Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Conan and the Sohmas ❯ Answer And How They Got It ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ANSWER TO THE CASE OF HATORI'S VENGEANCE
 
 
They were still inspecting the body when Kyo ran up, panting because they'd been at least 5 blocks away and there was no time to waste.
He doubled over, sweating, and was able to choke out the murder's name:
“Hatori...”
Rachel and Tohru looked at each other for a minute before both going over to his now-crouching form; never had they seen the Neko down on his knees before, and it was scaring them.
“What do you mean, Hatori?” Asked Rachel tentatively. “He was exiled on our first case. Remember?”
“No...” Kyo made an effort at shaking his head. “He didn't have to be exiled...for this...”
Akito trotted over and placed his cold, wet Yorkshire Terrier nose against Kyo's forearm. Through his nose he could copy and give information from his mind, or copy and take it from another person “Inside”. He stood still for a moment, getting Yorkie snot all down Kyo's arm as payback for calling him a b****** (Unless it's a direct quote, she won't type it.) and also taking the information.
Which he communicated in excited yips to Shigure, while Tohru and Rachel, true to both of their natures, helped Kyo up. He wouldn't go in the shady garage, because of the ants and old Gertrude, but they helped nonetheless. Then, Shigure had the answer.
“Akito somehow got a gig as an astronaut. He drugged Gertrude and laid her on the floor.
He put the noose around her neck and left on his trip. As he was going over, a half-mile above her house, he activated her new garage door. This hung her.
Then some sicko did the rest.”
“Who was the sicko?” Yuki inquired, watching as Shigure yipped at Akito and Akito yipped back.
“Some random guy, I guess.”
“Oh.”
“What about the poem?” Ayame asked, poking the bloody tape recorder with a stick.
“Some sicko.” repeated Shigure.
“Oh.”
The case ended, Hatori jailed, and everything back to normal (Except for the fact that Kagura found the remains of Kyo's shirt and a whole bunch of duct tape in her bedroom that afternoon) the day ended at 8 o'clock at night. Everyone went to bed.
The end.