Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Place to Belong ❯ Akito's Ultimatum ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hello everyone! First and foremost I do not own fruits basket. I own a coffee pot and a 2.5lb bag of coffee, but that's about it.

Tohru and Yuki finished up in the garden and he told her all about the upcoming dance. It sounded wonderful, and she could not wait to go. "Honda-san would you like to go to the dance with me?" he asked her.

She beamed at him. "Yes! I would love to go to the dance with Yuki-kun!" she felt like she was floating on air. They walked back to the house together, neither one saying anything, both slightly embarrassed about their budding relationship. Both had insecurities that ran deep, so they were taking it slow. Tohru was even more excited now about being Yuki's date at such an important event. Yuki dropped her off in front of the house and explained to her he had a few errands to do and would be back before dinner.

Kyou was sitting in the kitchen when she walked in. "Tohru-kun can I talk to you for a minute?" Kyou asked her.

"Yes Kyo-kun, of course," she answered and followed him to the roof. Kyou had seemed different somehow when he spoke and she hoped there was nothing wrong.

When they reached the roof and sat down it took a minute for Kyou to begin talking. "Tohru-kun, I am a fool," she started to interject when Kyo cut her off to finish, "I have been unnecessarily mean to Kagura, and I need to know how to make it up to her. I really don't know much about what girls like so I was wondering if you could help me with this."

Tohru smiled at Kyou. It seemed she wasn't the only one to realize her hearts wish. She was glad Kyou finally realized it since she had known all along. She thought back to Uo-chan's words when she said, "You finally realized how you felt about the Prince" and she started to laugh.

Kyou immediately got angry. "You think this is funny!" he yelled, cat ears popping up.

"No, but I was just reminded of something earlier. I am sorry if you thought I was laughing at you!" she apologized quickly. "Kagura-san, well Kagura-san would be happy with just Kyou. Maybe take her out, but just being with you makes her happy." Her eyes had a dreamy expression. "To love someone, and to be able to stand near them, listen to them, that is all it takes to be happy." Kyou had a feeling she was not just talking about Kagura anymore. Part of him wanted to be hurt, but another part was happy to see a different Tohru. "I know!' she yelled quickly, dreamy expression lost, "Ask her to the dance with you!"

Kyou pondered this for a second. "Yes! That's what I will do. But I am a little nervous on how she will behave." Kyou answered. "You know how Kagura gets. I can accept that part of her now. She has not only amazing physical strength but also amazing personal strength." Tohru had a feeling she didn't know the whole story behind Kyou's sudden interest in Kagura, but she thought that they were a perfect match…as long as Kagura kept her emotions under control. But maybe, Kyou finally accepting her would help that situation out. He thanked Tohru and he went to go see Kagura.

"Good luck Kyo-kun!" she whispered after he left.

Misa was pacing around Akito's room. "How is it going? Is she leaving yet?" Akito asked Misa.

"No, Akito-san but I am not really concerned about her. She doesn't seem to be much of an opponent." Misa answered.

"Do not underestimate that girl. That would be your worst mistake. I have seen her power and it is not weak. And the hold she has over them defies even me. Tell me what you plan on doing."

"Well, Yuki is planning a very important school dance, and I am sure next time I see him he will ask me to go with him. There is no way he could say no." Misa said.

"I see. Well that is fine for now, but you need to do something sooner then that. I want Honda Tohru to suffer. I want her gone, and gone for good. I will not settle for less. And if it doesn't happen, I will be very angry." With that he turned his back to her, a sure sign she was dismissed. "Please tell Hatori to come in."

She left the room and went to find Hatori. Momiji watched her walk away looking confused. "Why would Misa-san be seeing Akito?" he wondered to himself. He went to look for Haru. "Maybe between the two of us, we could find out what is going on here." He thought.

Hatori received his summons from Misa and walked into Akito's room. "Yes Akito?" he asked.

"I want to see Yuki and I want to see him now. Go out and find him and bring him to me."

Hatori left the room and went to fetch Yuki. He didn't know what Akito wanted with him but he was sure it was probably trouble. He just hoped it wouldn't be trouble for Tohru also. It had not gone unnoticed by him the meetings between Akito and Misa. He found Yuki walking down the road looking very happy and it broke his heart to have to pick him up. But he knew, in the end, it would only be worse for Yuki if he didn't. They rode in silence to the house. Yuki had a fearful look on his face, and Hatori couldn't blame him. He brought Yuki to Akito's room and left.

"Yes Akito?" Yuki asked fearfully.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing. Is there anything new going on?" he asked innocently. Yuki filled him in on the dance. Akito smiled. "A dance, that's great. You can bring Misa, I am sure she would like to go."

"I am afraid I can't." said Yuki. "I have already asked Honda-san to go with me. But someone else can take her I am sure."

Akito laughed. "You can't? YOU CAN'T??" he slapped the boy in the face and knocked him over. "You will take Misa, not Haru, not Momiji, but Yuki. Do you understand?"

Yuki stood up. "I am not. I am taking Honda-san. I am tired Akito. I am tired of being afraid; I am tired of being alone. I don't have to anymore. I don't have to live in such a way that I am alone, and scared. So no, I am not taking Misa. I am taking Honda-san."

