FLCL Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Vespa ❯ Shadow ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iris: *rocks back and forth in a corner* Too much typing... too much typing...

***

Tane raced downstairs, toppling over her Vespa. She had to get to Naota. That monster near Medical Mechina was in a bad mood and would tear him apart.

"No, no." she whimpered. The blue Vespa grumbled and moaned, it wouldn't start. Tears streamed down her face, "No, Naota, don't do it!" She cried vainly.

***
The red Canti sped through the air towards the now perfectly visible serpent. It looked like a large centipede with varying size eyes down its back and claws on each leg. The monster opened an orifice at one end of itself and bared its jagged, misshapen teeth at the robot. (This monster is now called 'Genousai')

"Death unto the shadow!" Genousai grumbled, taking a large lunge at Canti/Naota. The robot dodged and swiftly kicked the monster. Genousai tumbled back towards the hole of the hand, straightened itself and charged again, "The shadow shall fall!"

::Shadow?:: Naota thought as he and Canti dodged again ::What shadow?::

"Naota!" Canta shot his attention towards a blue dot furiously speeding up the hill towards them, "Don't fight!"

"Tane?" Genousai growled and rocketed off the hand. Tane screamed and popped an unexpected wheelie trying to protect herself. The blue Vespa crashed into the monster as the young girl tumbled back down the hill. Canta started back towards her, but was held back by a force field, "Damn! Tane!"

***

Everything was moving so slowly as she fell. The monster collided with her bike, shook it off, and continued after her. ::Please...:: Tane thought frantically as she continued down the hill ::Please, big sister, help me!::

Genousai's maw inched closer and closer to the helpless Tane. She was getting closer to the bottom of the hill and was starting to slow. She cried her plea again, this time aloud. A strong surge of power raced over her body. Tane flipped into a crouching position and stood up, a strange glow in her eyes. Canta was amazed to watch a guitar materialize through a glowing red light on her forehead were the sign of Atomsk had also appeared. From the glow, the young girl pulled a guitar from her own brain void. It was black and had silver claw marks along the body and fingerboard. The guitar gleamed in the sunlight as Tane raised it over her head and swung hard into Genousai's side. The mutant millipede split in two then shattered into oblivion. The barrier disapitated and Canta floated down to Tane. Canti spit up Naota and (after cleaning up) he quickly checked over Tane.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"...." Tane stared blankly at him, her eyes still dull from the fight.

"Tane-chan!"

"..." She closed her eyes, dropped her guitar, and collapsed into his arms, "Naota-kun..."

Naota knelt down with her in his arms and smiled lovingly. She had used up all her strength to save him. He nuzzled her hair gently as the wind rustled the leaves and grass all about. She smelled like motor oil and bread. He skin was soft and warm like a blanket and her hair lapped gently against his face as the wind kicked and died. After a moment of peace, Naota picked Tane up and carried her home, followed by a happy blue Canti.

The night almost went on as usual, Naota's dad and grandpa made jokes and poked fun at him and Tane. They ate dinner a little quieter than usual, however, Naota didn't reply to his father's rude comments or to his grandfather's elderly whines. His eyes kept wandering to Tane. She wasn't eating. He was beginning to wonder is she was okay.

"Tane..." before anymore words escaped his mouth, Tane stood up from the table and went upstairs.

***

Tane slid slowly into the bath, cringing as the warm water stung her bruises and cuts. She was relieved to be back. The water sloshed and splashed against the side of the bath and on her scarred body. A heavy sigh fluttered off her lips. She jumped as the bathroom door opened and a half naked Naota (A/N: He has a towel on) came in.

"Naota!" she cried, covering herself. He didn't seem to be bothered, "I'm indecent!"

"Can I bathe with you?" Tane's face flushed red, along with the rest of her.

"Eh... sure..." she mumbled, turning to face the wall. Naota got in, much to Tane's surprise, and wrapped his arms around her waist. She squeaked a bit, forcing her hand to unclench, and tried to fix the picture in her head, "Don't make me slap you." She growled.

"Thank you."

"Ne?"

"For saving me back there." he whispered into her ear. Tane relaxed. She never noticed what a gentle voice Naota had, what strong arms he had, what a fit body he had, what soft and smooth skin he had. Her mind drifted away. She absently reached back and threaded her fingers through his short hair. He leaned forward and nuzzled her shoulder. ::Naota...::

***

Naota had never noticed how well developed Tane was. Her sports bras always held her body back, so he never paid much attention to her shapely figure (other than the earlier incident with her overalls). She had an almost perfect hour-glass body, her curves just a little thicker than her sister's. He was overwhelmed by the gentle feel of her midriff, how sleek she was at her waist, she was simply wonderful to the touch.

"Tane-chan?" he whispered.

"Ne?"

"Earlier, when you got upset."

"..."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been trying to shun you in your sister's light."

"Where else would I be shunned? I am my sister's shadow." They sat in silent against each other, admiring the other's body.

"Tane-chan?"

"Ne?"

"Will you stay with me?"

"Ne?"

"Please, Haruko left me. I don't want to lose you too."

"Naota." Tane pulled herself from Naota's grip and turned to look at him, giving the boy a nice little flash of her chest, "I don't want to lose you either. You're the nicest person I've ever met in my sister's path! Naota-kun... I-"

"Ah! Dinner was great, as per usual!" Naota's father burst into the bathroom to the amusing sight of his son and housekeeper in a suggestive situation, "Furi... Kuri?"

"IT'S NOT FURI KURI, DAD!!!"

*~*Fin*~*

Iris: \/\/007 an update! Sorry that I've been dead for so long, my internet was down. BUT NOW I'M BACK!!! WOOT~!