Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ What Matters Most ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

From now on the story goes with Kaoru's PoV. I changed the last part of the first chapter because I wanted the story to revolve around the illness. At first I wanted a kick-butt story but I found out that I lost the inspiration to continue. I found that inspiration again but I had to change the story. So now, it's new. It used to be the Important Thing, as you would know, and now it's What Matters Most. I'm sorry if my story's a bit dull and old but I'm writing just for fun.

DISCLAIMER: The characters aren't mine. I'm only borrowing them for the sake of mere fun.

What Matters Most

Chapter 2: The Beginning

Hmmm… What a strange game this is, tag. Running around, chasing, running again. I wonder why people bother to do it? I wonder why I bother to do this. Recca, as usual, had been chasing me around the house again for a reason I could never really fathom. I guess he'd never been able to realize that his father had just asked me to do such a tedious thing. If I was asked what to do I'd say Kick him in the arse and keep on doing it until he wakes up. A bit painful, but effective. My father used to do it to me all the time. Come to think about it, he'd only do it if I didn't wake up on time, which was a rarity.

We'd better stop running around now. Time to go to school.

"Let's stop this now, Recca. I'm getting tired,"

Panting he told me, "Alright. We're gonna be late for school if we don't. Go dress up now. Hurry up though, or I'll make sure you do."

I know he didn't mean it so I said, "Whatever!" And I laughed all the way to my room.

I started dressing up, like he told me to, and started to walk out of my room when I felt the world spin. The walls of my room suddenly swayed and turned. I staggered and reached for something to hold on to. I touched the shelf and clung to it tightly. Then, in a matter of minutes, it passed. I knew if I told Recca about this he would surely laugh at me so I kept it to myself.

After all, what harm could a simple giddiness do to me?

I walked out of my room without any problems and ran to the door to find Recca waiting impatiently for me.

"What took you so long?" asked an annoyed Recca.

"Had to find spare clothes," I quickly lied, "I'm sorry."

"Well, we're going to be late now. We'll have to run."

I nodded. "Alright."

We ran all the way until the last corner. We stopped there, to take a rest and just walked to school. But just when we were about to pass the corner I felt it again. The houses around me seemed to sway and turn. I stumbled and almost fell; thankfully I caught myself just in time. Recca must've noticed this because he asked me, "Are you alright?"

I lied, "Yeah, just fine."

I knew he didn't believe me. Nobody ever did if it came from me. After all, how could they trust someone like me? Parents unknown, family unknown, birthplace unknown. Although they cared for me and they treat me as if I was their own, I knew they still didn't trust me. I knew they had that little doubt inside them and I could never make them believe otherwise since that would only lead to more mistrust, more doubts, more isolation. I didn't want to be alone. I never wanted to be left alone. Like what my father's done so many times before…

"Kaoru?"

I looked up and saw Recca's concerned face, "I'm fine, really," I smiled at him, to reassure him that I was really fine.

He nodded and we started heading to school again.

Just be easy on me if you don't like my story. Like I said, I'm doing this for mere fun. And it's my first time doing a FoR fanfic. Thanks for reading anyway!