Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / XXXHolic Fan Fiction ❯ Solicitude ❯ Restive ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Solicitude
Chapter One
Restive
 
Rain pattered against the window in a rhythmic cadence that normally would have worked to calm and sooth the nerves of the girl staring out into the storm shrouded night, sitting atop her bed to gaze outside. The sound of the drops echoed upon the roof, and through the heavy fall of rain she couldn't see the trees surrounding the house, everything obscured by the gales of wind and rain that beat into the hard glass.
 
With a heavy sigh, Tohru looked down vacuously at the blank page of paper in her journal, shifting into a position more comfortable on the bed. She wished it would stop raining. For days now it had rained, locking the house's inhabitants inside when not at school or work, and even she was beginning to become restless. She couldn't do much in the stormy weather. To Tohru, the rain only served a reminder of her continued failures and what she still needed to accomplish.
 
This hasn't gotten me anywhere. In a bout of frustration Tohru fell back into the covers, letting the journal fall from her lap haphazardly. Staring at the ceiling with her hands to either side of her head she gripped the blanket beneath her tightly. Weeks, months, a year, how long had it been now that she had determined to break the curse? How many times had she failed? Every time was like a clamp digging deep into her heart, realizing that she'd only found another dead end. Nothing helped, and yet she could feel the deadly icicles of graduation creeping closer as time ticked by.
 
It was time that she didn't have.
 
Fingers tightening until her skin shone white, Tohru worked to still the panic within her chest. Clenching her teeth she blinked away the tears that had gathered to form beneath her eyes. Don't go.
 
Please don't go.
 
In all the time that had passed not a single memory had faded from her night with Akito at the beach house. As clear as water it remained etched into her mind and the more desperate Tohru began to feel, the louder the god's words rang.
 
`Don't get conceited you little bitch.
 
If you think you can “save” Yuki or Kyou, you should be ashamed of your arrogance. Let me tell you…I'll tell you the truth. Kyou will be confined just as soon as he leaves high school. Just like the previous cat before him. For his whole life.
 
Until he dies.
 
And Yuki will return to the family compound with me. All of them will live and die with me. All of the Jyuunishi will live in the same home following the same path. No one comes in, and no one will be stolen away. Always remaining the same.
 
A happy future.
 
An endless banquet.
 
Unchanging.
 
And I won'tlet you join us.'
 
Choking on a suppressed cry, Tohru shook her head vehemently struggling with all her might to make the memory fade. It lingered painfully, a dull ache in her chest. Lips quivering, she released the blankets before scrubbing furiously at her eyes. It didn't help. The action was wasted effort as new drops sprung anew.
 
It isn't fair!
 
Sobbing uncontrollably, she turned onto her stomach, and buried her face into the covers. Her muffled cries shook with each gasping breath she took, her body shuddering beneath the weight of her tears. It felt like her heart was being slowly stolen from her chest. It hurt. Every part of her body hurt. The pain was unbearable.
 
I don't want you to go. Conjuring Kyou within her mind she could see him perfectly; his awkward smile, his bright, orange hair, and crimson red eyes. She wanted to reach out and grab him, protect him somehow, and despite how badly she wanted to save him from harm, she had failed to discover how. Graduation was a month away. They would walk down the aisle together, receive their diploma…and then he would be gone. He would disappear from her life forever.
 
The tears redoubled.
 
Breaking away from the bed, Tohru used the sleeves of her pajamas to fruitlessly wipe away her tears, pacing the room in frantic misdirection in a hopeless effort to calm her self. The chaotic movements seemed to only encourage her restless feelings. Confined and feeling powerless, Tohru opened her bedroom door and stepped out into the chilly air of the hall.
 
The entire house was quiet. Everyone had already retreated to their rooms for the night. Kyou had barely even bothered to eat dinner, merely picking at his food. She had watched him at suppertime. It had been obvious to her that he had only come down and attempted to eat in an effort to make her feel better about his own health. He never seemed to eat much when it rained. It bothered her. It was then that it was most important that he keep up his strength.
 
This time around she hadn't eaten any more than him.
 
Choking back another sob, Tohru blinked in surprise to find herself stationed before his door. She had not even remembered walking over to it. Mind buzzing, she stared at the wood blurrily before looking down. Her hand was held a hairsbreadth from the sliding handle. She lowered it uncertainly, her eyes wide as her bottom lip continued to tremble. What am I doing? She questioned herself through the fogginess controlling her actions. I'll wake Ky
 
The door slid open.
 
