doing fine. Heck, he was having the best days of his life ever since Fuuko answered him. Though he doesn't show it, it was pretty obvious to everybody that he was in love with Fuuko. Poor Domon though, couldn't take the fact that Fuuko would answer such a guy like that, in Domon's point of view. And for Yanagi, she was having a blast. There were no longer crazy, idiotic, madmen trying to get eternal life by experimenting with her body. She no longer had to worry about everybody's life. No one had to do anything life threatening.

Everybody was having a normal life, with normal problems and normal activities. Too bad not everything will be normal in the coming days. Too bad for Kaoru. His life hangs in the balance. Too bad for him. There seems to be no cure…