FLCL Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Vespa ❯ The FLCL Spirit ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iris: YATTA!!! Christmas is here!

Siri: *glares*

***

Tane walked contently up the stairways, hanging garland as she went. Naota was coming out of his room after getting dressed from a shower. A few months had passed since the guitar came out of Tane's head. There hadn't been a use for it since, so she never touched it. Naota thought it was a beautiful instrument, but never said anything about to her.

"Naota-san!" Tane giggled as she wrapped some tinsel around his shoulder, "Where's your Christmas spirit?"

Naota shrugged, "You aren't hanging up mistletoe are you?"

"No, but Canti might be." Naota sighed and went to find his mecha. Tane chuckled happily and continued decorating the hallway. The young girl was beginning to really open up to her new family. Grandpa was constantly watching her when she made bread in the bakery, complaining about how absent-minded she was, and Mr. Kamon was just plain weird. Naota and Mamimi were really nice, even if Naota had trouble showing it.

"Hey! Takkun!" Tane tumbled down the stairs, Mamimi's voice spooking her out of her airy daydreaming. Naota came to the door and opened it. Mamimi stuck her head in, kissing Naota firmly on the forehead, "Merry Christmas, Takkun!"

"Mamimi!" he protested with a red face. The high school girl pointed to the top of the door where mistletoe had been hung.

"You know, Takkun." Mamimi said as she and Naota went back inside, "This is year, if you kiss someone you love at midnight, then your wish will come true."

"What wish?" Tane asked, trying desperately to untangle herself.

"Any wish!" Mamimi said with a dreamy sparkle in her eye. Tane got the same sparkle as Naota sighed and went upstairs to hide the mistletoe. There was a knock on the door. The little alien hurried over to it.

"Konnichiwa! Welcome to the Nandaba Bakery/Residen-....ce?" Tane blinked then cringed at the seaweed-brow man standing extremely close to the door.

"Is that you, Raharu?"

"Mama-chan." Tane hissed.

"No." Amaro said, patting the little alien on the head, "You're too short and calm to be Raharu; you must be Takero."

"My name is Tane, Mama-chan." Amaro twitched at this.

"I've grown up, Tane, it ain't Mama-chan anymore."

"Then what? Mama-kun?" The dark-skinned, blonde-haired women standing beside Amaro snickered.

"No! It's Commander Amaro! And this is my second-in-command, Officer Kitsurubami!"

"Oi. So now I have to address you as Commander Mama-chan?"

"No!" Amaro got an evil grin, "That forked tongue... it's just like Raharu's."

Tane's eye twitched and her guitar flew from Naota's room and down to her hand (knocking Naota, Canti, and Mamimi over). She raised it over her head with a wild glare in her eye.

"Don't dare..." she brought the guitar down on Amaro's head, creating a resonating clang, "...place my sister's likeness on me!"

Amaro collapsed and his seaweed eyebrows fluttered off. Kitsurubami stepped back.

"Huff.. huff.." Tane shuddered and immediately smiled up at the frightened lady, "Please come in, I'm about to make Snow Tea."

***

"Snow Tea?" Kisturubami sipped at the drink, "I does taste I little different."

"Well, it doesn't snow in Mabase that often, so I replaced the snow with sugar. It's basically the same thing." Tane smiled and looked over at Naota and Canti. The two were dancing drunkly around the Christmas tree. Kamon had spiked their tea, just to see what happened.

"So why do you call Commander Amaro, Mama-chan?"

"Well a long time ago, when Haruko first came to Earth looking for Atomsk, she dragged me along with her and we met Amaro. His head worked... some what, but everytime she hit him, he'd cry and run to his mom. So we dubbed him 'Mama-chan'." Kitsurubami giggled, "You're really nice, Kitsurubami-san."

"Oh, please. Don't be so formal."

"Can I call you Suru-chan?"

"Sure! I've never had a nickname before." Tane laughed and stood up to answer the door. She swung it open and screamed.

***

Iris: Next time on FLCL.

Tane: What the hell are you doing here!?!?

Naota: Christmas Curry?

Haruko: Takkun! Gimme a kiss!

Amaro: Raharu!

Tane: I wish she would just stop and think about what she's doing....

Iris: 'A Fooly Christmas!'