Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ And As She Grows ❯ Year Fourteen ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AND AS SHE GROWS
A Fruits Basket Series of Drabbles

Written by Miyu, Vampire Princess


AUTHOR'S NOTE: This series follows my story, "Her Tears." You don't need to read it to understand this, but I strongly encourage it. =o) Each chapter is a 200 word drabble dedicated to the life of Kyo's daughter as she grows up. Kyo/Tohru centric. Told from Kyo's point of view. Possible SPOILERS for those not familiar with the end of the manga.

DISCLAIMER: Fruits Basket is the property of Natsuki Takaya/HAKUSENSHA - TV TOKYO - NAS - Fruba Project and licensed by FUNimation Productions (anime) and Tokyopop (manga) for distribution in the US and Canada. Characters are used here without permission. No money is being made from this story, so please do not sue.


YEAR FOURTEEN


"Are you sure this is enough?"

"Yes, dear. We'll need another pot, though. Hold on."

I do have better things to do than spy on my wife and daughter. But I also know they're hard at work on something in the kitchen. I can hear the pots and pans clanging as I lean into the doorway. My students are waiting for me in the dojo, yet it's the scent of something sweet that draws my attention.

"This seems like a lot of work, mom."

"But it's not. Trust me."

My curiosity is starting to get the better of me. But from the doorway I can't see them, only hear their movements, their discussion.

"Did you ever do this for dad?"

A giggle. "Yes, I did. A long time ago."

Something Tohru used to do for me? Well, she did always cook.

"Did he like it?"

"Oh, he always hated Valentine's Day."

Kyoko laughs. "I meant the chocolate, mom."

"Oh...oh yes. He always liked the chocolate."

Chocolate?

"Think that's too warm?"

"Nope. Just a minute longer."

They're making chocolate....

"Which mold would you like?"

"The rabbits.... And the little hearts."

Little hearts, eh?

Why don't I like the sound of that?


--

Continued...