Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Story ❯ Memories on Long Road ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: I'm back again!!! With chapter 5. Sorry it took so long! Yes! I know my chapters are really short but to me they seem like they need to end in that exact place. Lets just say it's a writers intuition. Lol well thanks for the Reviews it really helps! Here's chapter 5.
 
 
Chapter V: Memories on Long Road
 
“You called for me Akito?” Hatori's voice said with a tiny shiver in it.
 
“Yes my dear Hatori. I have something for you to do. Involving Tohru Honda.” Akito said, evil flowing through his voice plainly.
 
Hatori looked up, his eyes were wide. “No, not that. What about Yuki and Kyo? What about the rest of us? What about Tohru's friends? They know she's living with Yuki and Kyo.”
 
Akito slapped Hatori across the face. “You Do Not defy me Hatori. You do not defy god! Erase Tohru Honda's memory. I will not have her breaking the curse. It'll also show Kyo and Yuki never to get close to a girl that does not belong with us.”
 
Hatori knew he could not disobey god. Just like everyone else he had to follow orders, or else. It was his fate. Just like what happened with Kanna. Another person he loved (ok I'm not sure how he loves her. But I'm pretty sure its in a daughterly way so don't worry) their memories would be erased by his hands. The hands of evil. The hands of god.
***
 
Katrina walked through the halls feeling numb. She knew something bad was going to happen. No one knew her secret. Not Yuki, not even her parents had known. She was Physic. (If any of you think that's weird oh well. Write your own if you think you can do better! Lol) When ever someone close to her was about to have something bad happen to them she knew it. She could see it happen in her mind. Like with the car accident. She had tried to make her parents not go. But they hadn't listened and dragged her with them. This time it was Tohru. Tohru was going to get her memory erased. Unless she could stop it. Katrina walked out of the school and towards home. Tohru, Kyo and Yuki walking beside and behind her. Knowing when they got home Tohru would meet her fate. Katrina was desperate. She had to stop them some way, somehow.
 
“Tohru stop! Don't go back to the Sohma house. Run! Before he sees you! Go!!!!” All three of them stopped looking at her likes she was crazy. “Thoru, Hatori's going to erase your memory. Akito ordered him to. Please go!” Kyo grabbed her arm and pulled her close to his body. Looking into her eyes sad like.
 
“Katrina, Akito approved of Tohru living here. He wouldn't do this now.” Katrina looked at Kyo with despair.
 
“Kyo you have to believe me! I-I know these things, please make her go! He's almost here!” She cried, tears starting to fall down her face. They all just stood there, staring at her.
 
A stick snapped behind her. She whipped around, her eyes wide. It was too late. He was already there. “Shigure, how could you go along with this? How?” Shigure lowered his head. Tears fell down his face.
 
“I'm sorry,” he whispered.
 
Katrina looked back at Tohru yelling, “this is your last chance! Run!” But Tohru just stood there, looking confused and scared. Shigure walked up to her and grabbed her. “No!” Katrina cried, trying to stop Shigure. But he just knocked her aside.
 
“ I can't disobey him. You of all people should know that Katrina.” Tohru just was dragged. She did nothing to try and stop it. As if she knew it was going to happen. Yuki and Kyo just stood there their fists clenched.
 
“Yuki, Kyo, just promise me one thing…… You guys will still be my friends?” Tohru said, her voice small, and her eyes filling with tears.
All Yuki and Kyo could do was nod.
 
Katrina got up and started to run after them. But Kyo grabbed her. “No, you can't stop it Katrina. You can't.” Katrina saw tears running down Kyo's face.
 
“I-I at least w-want to be there,” She stuttered, tears still running down her face. She broke away from Kyo and ran to the house. She ran inside and saw Hatori putting his hand over Tohru's eyes. Kyo and Yuki stood behind Katrina. Their arms around her.
 
“Kyo, I never told you….but I love you.” And with that Tohru Honda's Memory was erased. One last tear fell down her cheek as she fell to the ground.
 
Katrina fell to the floor sobbing. “Shigure……” Shigure looked at Katrina.
 
“Shigure we can`t do anything to help. Let's go. He`s expecting us to put her back where you first met her.” Hatori and Shigure picked up Tohru and carried her out of the house.
 
“Katrina….How did you….” Katrina looked up at Yuki, her eyes red and puffy from crying. Tears streaked her face.
 
“I-I knew. I knew my parents were going to die. I knew that Tohru was going to have her memory erased. I knew, yet I couldn't stop it from happening….I couldn't……” She broke down crying again.
 
Yuki kneeled down and held her. “Katrina, how come you never told me?”
 
“I couldn't I promised Shigure I would keep it a secret.”
 
“Why did Shigure know?”
 
“Because he's my god father.”
***
 
A/N: Ha Ha! A little twist isn't it. I can't just let the mystery end like that can I? Then no one would read it anymore. Lol. I know that you must hate me for kicking Tohru out of the story but its what had to be done. I hope you enjoyed it! R&R please!!!!!!!!
~Rukia~