Eyes shooting wide, Tohru stood paralyzed before the door, her body rendered completely still. Inhaling sharply, she found she could not move, her dark brown eyes frozen upon a garnet gaze. Swallowing, she tried to think past her surprise, think of anything. Her mouth opened but no sound came out.
 
“Tohru? Wa-what are you doing?”
 
She felt the tear trickle down her cheek as she stood motionless, unable to speak. Kyou's eyes widened. Caught like a deer within headlights, she did not move. Her voice caught within her throat.
 
“Hey….hey! What…why are you crying?” Kyou asked her, his voice full of shock as he looked down at her. Panicked, Tohru shook her head. She didn't know why she had walked to his door. She hadn't meant to. Now that she had made such a careless mistake, she had drawn his attention. Backpedaling in dread, she searched for a way of escape.
 
“I…I had just wanted to climb up onto the roof.” She blurted unthinkingly. Immediately she wished she had her words back. Even to her own ears she knew how stupid it sounded. There was no way a person would believe something like that, especially in this kind of weather and hour. A look of incredulity crossed his face.
 
“The roof?” He asked dubious, looking at her like she had to be insane. “What are you, nuts? It's pouring rain outside, you'd catch a cold!”
 
“Ah, I don't-! I mean, that I just…that is…or…I had just wanted to check on you…” She amended. Horrified with her self, Tohru felt foolish. Even as she spoke, the tears continued to trickle down her cheeks in a steady stream. It was like the dam held in place to watch over her emotions had been lifted. She tore her face from his.
 
“S-sumimasen!” Bowing in apology, Tohru stared through the fog clouding her eyes at the floor. “I…I guess it looks as though you're fine though, so I'll j-just be leaving now!” Rising to spin on her heel, Tohru moved to retreat as quickly as possible, feeling an uneasy pit in her stomach. So stupid! She mentally berated her self. What in the world am I doing? Irrationally, she had thrown out the first words that had come to mind without even thinking things through. When emotional, Tohru knew she had a tendency to act impulsive, but right now she really wanted to be clearheaded. She needed to be in control of all her actions. I feel like an idiot. She wanted to flee into the recesses of her room as quickly as possible.
 
She didn't make it two steps.
 
“Hold it.”
 
If the firm command in his voice hadn't stopped her, the hand on her head would have. Tohru felt the warmth of his fingers fall over her head, covering her hair as he stopped her in her tracks. Swallowing, she tried to dry the tears from her eyes, drawing in a shaky breath as she did. Deep down she knew Kyou wouldn't have let her escape like that. Not when he knew she was obviously upset.
 
Before Tohru even knew what happened she found herself spun back around and facing him again. His cat-like eyes creased as he stared down at her.
 
“It's not like I can help you if you don't tell me what's really wrong. You wouldn't be shadowing my door in the middle of the night if there wasn't something bothering you. I'm not that drained because of the rain.” Voice rough and gentle, he prodded her lightly. She could feel the question in his voice. “It's okay you know…I don't mind listening to your complaints.” His mouth tipped up to quirk into the hint of a smile, a teasing jest tugging at the corners of his lips. “I'm used to it already.”
 
Feeling her heart strings tug as his words, her eyes began to pool fresh with tears. Shaking her head, Tohru buried her face within her hands. She couldn't tell him. Every inch of her wanted to pour her soul out to him. But she couldn't. She knew what he would say if he discovered what she was trying to do.
 
He'd tell her to stop. He'd tell her to mind her own business and that it had nothing to do with her. She couldn't ever accept that.
 
“I'm sorry.” She gasped. Choking on her tears, her throat was tight as she tried to speak through the pain gripping her chest. “I'm sorry.” Her answer was inadequate, Tohru knew, but it couldn't be helped. Inhaling weakly, she struggled for air. Quietly, she sobbed into her hands.
 
She was hardly aware of the subtle movement before her. Only her own cries echoed within her head and Tohru found it difficult to hear anything beyond them. It was only moments later that she suddenly felt Kyou's hand lower from the top of her head to the back of her neck. Eyes shooting wide, she abruptly felt her self tugged gently forward.
 
