Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Place to Belong ❯ Girls Day Out ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi everyone! I would like to say thank you for getting this far with me! I also thank you C.B. for the review! When I get a review it makes me want to write the next chapter so much faster! Oh and of course I do not own any of the characters…but I am thinking you knew that ;)

Tohru woke up the next morning with the sun shining brightly into her room. "Ah, today will be a perfect day!" She quickly washed up and changed, and went downstairs to prepare breakfast. She heard Momiji's voice from the kitchen and smiled. He always had so much energy. "Ohayo!" she said cheerfully and noticed the full breakfast spread already lay out. Then she noticed Misa sitting at the table.

"Ohayo Honda-san." Misa said smiling at her. "Please sit down and join us."

"Misa brought breakfast for us today." Shigure explained. He could not read anything but cheerfulness in Tohru, as he expected. He had figured, and hoped, that Tohru would show some other emotion in this. It had always been his firm belief that she loved him, even if she wasn't ready to admit that herself. And as for Yuki, anyone with eyes could see how he felt for her. Even Misa had questioned him this morning, but he told her nothing. "I wonder if I can use this in a book." He thought to himself.

"Thank you very much for breakfast Souma-san." Tohru said. Just then Yuki walked in. Tohru blushed slightly when she heard him greet everyone.

"Yuki-kun, I thought we could go out today. I would like to see more of the town, there was so much we missed yesterday." Misa said to Yuki. Yuki glanced at Tohru, still wondering about the night before he replied.

"I am sorry Misa-san but I have to help plan the Fall dance at school. It is coming up shortly and there is still a lot to get done." Yuki wanted to be able to spend some time with Tohru after also.

"That is definitely important. I would not want to keep you from such things. How about you Tohru, can you show me the town today?" Tohru glanced up, surprised by the offer.

"Hai! I would enjoy that!" Tohru answered. She was a little nervous about spending time with Misa, but she could not turn down the offer.

"Honda-san, do you think I can have a minute or two before you two head out so I can ask you for some help with the dance preparations? I am not really prepared and having some ideas to bring would be helpful." Yuki asked Tohru.

Momiji noticed Misa was about to speak up and he didn't want anything to prevent Yuki and Tohru talking alone so he spoke up. "Misa-san! I want to show you the garden. I also want to hear some stories about American schools! Do they have cute uniforms there too?" He kept bombarding her with questions, and she could not refuse him so the pair went out to go see the garden, Momiji's voice heard after the pair was out the door.

"Good job, little rabbit." Shigure thought. Tohru and Yuki finished their breakfast and he got a notepad. They walked into an empty room. Tohru watched Yuki start to write and she felt the surge of emotion that can only happen when someone realizes they are in love.

"Thank you for taking Misa out today. I know how busy you are. It is very kind. But then Honda-san is always kind." Yuki smiled at her.

"Yuki-kun thinks too highly of me. I am happy to get to know someone who is so important to you. If they are important to Yuki-kun, then they are important to me also." Tohru blushed at him.

"Honda-san is also very important. You do know that right?" he asked her, getting a little closer to her. He mesmerized her. His violet eyes, and he was moving closer! She could hardly breathe, her face getting flushed.

"H..Hai, if Yuki-kun says so then it is true. You are also very important to me." She blushed more now, her face getting even redder. He really was a prince. He slowly traced her hair. They heard feet coming down the stairs and Yuki backed up. He went back to writing. Kyou walked in the room rubbing his eyes.

"Ohayo Kyo-kun." Tohru said almost breathlessly. "What had just happened?" Tohru thought to herself. She was so very confused.

"Are you sure you aren't getting sick? You looked flushed." Kyou pointed out.

"Hai! I am fine, please don't worry!" Tohru answered. Shigure walked away unnoticed, aware of all that happened, and feeling very pleased. Tohru may normally hide her emotions but just then, before Kyou walked in, she was more readable then any book he wrote.

Kyou walked to get breakfast and Momiji and Misa appeared. Yuki looked at Tohru and smiled softly. "I am going to be on my way now. Have a good time Misa- san and Honda-san." Yuki packed up and left.

"KYO-KUN!!" came a yell that shook the house. Kyou jerked his head up and a look of fear come over his face. He started looking for a place to hide.

"Tisk - tisk," Shigure said looking up from his paper, "Don't try and hide, she will break the house."

"Easy for you to say, you are not the one she is trying to kill!" Kyou yelled as Kagura burst in.

"Kyo-kun! I was hoping you were free today so…" Kagura began.

"I'm not." Kyou interrupted.

"Of course you are Kyou. Don't be so rude," offered Shigure. "You never turn down a beautiful girl."

Kyou got up and stormed angrily away with Kagura at his heels. Momiji looked at Shigure. "Did it work?" he curiously asked.

"Yes, I think it helped. Good job distracting." The dog and the rabbit went back to what they were doing.

Misa and Tohru stepped out to see the town. Both girls were quiet until Tohru politely asked about her time in America. Misa chattered on about it, and then turned to Tohru.

"What is your relationship with Yuki? I am sorry for being so bold, but I am going to be honest with you. Yuki is very dear to me, and I need to know if I consider you a rival." Though Misa knew no matter what Tohru answered she was indeed a rival.

"Yuki-kun and I are friends. The Souma clan have all been so very kind to me, and I am grateful for them." Tohru answered, her heart heavy. She thought back to that morning, but then decided that Yuki had meant nothing romantic. She did not feel she could compare to the beauty next to her.

"Good. I plan on marrying Yuki. I have now for a very long time. I have patiently waited to come home so that he and I could continue where we left off. I just didn't want any interference for anyone."

"I would never do anything like that to hurt Yuki-kun. It must have been very hard for you to be apart for so long." Tohru wanted to cry, but she held it in. If she could have nothing more then friendship, then that was fine. Yuki was too important to her for her to lose him in any way. If Misa was whom Yuki wanted then she would accept that. She never really thought Yuki shared her feelings.

Misa smiled at her. "Then let's go shopping! I haven't been to any of the stores since I came home!" She felt relieved. She wasn't sure what Akito was talking about when he spoke of the girl who had won Yuki's heart. Honda Tohru was a timid little girl, and she would have no problem securing Yuki for herself. Akito had given her his blessing provided she could get Tohru to go away; he had even said he would suggest it to Yuki himself. Not that she felt she needed Akito's help. "I wonder what this girl did to make him so angry." She thought to herself.

Well that's the end of this chapter! Please let me know what you think! I love reviews, and it inspires me to write more!!

Ja ne!