FLCL Fan Fiction ❯ Hybrid Rainbow ❯ Runner's High ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NOTE: If I owned FLCL, I'd be the happiest person in the world. But I don't. However, I'm still happy that there's FLCL to begin with.
 
BTW, Italics= Naota's thoughts
“Italics”= Haruko to Naota
*Italics*= Naota to Haruko
 
Hybrid Rainbow
“Runner's High”
 
 
 
 
Now what the hell do I do?
 
Naota continued drifting into the unknown, realizing only now that not only did he not know where he was going, but he also had no idea where Haruko might be. The never-ending space wheeled all around him and he sighed at his sad attempt of a search. He had nothing with him except his Vespa, Haruko's left-handed Rickenbacker bass, and the clothes on his back. He didn't even pack food or money for himself. Of course, what were the chances that aliens accepted yen, if there were any aliens at all? Naota stared into the bland darkness ahead of him and groaned. He closed his eyes slowly and searched around for an enjoyable moment of nostalgia, only to find another memory of her…
 
*Who are you and what do you want?*
 
“I'm just a wandering housekeeper.”
 
*Tell me the truth.*
 
“I'm an alien.”
 
*Right. And this afternoon, you were a nurse.*
 
He lost sight of the shining star he had targeted a while ago. Not that it mattered anymore. What were the chances she would be there? What were the chances she was anywhere?
 
“What's underneath the bandaid?”
 
*You're really…freaky.*
 
“Under the bandaid. What's it like? Tell me.”
 
*I don't know.*
 
“You're lying! You saw it.”
 
*Something strange is happening.*
 
“What are you hiding under the bandaid?”
 
*You did it, didn't you?*
 
“You should know about your own head!”
 
*Because you hit me there!*
 
“Let's see it!”
 
*You came here with my father! Why don't you go sleep with HIM?!?!*
 
Naota felt a pang of guilt hit him in the gut. He remembered those words like he uttered them a million times before. If there was anything he wished he could take back, it was that. He knew that his dad was out of Haruko's league. When Kamon decided to play Lupin III with her, she fought of every single move he pulled on her. And what did Naota have to show for it? You guessed it: nothing.
 
*What do you want?*
 
“You're the one I saw first, Ta-kun.”
 
Those words lingered in Naota's mind throughout his adolescence. When he looked back on it, it was one of the few times that a girl, other than Mamimi-chan, had remotely told him, “I want to be with you.” He wished he felt something more back then. At least then, he would now have an emotion other than regret to hold on to, to remember, to savor…
 
Naota jerked his head up suddenly. He could have sworn he heard a voice somewhere. No way in hell. I'm just imagining things. He begged to differ when he heard the voice again. He looked to his right and squinted into the distance. A spark of light glimmered far ahead and the voice got louder and louder and…
 
“WHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! 221;
 
Naota grimaced in terror. Headed his way was a periwinkle motorscooter, careening at its top speed with a cackling, female driver onboard…
 
*******
 
Who is this mysterious person about to crash into Naota? Is it Haruko? Another alien perhaps? Fooly? Cooly?
 
FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OF HYBRID RAINBOW: “STALKER GOES TO BABYLON!”
 
Remember! The faster you review, the faster I put up the next chapter! ;3
 
~Saeka-sama