Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Place to Belong ❯ Kyou's Decision ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi again everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far; I am having a lot of fun writing it! Thanks to Tyouhkriu, Runic Knight, and C.B. for reviews. They really do help, so feel free to keep them coming! I do not own Fruits Basket. I don't even know Japanese (yet…I am working on it tho!)

After her meeting with Misa, Tohru felt very down. After her mother had died she felt so empty and alone. That void was filled by her friends and also to the members of the Souma clan. Now, realizing her love for Yuki, and feeling the joy of love, and feeling the loss of it all at the same time was almost too much to bear. She went to her mother's grave and sat down.

"Mother, what am I going to do?" she asked out loud. "I don't want to embarrass Yuki-kun, so I don't want to tell him how I feel. And now that Misa-san has come back, he can resume their relationship. I can not interfere in what will make him happy. His happiness is my happiness, but this is so very hard." She started to cry and she heard a soft voice behind her.

"Oh Tohru-kun. You finally realized how you felt about the Prince." Tohru turned around with a start.

"Hana-chan! Uo-chan! I..I didn't hear you there! Please forget what I said I was…"

"You were speaking from your heart," began Uo-chan, "But who is Misa?" Tohru filled her friends in on the last couple of days. Hanajima began unpacking the picnic her and Arisa had brought. After Tohru finished her story Arisa looked angry. "Who does this person think she is coming in here after 3 years and threatening you! I will find her now and show her…"

"Please Uo-chan, she also was speaking form her heart. I do not blame her for that." Tohru explained.

"Tohru-kun, you are too sweet. Are you really going to sacrafice yours, and even the Prince's happiness out of a sense of obligation to someone you have never even met?" Hanajima asked.

"I would never due anything to sacrafice Yuki-kun's happiness! Yuki-kun does not feel the same way about me that I do for him. I am just a plain…" Tohru started to say.

"Honda Tohru!" Arisa interrupted, "If you start to belittle yourself I will become angry with you! Do you really not know how many people love you? How many people would sacrafice themselves if it meant saving you? Do you not see how he looks at you? Countless girls have tried to get close to Souma-kun, do you know how many he has even smiled at? One, and that is you. I may not know the hearts of boys, but it does not take x-ray vision to see what is in his heart. You can choose to ignore this, feel that I am saying to much, that I am seeing wrong, but do not ever call yourself plain."

"Arisa speaks the truth Tohru-kun. At the start of the year, I got very strange vibes from Souma-kun. But after being with you, all I receive are gentle waves. You can not be timid now. Tohru-kun has a rival, and you need to start acting like you have a rival. Either that or without a doubt you will lose. You must fight for him. Is that what you want?"

"No, no it is not. I want to be happy with Yuki-kun. Talk with him, prepare meals for him. I want to continue all of this. But I do not know what I should do." Tohru answered honestly.

"We can help you! Yuki-kun will be proposing to you in no time!" Arisa said confidently. Both girls looked at each other doubtfully. Neither one of them had experienced a romance, or a rival. Hanajima had an idea and motioned to Arisa to go so she could speak with her privately.

"Tohru-kun, we must go. You go home, and you try to figure out what your feelings are and what you want to do. Not what we want you to do, but you. We will talk tomorrow." With that they packed up and left.

Tohru got up a little confused, and head back home. When she got there Kyou was still being chased by Kagura, and Yuki was home from his meeting. "Yuki-kun! How was your meeting? Did you plan it out?"

Yuki stood up and smiled at her. "Yes, it went very well. The dance will be in a week, and it is a masquerade theme."

"Oh, that sounds exciting! Yuki-kun will do a great job in planning this! I am very happy!" Tohru beamed at him.

"I was about to go to the garden, would you like to come with me?" Yuki asked hopefully.

"Yes, I would love to!" she put down her bag and they went off.

"How was your day with Misa-san? I hope it went well." He asked her.

She looked at him and knew she could not tell him what Misa said. "Yes, it went very well. Misa-san is a great person."

"Yes she is. I was close with her before, she was one of the first people to take the time to actually get to know me. She was the one who helped me realize my dream of being free form the Souma house. She had to go away before Akito did something to her." Tohru felt her heart drop. He really did love Misa. "It is because of her that I was able to get the strength to move here and go a co-ed school. Which brought me to you. So I should thank her for giving me the strength to find the person that makes me happy." Tohru looked up at him and they stood that way for awhile. She felt her heart lift, up so high. She looked at his face and smiled her smile, but not the usual one, but one that brightened her face as only one in love could do.

Kyou and Kagura watched the two. "I always lose to the rat." Kyou said sadly, forgetting Kagura was there. "Damn him!" he muttered under his breath.

"Kyo-kun." Kagura said softly.

"Don't start. I don't need to hear it right now, nor do I need you trying to beat me up either. Why don't you even leave me alone?? How can someone like you understand what I feel like right now?" Kyou yelled at her.

She looked up at him sadly with a tear rolling down her face. "I don't know huh?" she began softly. "I don't know what it is like to see the one I love most in the world fall in love with someone else in front of my eyes? I know more then you think I do. But since I loved that person so much I was willing to step aside to give him the freedom to pursue his heart. I watched, coming back again and again for more abuse, only to watch him smile softly at another. I still accepted this, since this is what my love so happy. When you love someone purely their happiness becomes yours. You really are a baka-neko." She got up and walked away leaving Kyo sitting there, her neko backpack still on the ground. He felt like a jerk, how could he be so thoughtless? He suddenly saw Kagura in a new light. He looked back at Tohru and Yuki engaged in conversation. Tohru looked so happy, and then in that moment he had clarity. Tohru had given him so much, accepted even the worst parts of him. It was time for him to pay her back and give her what she wanted.

"Thank you Tohru. You will always be special, but I think Kagura was right." He said. He had a certain someone to find, and a certain date to plan. Kagura was about to find out what it was like to be chased.

That's it for this chapter!! Please again let me know what you think!!!!

Ja ne!