FLCL Fan Fiction ❯ Hybrid Rainbow ❯ Stalker Goes To Babylon ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NOTE: Still don't own Fooly Cooly, still screwing around with it anyway.
 
 
 
 
Hybrid Rainbow
“Stalker Goes to Babylon”
 
 
All Naota could remember was a callous laugh, a crash, and then, silence.
 
The lingering space around him blurred in and out of context as he attempted to open his eyes. The inane, violet blob above him suddenly formed another person as his vision cleared. Naota studied the stranger who had run over him not moments ago. From first glance, he could notice one odd thing about her.
 
She's a purple fanatic.
 
From head to toe, she was covered in purple. Her long, layered hair was colored a blinding platinum blonde with dark violet highlights. Wrapped around her neck was a periwinkle-rhinestone encrusted choker, which matched her dangling earrings and her wristbands. Her purple, leather halter-top was embedded with sequins around her V-shaped collar. Girded around her hips was a light violet plastic belt that slanted over the only piece of clothing that wasn't purple, a black mini-skirt. Her legs were accessorized with fishnet stockings, and to complete the look, she donned dark purple platform boots that were cut at the knees. Naota came back to his senses when he heard a high-pitched squeal.
 
“Eeeeh!” squeaked the purple oddball as she pulled Naota into a bear hug. “He is not very dead, just as I thought! Earth Boy is very, very alive, in an Earth Boy kind of way!”
“Earth Boy?” Naota mumbled. How did she know I'm from Earth?
“Pyon? Did Earth Boy talk?”
“Urm, who are yo- WAIT A SECOND, YOU JUST RAN ME OVER! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!”
“Earth Boy yelling at me. Bear hug no good,” the girl groaned.
“YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION!”
“Question time! Answer right and you get a not-angry Earth Boy!”
“GRR… Alright, who are you and how do you know I'm from Earth?”
“Easy,” replied the walking violet billboard. “Your Vespa says `Earth Edition'.”
“Vespas don't come in `Earth Editions',” Naota retorted.
“No? Huh. Pyon.”
“Pyon?”
“Ah, Earth Boy asked my name, did he not? Ahem. Prepare to be dazzled by the most beautifirous, fanglorious name any Earth Boy ever heard! The name is…!”
 
Naota waited for her response. If there was one thing he didn't have patience for right now, it was childish antics.
 
“ZA!”
 
“What was that? Another special sound effect?”
“No, silly Earth Boy! Za!”
“Wait, you mean your name is Za?”
“Za-za-za-za-za Za-za-za Za!”
“That's it? Your name is just `Za'?”
“Huh? Yup, just Za! Pretty, pretty, pretty, isn't it Earth Boy?”
“Will you stop calling me that? My name is Naota!”
“Na-O-Ta? Weird Earth Boy name.”
 
Naota pushed himself towards Za's face and yelled even louder. “STOP CALLING ME EART-” Naota did a double take. He couldn't believe how this girl took her love for purple to an even higher level.
 
I've heard of unhealthy obsessions before, but Jesus, even her eyes are purple!
 
“Na-o-ta's Vespa needs some fixing. Want to hop on?”
 
Naota hesitated for a minute. This weird, hyperactive, purple stranger with ADD was offering him a ride. But then again, any alien might know something about a “First Class Space Patrol Officer” who smashed people's heads with a bass guitar and rode a yellow Vespa that flew through space. Naota reluctantly hopped on after Za tied his now-banged-up Vespa to the back of her periwinkle scooter like a tow-truck and sped off into who knows where.
 
*********
Sorry if this is short, but it's still been a while since I added a chapter. I'll get back in the scheme of things, don't worry. Anyway, what's up with this `Za' girl? Can Naota trust her? And how could Naota just lie sprawled out in the middle of space without floating anywhere? Find out next time on Hybrid Rainbow: Instant Music! Ja Ne! :3