Hands falling from her face, Tohru's breath stilled. A tanned arm was positioned across her companion's torso, coupled by her own two hands which he had captured, creating a barrier between their chests. Immediately the fresh scent of him filled her senses. Alarmed by the proximity and aroma her breath caught. He was so warm and Tohru felt ice cold. Her room had been freezing. The heat of his chest pressed against her forehead spread through out her skin, somehow managing to sooth the ache that had begun to rise within her head. This was the closest they had ever embraced.
 
“You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to.” Pressed against his chest she could hear his voice from deep inside. It was calming, a low rumble to her ears. She let it wash over her completely, soaking in his presence. “Just don't stress yourself out. You've done well.” She could feel the soft tips of his fingers as he threaded his hand through her hair, before the bottom of his chin lightly came to rest upon the top of her head. “You're going to do just fine.” Her fingers dug into the loose fabric of his shirt, and Tohru cried.
 
With her emotions already sprawled before him, Tohru let the tears fall undisguised now.
She clung to the material of his pajamas as though she never meant to let go. In truth, she probably never wanted to. His words had been so gentle. Even now she knew he had misinterpreted the meaning of her own, and the reason behind her tears. She wasn't surprised by it. There was no way that he could ever truly know.
 
The duration of the time she cried against him, he never moved, letting her use him as an emotional support. With her head buried against him, Tohru thought she knew now why she had unconsciously found herself outside of his door. It was clear. Whenever she needed him he was always there. Somewhere within the back of her mind she had sought out of the source of her comfort. Every once in a while she felt the hand threaded through her hair move in small, calming circles. The affects of his actions seemed to work like a drug. With a hiccup Tohru tried to dry her eyes on one of her sleeves.
 
“I think you got more of me than that sleeve.”
 
“Heh.” Tohru laughed weakly against him. Gazing at his shirt it was soaked where her eyes had been. She felt herself blush. “Gomen nasai,” she murmured embarrassedly. Reluctantly, she pulled back from him and he released his hand from the back of her head. She felt the loss. Running a hand over her eyes she dried the tears still clinging to her lashes. She felt better, at least calmed for the moment. She smiled faintly. “I'll wash it in—HICCUP—t-the morning.”
 
Looking up at him in surprise Tohru looked shocked at the sound that had come from her so loudly. “A-ah! I think that—HICUP—that…that I must have—”
 
“The hiccups?” He finished for her with an amused grin before another hiccup wracked her again. Tohru felt her cheeks flush and he chuckled softly. “Yeah, I noticed. Let's go downstairs and get something to drink. I'm thirsty anyway.” Each one seemed to come in succession now.
 
Agreeing to his decision, Tohru moved away from him, her hands interlocking behind her back. It had felt too comfortable against him. The warmth lingered, and having drawn away made her want to reach back out to it again. So greedy, she thought, her cheeks red. She decided to speak to try and distract herself from her own thoughts. “Yeah, that's probably a good idea. At this rate you'll probably get the hiccups too,” she commented as they both moved quietly down the stairs, ending on another hiccup that wracked her body.
 
“Huh?” He intoned, obviously surprised by Tohru's comment. Slightly ahead of her, he turned around to glance at her over his shoulder. The look he gave her appeared to be of wary amusement. Tohru felt embarrassment color her cheeks, realizing how silly the comment had to have sounded to him. Out of all her friends, only Hana and Uo knew this particular belief of hers, and that was only because they had witnessed it several times when they had first become friends. Everyone always laughed.
 
“It…it's really just silly actually…” She mumbled. It was too late to disregard the comment. She laughed as she blushed. “When I was little…whenever my mom got the hiccups she would chase me around the house.” The memory was as clear as day. She could remember it as though it were yesterday, even though it was so very long ago now. It turned her smile of embarrassment into something gentler. “She used to tell me that they were contagious. If you touched someone when you had the hiccups then you could spread it to that person too.” Tohru laughed weakly. “Maybe it was because I believed her so much that I some how always got them.”
 
Chancing a glance up at her companion out of the corner of her eye, Tohru felt her cheeks darken when she noticed Kyou covering his mouth with the back of his hand. It was a gesture she recognized. He was trying not to laugh.
 
“I knew you would find it —HICCUP— amusing.” Though her cheeks colored, a contented smile let him know that it was okay. He turned an entertained smile onto her, and she felt a flutter in her stomach. It was not often that Kyou smiled like that. The expression was like a precious jewel that she wanted to treasure forever.
 
