Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Conan and the Sohmas ❯ The Faked Suicide ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

As they rode, Richard told them about the case.
“The leader of the Sohma clan has supposedly committed suicide. We are going to try and prove whether or not this is true. If we can give concrete evidence one way or the other, if it's murder tell who did it, and all that stuff, they'll let us be the detectives exclusively of the immediate family, and we can live on the grounds and I get a raise. SO DON'T MESS THIS UP!!” He gave Conan a pointed look.
“Wait.” said Rachel. “What was the name of the person who called you?”
“Um...Hatori. He's the family doctor.”
 
They arrived by taxi at the house where the “suicide” had taken place. Waiting for them was Hatori.
“So,” said Richard. “The head of the family...”
“Akito.”
“Yes. Akito was killed at 11:14 pm last night, in his bedroom on the fourth floor. You were coming up the path from treating a patient and saw him kick the stool that he was standing on out from under himself and die hanging in midair. Is that correct?”
“Yes.”
“Well let's get their opinion of it.” he said, gesturing toward two boys who were currently locked in heated combat. “Rachel, how about getting them over here?”
“Big coward,” muttered his daughter, and went over to tap the silver-haired one on the shoulder. Within minutes they had untangled themselves and sat in the soundproofed den of the house, discussing Akito's characteristics.
“How did you feel when you heard the news?” He asked the orange-haired one.
Kyo smirked. “Happy. I felt happy that he was gone.” This visibly shocked the detective.
“I was the same.” the silver-haired boy echoed, his head down. “It's a horrible thing but it's true.”
“Akito was a bastard,” Kyo snarled. “He deserved it.”
Just then the door flew open and in waltzed a girl with long silver hair and a surprisingly flat chest. She was crying and holding her head, and as Richard rushed to comfort her Kyo and Yuki were shooting her equally evil glares.
When Richard tapped the girl on the shoulder her head popped up and she said, in a surprisingly deep voice, “Are you the detective?”
“Why yes, ma'am.” That was all it took. The evil glares disappeared as the Neko and Nezumi both erupted into fits of laughter, rolling on the floor and holding their sides, howling, hooting, tears flowing freely. Ayame, flustered, jumped back from Richard and said indignantly,
“Excuse me, I'm a guy.”
“Oh. Sorry.” Richard was about to say more when he collapsed to the floor and started talking in a slightly different voice.
“Akito was murdered.” he said. “And I know who did it.”