FLCL Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Vespa ❯ A Fooly Christmas ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Iris: This beginning scene will be done in script form, as an homage to the manga scenes featured in the FLCL anime.

Siri: Who are you and what did you do to Iris?

Iris: *glomps Siri* I wuff you, my evil spawn!

Siri: *sweatdrops* There she is.

***

Tane: *screams* What the hell are you doing here!?!?!?

Haruko: Hi. *walks in*

Kamon: Tane-chan, who is it?

Grampa: It better not be that Mamimi girl!

Mamimi: I've been here an entire chapter, Wrinkles-magoo.

Naota: *steps out of the dining room with Kitsurubami and Amaro* Who... is it????

Amaro: Raharu!

Haruko: *glomps Amaro* Mama-chan! (Amaro faints from bliss)

Kitsurubami: The alien?

Kamon: Is she back for more FLCL? (A/N: Kamon is the only still in the dining room, Mamimi and Grampa have their heads sticking out the dining room doorway.)

Tane: A/N?

Haruko: *glomps Tane* An author's note, little sister!

Tane: GAH! Off! And who's the author?

Mamimi: I think that person is the author. *points to Iris and Siri standing off stage*

Naota: Then who's the other person?

Amaro: *awaken* Iris Sun and Siri Moon, an authoress and an authoress' evil spawn/clone/twin.

Iris: Siri isn't my twin or clone. We look the exact opposite of each other when we're not doing Battle Royale.

Tane: Battle Royale?

Kamon: *sticks his head out* Haruko? Are you here to investigate your sister FLCL deeds?

Haruko: *dramatically* My dear sweet sister is FLCLing? I am ashamed! *drops to a cliche maiden in distress pose* To think...

Naota: You FLCLed before her.

Tane & Suru: FLCL?

Grampa: FLCL is- *putting his hands up*

Naota: Don't show them that!!

Haruko: So who did you FLCL with?

Tane: Umm...

Naota: We didn't FLCL!

Haruko & Iris: Guilty dog barks first! *dramatic pointing*

Amaro: *getting inside Iris' personal space bubble* Don't you have a story to write?

Iris: *clenches her fist and punches Amaro sky high*

Siri: *sighs*

(everyone argues amongst themselves, except for Tane and Suru-chan, who are still wondering what FLCL means.)

Naota: No one is FLCLing around and ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! STOP STOP STOP!!!!

Naota dropped to his knees as everyone returned to story mode.

"I refuse to do that every again." he growled at the authoress.

"Okay, didn't make a note of it." Naota hung his head in defeat. Tane went to his side and helped him back up.

"Oh! My baby sister is growing up!" Haruko glomped Tane, knocking the younger alien over. Tane screamed and ripped her sister off of her.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?!?" Tane growled.

"Well, I wanted to spend the holidays with my baby sister, of course!"

"Don't lie to me."

"Okay, okay." Haruko's eyes became serious, "I came for Atomsk."

"Ato..."

"Hey!" Haruko jumped up, suddenly wearing her old maid outfit, "Who wants Christmas Curry?"

"Christmas Curry?" Naota echoed.

"Yes! It's got little flecks of mistletoe and it's SUPER SPICY!" (although I read somewhere that mistletoe is posionous... O.o)

"I hate spicy stuff!"

"Aww... you didn't change at all! Except that you're FLCL-"

"SHUT UP!" Tane said, pushing Haruko, "I don't know what FLCL means, but Naota-kun and I aren't involved in it!"

"Yeah, yeah." Haruko yawned and wandered into the kitchen, "I'm sure everyone wants a plate of Christmas Curry."

"Naota-kun..." Tane turned to look at him, but Naota turned away and went up to his room, slamming the door shut.

***(A/N: ya'll remember what the italics mean, right?)

Haruko... you came back... What do I do now? 'If you kiss someone you love at midnight, your wish will come true.' There's only one midnight and therefore, one chance and one kiss, so who do I kiss? And what would I wish for? Wait! What am I saying? That's just one of Mamimi's stupid superstitions. Right? But if I did kiss one of them, what would my wish be? If I kissed Haruko, I'd wish for her to stay here forever, but then Tane would get fed up with her and leave. Then if I kissed Tane, I'd want her to see what I saw when Haruko was here... but who knows how she would take that?

Naota sighed. He noticed the sun had long since gone down. As he started to get up from his balcony, the door opened. Out of the corner of his eye, it looked like Haruko, but the silent air about her was Tane's.

"Tane-chan.." she sat down beside him and handed him a bowl of Ramen, "..thanks?"

"I know you don't like Curry, so I sneaked some Ramen out of the kitchen." Naota looked down at the steaming bowl. Tane began eating, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Say, if you had one wish, what would it be?"

"..." she bit her lip, "I don't know."

The boy leaned back against the railing of his balcony and looked into his room. The clock read, '11:59'. They sat in silence for a few seconds, then Naota leaned forward, placed his hand beneath Tane's chin, lifted her face, and kissed her cheek. Tane smiled and kissed his cheek.

"What did you wish for?" Tane whispered.

"...." Tane sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I wished that your wish would come true..."

***

Tane: Don't tell me that you kissed Mr. Kamon.

Haruko: Did you and Takun FLCL again?

Naota: We're not FLCLing.

Haruko: Next time on 'The Blue Vespa'.

Tane: 'And a Very Cooly New Year.'