“Somehow I don't find it surprising.” His tall frame broke away from her, and she watched as he walked to the cupboard, easily reaching down two of the cups that Tohru normally had trouble retrieving. She squeaked when he walked to the sink, snatching up the teapot. Eyes widening, she scrambled after him.
 
“Ky-Kyou-kun! It...it's still raining outside! You don't have to make...I can...iieee, let me make the tea!” Reaching out, she moved quickly to snatch the teapot from his hands—and gasped in surprise when it disappeared. The loss of the pot threw her calculations off, and her balance faltered as she suddenly began to crash straight for the floor. “Oh!”
 
Tentatively opening her eyes, Tohru felt acutely aware of the steadying hand resting atop her head. It was all that had prevented her fall. Tohru bit her lip in anxiousness. “But, Kyou-kun!” She stammered. His health was of the utmost importance, and she didn't want him to over-exert himself! After all, he had not eaten very much dinner, and it was already so late. The kitchen was her duty; she should take care of it.
 
“I'm not going to collapse doing something as simple as putting on some tea, I'm not that weak.” Not confident yet by his reassurance, she noticed that Kyou's hand remained planted on her head. It prevented her from continued attempts on the pot. He turned on the faucet, holding the teapot in the same hand. He had already put the cups down before her near spill, apparently. “Besides, I'm not the one who has been working my self up tonight.”
 
Mouth twisting in dissatisfaction, Tohru thought that it was incredibly unfair to use her emotional state from upstairs against her. This was entirely different. Though her worries were not gone, for the moment she could tuck them away. Kyou on the other hand did not have a choice in his fatigue. Taking a step back, she wrung her hands anxiously.
 
“Is Kyou-kun hungry?”
 
“No.”
 
She bit her lip before giving into a sigh. There really was not anything to do then. She saw him look at her out of the corner of his eye with a half-amused grin again. He likes teasing me, she thought dazed. Though he didn't always show it, and it could sometimes be in a round about way, Tohru thought that Kyou was actually very mischievous by nature. Giving up the battle this time, she reluctantly walked to the table and sat down. Somehow, he always seemed to win these little battles. She determined that she would win the next round.
 
If there was a next one...
 
Tohru shook her head fiercely of the thought. I can't think like that! I will break the curse. Somehow, I will break the curse. I'll protect Kyou. If there was anything she could not allow to waver, it was the belief that she could definitely succeed.
 
Engrossed in her thoughts, she did not notice the movement next to her until she heard the scrape of a chair. Jumping in her seat at the sound, Tohru turned her head to see Kyou take a seat next to her. The water was already boiling on the stove. Embarrassed, she gave him a smile for her surprise. Her body hiccupped in greeting.
 
“So, when do you leave tomorrow? You're taking a bus, right?” He asked casually. Even sitting down, Tohru was aware of the large difference in height between the two. It diminished slightly when he turned to her. Head resting in one of his hands, he looked up at her from beneath.
 
Nodding her head in response to the questions, Tohru leaned back in her own chair, gazing at the wooden surface of the table. She kept her gaze away from his. When he looked at her like that, it felt as though his claret eyes could see right through her. Much to her shame, Tohru knew that she could hide things very well from people. When it came to Kyou though, he somehow always managed to break through her defenses. She did not like keeping things from him, but in some instances, secrets were essential.
 
“Yes, we leave right after school. I'm just going to bring the things I'm taking with me on the trip in the morning.” She was not bringing much, and they were only going to be gone for a weekend. So close to graduation they could not afford more than a couple of days, and yet both Hana and Uo had suggested they needed a break to de-stress. There lied the problem though.
 
There was no way that Tohru could `de-stress' when she knew that time in Tokyo was time taken away from discovering a solution to the curse. More importantly, it was time away from Kyou.
 
The last couple of days had consisted of pretending feigned excitement in the trip. It was hard to act excited, when she was feeling so miserable though. If it was under normal circumstances, Tohru knew that this would not be something she was regretting. As it was, she thought her friends expected that she was acting ungrateful for the time and money they thrown into this to make it fun and different for her. The thought that they might think she was unappreciative just made her feel worse.
 
“Worried about graduation?”
 
Startling again, Tohru looked back up at Kyou as though afraid he really had seen through her thoughts. He does that so often. It could be the warmest and most unsettling feeling to have someone able to read you like a book. He could not know though. He was just exceptionally good at deciphering people.
 
