Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Brother's Love ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ayame Souma sighed as he put the last of his equipment away.  He smiled at himself, proud of the latest outfit he finished for his latest client.  Sure, it was an odd hobby, as he really didn't need the money that came from this shop... but nonetheless, making romantic wishes come true left him feeling happy.

"Ah, Mine!" he said, calling out to his assistant.

"Yes, Boss?"

"Please store these in the back.  I'll finish out here."

Mine came around the counter Ayame was working at and picked up the dresses.  "You've done another superb job, Boss!" she exclaimed as she snuggled the outfits.  "Ah, and to think you'll be going on vacation for two weeks leaving me all alone to work on these beautiful masterpieces!!"  

"Fear not, sweet Mine, for I will be here in heart and spirit!"  Ayame laughed his traditional laugh, pose and all, as Mine clapped in exuberance.  He twirled around once, showing off the kimono that he had just finished as well.  She whirled around once and bounded towards the back.  

A slight jiggling sound caught their attention, causing both to freeze in the middle of their antics.

"Mine, stay in the back," Ayame warned, all pretense of silliness disappearing.

Mine nodded, biting her lip as she hurried to the back and closed the door.  As she stood back there, she looked around.  Why didn't Ayame install a phone in this damn backroom?

Meanwhile, Ayame quickly searched his store and discovered that unless he popped the arm off of one of the mannequins, he really didn't have an adequate weapon.  But no matter.  He was a  Souma, and Soumas were trained to fight.

"I'm sorry, but we're closed," he called out, tense and in fighting stance in case whoever was out there was still intent on forcing his or her way in.  It was long past closing time, and it was rather odd that someone would be willing to break into his little shop.

The jiggling stopped, and after a few seconds, Ayame relaxed.  He approached the door to peer out and hopefully catch a glimpse of whoever it was.  As soon as he touched the door and leaned into it, it burst inward, knocking him to the ground.

Inside the backroom, Mine yelped and clutched the dresses closer to her body.

Ayame was momentarily stunned, but quickly recovered.  "Now, see here," he said, as forcefully as he could, whirling around to look up at his intruder.

Correction.

Intruders.

Four ruffians stood in the doorway to his shop.

"What did I tell you, boys," said the one in the lead.  "The owner is a pretty little fruitcake."

Ayame snarled and pushed himself up.  "Fruitcake, am I?  Let's see if we can change that condescending tone, you amoebic unintelligent life forms!"  

Ayame unleashed a series of combos that would have made his master proud.  The thugs dodged or went flying backwards, unable to touch him.  He smirked.  "Who's big and bad now, monsieurs?"  

And then it happened.

As one of the thugs, obviously livid, came charging at him, one of the ones that landed on the floor reached out and grabbed his ankle as he prepared to unleash another combo that started off with a round house kick.

Ayame cried out his ankle was twisted and pulled out from underneath him.  He crashed into the boxes that held his fabrics and accessories.  He only had time to throw his hands up in front of his face as the shelving near the boxes came down, sending all the mannequin heads with wigs down upon him.  

Rough hands grabbed at his legs and pulled him away from the falling debris.  A moment later, he was flipped over, and someone placed a knee between his shoulder blades and grabbed at his hair, pushing his head down.

"You little fucker," snarled the one on top of him.  "We were thinking of going easy on you, but now we have to make you pay back every hit you gave us."

Ayame struggled to throw the man off of him, but the others began to grab at his hands and legs.  

He froze when he felt the kimono he was wearing being shoved up his legs.

"What are you doing?!?!"

"Having a little fun," snickered one of the others.  

"Of course, we had hoped to find your pretty little assistant here, too.  Oh well.  Men are usually made of sterner stuff  I'm sure you'll be able to accommodate us!"

Ayame yelled as fear took a strong grip in his heart and lungs.

X

Mine cried silently as she heard the thrashing that had occurred in the main part of the store.  She hugged the dresses tightly as she heard when the battle took a turn for the worse.  And she covered her ears when she heard those men defile her boss.  She wanted to drown out the screams, the moaning, and the grunting.  And then.... there was a deathly silence.

She waited a couple minutes, listening to her heart beat, and the blood rush through her veins.  

Then she slowly stepped out and looked around.  What she saw almost made her scream.

X

Mine.  Mine.  Mine.

Ayame could only use Mine's name as a mantra to keep from going insane.  He had to protect her.  Every time he almost gave up and called out to her, he imagined her smiling face, and knew he couldn't put her in any jeopardy.  He had to keep her safe.  

The men were brutal.  There was no way to make it sound less awful.  He felt his skin tearing as they forced themselves into him. The each had taken turns with his ass and with his mouth.  He could tell that there would be bruises on his hips from where they had grabbed him, and he felt where his hair had been yanked on his head.  Semen and blood dripped between his legs.  

He choked on their seme when they came in his mouth.

Then they began to cut him up with their blades.  They kept his face unmarked, claiming it had to look good for his casket.

Then they dug in deeper.  The larger one of them laughed in delight as he slid his blade into his stomach, pulled it out and shoved it back in again, as if he were fucking him with his blade.

Then they finally left him alone, exiting the store.

He wasn't sure when he had stopped screaming.

The bitter taste remained in his mouth.  But the rest of the injuries... they were going numb.

He could taste the blood replacing the semen in his mouth.  He could feel his lungs trying to breath in air instead of liquid.  Briefly he wondered if it was blood that was escaping his abdomen... or his inner organs.

He could see how his pale hair soaked up his blood, and he couldn't help but wonder what would he have looked like if he had dyed his hair that color.  He wanted to give up before Mine came out of the back room.  He didn't want to be seen like this and live to remember it.  He didn't want to see her face when she saw the horror that was inflicted on him.  He kept her presence silent.  He had kept her safe.  He would have no regrets.

Unfortunately, death escaped him, forcing him to look into the eyes of the young woman that he had always secretly loved but knew, that with the curse and Akito, would never be able to have.

X

Mine stood over the battered and bleeding body of Boss.  He looked like a broken angel, and it made her want to cry.

She dropped to her knees, not noticing the way the blood surrounding Boss seeped into her costume, staining it.  She reached out with trembling hands and touched him.  Boss's eyes cracked open.

"Oh, Boss," she whispered, and grabbed him, pulling him into her arms.

What transpired next surely tested her sanity, love, and loyalty for Ayame, her boss.

X

The weather was dreadful as two male figures made their way towards the large gate of the Souma residence.

"You dietary habits are alarming and grotesque," Hatori commented as Shigure laughed.

"Ah, but I need as much energy as I can with my activities.  Won't do to suddenly run out of steam while being amorous."

Hatori sighed and made a silent prayer that Shigure's umbrella would collapse and soak the author with the cold rain.  Sadly, the gods didn't have time to make that happen.

"Oh, what's this?" Shigure exclaimed, as they finally reached their destination.

Hatori observed what appeared to be a young woman in a drenched French Maid's costume, kneeling in front of the Souma's gate.  Her right hand rested against the wooden gates, as well as her forehead, while her other arm was curled tightly against her body, as if holding something.

Shigure and Hatori stopped in front of her, a feeling of dread growing in their hearts.

"Do you need help, miss?" Hatori asked, as he knelt down beside her.

The woman turned her head, eyes bloodshot and obvious that she had been crying.  Her right hand was bruised along one side, most likely from pounding against the gate for who knew how long.  

"Help him," she whispered hoarsely.

"Who?" Hatori asked.

Hatori and Shigure felt their hearts stop when the young woman turned slightly in their direction, revealing a mangled looking white snake against her stomach.

"Aya..."

tbc