Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ And As She Grows ❯ Year Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AND AS SHE GROWS
A Fruits Basket Series of Drabbles

Written by Miyu, Vampire Princess


AUTHOR'S NOTE: This series follows my story, "Her Tears." You don't need to read it to understand this, but I strongly encourage it. =o) Each chapter is a 200 word drabble dedicated to the life of Kyo's daughter as she grows up. Kyo/Tohru centric. Told from Kyo's point of view. Possible SPOILERS for those not familiar with the end of the manga.

DISCLAIMER: Fruits Basket is the property of Natsuki Takaya/HAKUSENSHA - TV TOKYO - NAS - Fruba Project and licensed by FUNimation Productions (anime) and Tokyopop (manga) for distribution in the US and Canada. All characters are used here without permission. No money is being made from this story, so please do not sue.


YEAR THREE


This morning, Tohru suggested I take Kyoko shopping for a sippy cup. She thought having a special cup would help ease the stress of giving up the bottle. Like a security blanket. Which Kyoko also has. We're working on that, too.

One thing at a time.

"Daddy, I need to potty."

Like potty training.

I'm not prepared to take my little girl into a men's restroom. And in a public mall of all places. But I can't let her go by herself.

"Daddy...."

With the help of three store employees, I find the nearest restroom. Thankfully, it's empty. Messy, but empty.

"Daddy, what's that smell?"

"Don' mind that." Heading directly into a stall, I lock the door. "Just concentrate on going."

"Ew. Okay."

I can here Tohru's laughter as I struggle with her underwear and hold her on the edge of the toilet. It's awkward, embarrassing, and as messy as a diaper.

How hard it is to aim for the toilet when you sit on it?

"I done."

"All right."

After we clean up, we head back into the store. That wasn't so bad. And as she takes my hand, she whispers, "Thank you, daddy."

Nope, not bad at all.