“Um...sort of...” She answered honestly. She was worried about graduation. There would not be any reason to lie about that. Taking a deep breath, she tried to sort out her thoughts, careful to make sure she worded things properly. “It's just...coming up so fast and all. I'm not really...ready for it yet...” It was a complete understatement. She was not ready for it at all. Too worried about Kyou, she could not focus well on her schoolwork and tests, but when she did not score well her friends would try to help, which only took away more time she could use to try to free him. It could all be rather frustrating.
 
“Well, just try not to let yourself stress about it. You only make yourself sick.” He said in warning. Tohru nodded. Her friends had all told her that a lot the past few months. She could not afford to get ill. She kept her health in check with iron will. “Have you been looking into jobs or career paths?”
 
With a groan Tohru's head made contact with the table in agony. It felt like a black aura of doom had consumed her. J-jobs...work...after school... Her head spun in dizziness as one of her other fears attacked her. W-work...
 
“Hey...hey! I told you not to panic or stress didn't I!”
 
Arms falling to either side of her lifelessly, she turned her head to look up at Kyou from upon the table. Her face was the picture of stress and uncertainty. Her mind reeled relentlessly. A place to stay...a job... Throwing so much effort into trying to ensure that Kyou could remain free, she had spent virtually no time searching for a job or place to stay after graduation. It was going to be a real problem. Her head swam. Kyou's voice was a low growl.
 
“Geez.” A hand landed on her head to ruffle her hair, and Tohru slowly sat up once again, still feeling slightly overwhelmed. “I know you're worried about things,” He said, more gently than a moment before. “But you've done really well. Besides, that's why we're all being put through those career activities in school.” That was true. For those students not planning to continue their studies after high school, the school was very good about helping set students up for the future. But still...
 
They heard the pot begin to steam. The high-pitched noise filled the room and Kyou scraped his chair out, standing before she had a chance to move. Kyou-kun is quick, even when it is raining, she thought both impressed and bothered. It still should not have been him, but considering the toll the weather was taking on him, it just helped prove how strong he was. Lifting her hands, she placed them back on the table, staring at them deep in thought.
 
Shigure had offered his house to her, letting her know that if she wanted to continue living in his home after graduation, it was okay with him. Grateful for his generosity, Tohru had thanked him, and kindly refused. So many memories lingered within the house. When she imagined leaving, it was almost painful. If Kyou disappeared from its walls though...she could not bare to imagine. He had pressed that if she changed her mind, it would not be a problem...but she could not possibly.
 
Out of all the Sohma...Shigure was one of the few who knew her true intentions toward Kyou. He knew she was failing. It had been him who had told her how each of them regarded Kyou. The knowledge was something Tohru hated to try to accept. She wanted to believe...that Momiji, Haru, Kagura, and even Yuki and the rest of the zodiac...would want to prevent that fate from befalling Kyou.
 
“Oi,” A sound came from behind her, breaking through the dark thoughts. Warmth spread throughout her hands, and Tohru blinked, looking down at the cup of hot tea now resting within her grasp. “Your hiccups disappeared.”
 
Surprised, Tohru looked startled. She hadn't even realized they had faded away. They had disappeared on their own “Ah! Kyou-kun, you're right.” Caught up in her thoughts, she had stopped paying attention. Drawing the tea to her, she deeply inhaled the aromatic scent. It worked to help sooth her nerves, clearing painful thoughts temporarily out. Taking a sip, it warmed her from the inside out. “Arigatou gozaimasu, Kyou-kun. You're really good at making tea!”
 
“It's not that hard to make...” He mumbled gruffly. Tohru thought he sounded slightly embarrassed but pleased. He never seemed to take compliments well.
 
“But still!” she chirped, her words genuine. “I really like Kyou-kun's tea best.”
 
“You're weird.”
 
Grinning, Tohru laughed in response. That was not the first time he had told that to her before. It happened rather frequently... In the end, it made her happy. It meant that they were comfortable enough to say what they wanted and joke with each other. Kyou-kun's tea really is the best though. She did not care if she only thought that just because he made it. It just made it that much more special.
 