"This is her power," he thought to himself, "That may be but this is my power." Then he faced Yuki, all amusement gone off of his face. "Yuki, this is the last time I explain this to you. You will take Misa, if you don't something may happen to Tohru-kun. You know I can do this. And I don't mean something small. Something will happen to Tohru that I can promise you. So if you are so selfish to put her in harms way instead of just taking someone else to the dance, well then what kind of person are you? Do we understand each other?"

Yuki looked up at him with hatred. He knew he had no choice. In the end, he always had no choice. "Yes Akito we do. I will ask Misa-san to join me."

"Good, now leave." Yuki walked out of the room and was lost in his own thought. He almost bumped into Haru.


"Oy Yuki-kun. What are you doing here?" Haru asked him. Yuki was never one to open up in front of people but he didn't know what else to do. He couldn't talk to Shigure or anyone else for that matter, for fear it would reach Akito. But Haru, well he knew he could trust him. So Yuki walked back to Haru's room explaining on the way. Haru looked at his friend sadly. "Yuki-kun I do not think Akito is bluffing." Haru told his friend.

"How am I going to tell her Haru? I can't tell her Akito ordered me to. Then she would probably come here trying to talk to him, or she would view me as weak, and I could not stand that either." Yuki knew no matter what he told her, she would feel hurt and betrayed. Things were finally going well and now he was about to lose her.

"Tell her something like she has been gone for a while and…" Haru was confused. He himself didn't know what to do.

"Tohru-kun will be hurt." Came a new voice. It was Momiji, and he came in and sadly sat down. "You really have no choice Yuki-kun. Go easy on her though, I know you are hurt, but you know and understand that you are doing this out of love for her. She will know nothing about it, so she will just be confused and hurt."

"How am I just supposed to hurt her purposely?" Yuki asked, mainly to himself.

"Just keep it simple with no long story. Tell her something like you forgot about the prior obligation to Misa, and you have to take her because of it. Also though, make sure you tell her you wanted to take her, and that you didn't mean to break your date. Offer to take her somewhere else." Haru offered. Momiji nodded his approval. Yuki stood up, thanked his friends, and started home to tell Tohru. He hated to do this, but knew in order to protect her he had to.

Tohru was happily chatting with Arisa and Hanajima about the dance.

"See, we told you!" said Arisa happily.

"We thought of a perfect place to get a dress for you." Hanajima said.

Tohru perked up. "Where?" she asked.

"Didn't you tell us Souma-kun had an older brother who made clothing for special occasions?" asked Arisa.

"Uo-chan, you don't mean Ayame's do you? That's a great idea! Ayame-san and Mine-san are perfect for helping me pick the right dress!" Tohru agreed.

"We will go there tomorrow and see what we can find there." Hanajima said. Just then Yuki walked in and he looked visibly upset. Tohru's friends stood up to leave. Tohru walked them out, none of them bringing up Yuki's forlorn look. They made plans to meet tomorrow, and they were off.

When Tohru walked in Yuki was just standing there. He wouldn't look at her and before she could ask, Yuki gave her the speech Haru suggested. After he was done, he glanced up to see Tohru smiling.

"It's ok Yuki-kun. I understand that you had a prior obligation. I am happy that Yuki-kun thought of me, even for a minute. " She said. Inside she was dying, but she could tell by the look on his face that something had happened. She didn't think he was the type that would just forget and she knew there was something he wasn't telling her. She was still hurt though, and that pain was cutting her like a knife.

"Honda-san, I think of you more then just for a minute! I am so very sorry, but I promise we will do something else…" Just then Shigure walked in. He felt something was amiss, but wasn't sure what it was.

"Welcome back Shigure-san!" said Tohru. "I have some things to do, and I have to go to the grocery store." Tohru was trying to excuse herself. She just wanted to be alone. She was starting to get a little tired of always being the one who understood everything. She was starting to feel like a doormat. Love, being the powerful emotion that it was, always came with a price. Jealousy, anger over simple things, which was part of the price. Good can never come without bad.

"Can I come with you to help?" Yuki asked softly.

"No, I can handle it fine, but thank you for offering." With that she walked out leaving a hurt Yuki and a very confused Shigure.

"What happened Yuki? Why do you and Tohru both seem upset? Lover's quarrel?" he said half jokingly.

"Shut up Shigure. Why can't anyone in this family stay out of my damn life!" and he stormed off to his room.

Shigure stared at the spot Yuki was standing before. Hatori had told him about the Misa visits to Akito, and also about Akito wanting to see Yuki today. He figured this had something to do with Akito, but what could he be up to now? "Will Akito win again in the end?" thought Shigure. He knew it would be a difficult road for the two of them if they ever did get together. "Before it can get difficult they have to at least reach a road." Shigure said with a sigh.

Well that's it for this chapter! I know I ended it kinda badly, but there has to be conflict somewhere! We knew Akito was involved and that is never good!! Please let me know what you think! I would have never gotten this far so fast if it was not for the reviews!!!

Ja-ne!