Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Caged Heart ❯ Young and Hormonal ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note:
 
Ok, so the title's a bit scary, but don't worry!
 
Oh - and I think the whole extra-long chapter was just a one time thing.
 
Apologies.
 
Though this whole plot may be mine, the characters aren't.
 
Young and Hormonal:
 
“You didn't answer my question! I'm not gonna repeat myself!” shouted Kyo, still a cat.
 
“Green tea, I think.” commented Hatori.
 
“I said my question, not his!!!”
 
“Green tea?” Shigure's dog nose sniffed questioningly. “So it is!”
 
“Are you even listening to me any more?” demanded Kyo, the answer to his question quite obvious.
 
“But why green tea?” puzzled Shigure. `Hmm…”
 
“All this talk about tea is making me hungry!” announced Momiji. “Come on, Tohru! Let's go into the kitchen and make snacks!”
 
“Um… ok… I'll be back!” Tohru smiled apologetically as she was dragged along.
 
“Goddamnit!!! Answer me, dog!!!” No one paid any attention.
 
“I presume a cup was spilled.” deducted Hatori. “Possibly the cup you hold in your hand, Shigure.”
 
Shigure looked down at the cup he was holding.
 
“I think you just may be right, Ha'ri.”
 
POOF!
 
“Put some clothes on, Kyo! Please! Of all things to do when we have company!!!” declared Shigure airily, covering his eyes in disgust.
 
Kyo quickly slipped into the green tea soaked clothes, muttering frustratedly.
 
*************************************
 
A few minutes later, they all sat around the table, munching on delightful little snacks, courtesy of Tohru.
 
“Shigure, you never did tell us why you came back so early.” said Tohru.
 
“Ahh.” Shigure tapped the side of his nose knowingly. “Well, once upon a time there was a handsomely rugged man named Sh-”
 
“Shut up and get on with it!” Kyo sat drying on the porch.
 
“There isn't actually much to `get on with'.” said Shigure sheepishly. “I went to see Ha'ri and Ayame, as I said, to reminisce about the good old days. We were remembering what it was like to be young and hormonal, when suddenly it hit me.”
 
He paused dramatically. Kyo blinked.
 
“I remembered that Yuki said something this morning about going somewhere, but I thought nothing of it. Then I realised that the two of you -” he indicated Kyo and Tohru, “You would be left alone. Together. And of course, you were young and hormonal, as we were when we were that age - and, frankly, I was worried what might happen.”
 
Shigure, not noticing the steam fuming from Kyo's ears, kept ploughing along blindly, like a traveller cheerily walking off a cliff, completely unaware of his inevitable and certain doom.
 
“So, naturally concerned, I left immediately - Ayame had to finish designing his latest outfit anyway - and Ha'ri kindly agreed to accompany. And of course when Momiji here heard that we were going to see Tohru, well he wanted to come too.”
 
Momiji nodded enthusiastically and took over the story.
 
“Then, as we were walking along, a cup came flying out of nowhere and landed right on Shigure's head, see?” He pointed at the protruding bump. “Hatori said that it might've come from the Shigure's house, so I ran ahead to see what was wrong, and - well you know the rest.” The rabbit-boy giggled.
 
“Young and…hormonal???” Kyo, red with anger to the tips of his ears, spat out the words, disgusted.
 
“Precisely.” nodded Shigure brightly. “Very hormonal, in your case.”
 
“I'll give you something to match that bruise on your head, you perverted little bastard!!!” Kyo roared, leaping and attacking Shigure.