“Ano...Kyou-kun?” Laughter fading, Tohru kept her fingers wrapped around the warmth of her cup. Eyes distant, she looked far away as she recalled one of their many nights together up on the roof. It had been her first time wandering up there alone. Since then she had wandered up multiple times. She did not know why, but somehow it felt most like home up there. It was there she would disappear to whenever confused or upset. “Do you remember the first night you found me up alone on the roof? I had been gone for most the day.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
A look of mixed contemplation and curiosity grew on her face. She had selfishly gone out all day, getting into something that should not have been any of her business. In the end, Tohru had not helped anyone. She could remember that night clearly, when Kyou had found her. She looked back up at him to regard his face. “Is there anything...that Kyou-kun wishes for now?”
 
It was because she was watching him so closely that she caught the wide variety of emotions sweep his face. The intensity that radiated from him in that single moment took Tohru aback. It was as though a floodgate of emotion had been released from its confines, then quicker than she could react, was sealed tight again. Left to wonder if she had imagined the expressions that had crossed him, she blinked when two warm hands landed on her shoulders. The sudden proximity of his face to hers caused an instant blush to cover her cheeks.
 
“I wish for you to be happy.” He said simply. “I want you...to be happier than anyone else in the world.”
 
Stunned, Tohru could not pull her eyes from the tender intensity shining bright into her eyes. His crimson gaze was all consuming as he held her focus, an almost sad smile tugging the corner of his lips. All Tohru could manage to do was swallow. She felt small beads of water form beneath her lashes. The selfless wish washed through her. Faced with a future of grim loneliness and confinement...he could manage to say something so gentle...and for her.
 
“What do you wish?”
 
It took Tohru a moment to realize Kyou had fired the question back to her. Blinking back the tears that had formed to tremble on her eyelids, it took her a moment to shake away the shock. When Tohru's own wishes were so selfish, she had not deserved that kind of sentiment from him at all. Yet it touched her deeper than Kyou could ever know. She raised a hand to brush away the stray tear that had escaped her, and his hands and body moved back from hers. She regretted that it had disappeared.
 
“My wish?” Turning back to her tea, she stared past the steam still rising from her cup. Tohru sincerely wished so many things for her friends. It was painful to know that not all things wished for could come true. The one thing she wished for, continued to hope for, and pray for with all her heart, above all others...had not changed.
 
She sighed; a half amused half-apologetic smile on her face as she stared toward her unseen goal. It seemed so far out of reach, but Tohru would not give up. She never could, when the price of failure was too high. Tohru knew that no matter what it took, she would give all of herself to make her wish a reality. If only life could be that simple.
 
“I wish that Tokyo held the answer to all my problems.”
 
OoOoOoOoOoO
Authors Note
Wow! It's my very first chapter to my first full-blown fan-fiction, no one-shot this time. It is actually quite an accomplishment for me. I know I told everyone I would start a fanfic some day, so please forgive the long delay!
Well, my first fic turned out to be a crossover, though you might not know it yet! I never liked crossovers, so it is somewhat weird to be doing one, but somehow I think it works. I hope that everyone can enjoy it. My chapters might be very slow, because my forum and real life can be very busy sometimes, but I promise to try to stick it out to the end.
Just for clarities sake, I think, at least from Fruits Basket's side of the story that the events I include in my own story end at chapter 116. After, the story really begins to hit its climax, and since Solicitude is different and is my own fan fiction, I cannot really have that happen yet. As for xxxHolic the time is not really too important. You can leave that up to your own imagination.
As far as I know, it is not mentioned which city Yuuko, Watanuki and friends live in. I could be wrong, but since I currently do not know I am going to assume they live somewhere in Tokyo. Watanuki''s apartment is the same as Chii and Hideki's in Chobits. I know that the both of them lived in Tokyo, so it is my educated guess. If I find out otherwise I will definitely change it.
And for clarity, I truly dislike some of Tokyopop's translations of the names. Kyou is Kyou (Not Kyo). For the “ou” before a consonant in a name though, I am keeping it with the“h” Tokyopop uses, because I think it looks prettier. I like pretty things. Therefore, `Touru” is “Tohru” and `Souma” is “Sohma”. It is my personal preference, and as some like to say, `to each their own'.
With that, I promise not be as long winded in the future (hopefully).
I hope you enjoySolicitude then! Thank youfor reading! The story will definitely pick up. I'm ready to get this show on the road.
Disclaimer
I do not own Fruits Basket, xxxHolicor any of the characters affiliated within the anime or manga. The geniusesto those rights areNatsuki Takayaand Clamp, both wonderful and amazing storytellers. May they keep writing for many years to come.
Kittendreamz