Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ And As She Grows ❯ Year Twenty ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AND AS SHE GROWS
A Fruits Basket Series of Drabbles

Written by Miyu, Vampire Princess


AUTHOR'S NOTE: This series follows my story, "Her Tears." You don't need to read it to understand this, but I strongly encourage it. =o) Each chapter is a 200 word drabble dedicated to the life of Kyo's daughter as she grows up. Kyo/Tohru centric. Told from Kyo's point of view. Possible SPOILERS for those not familiar with the end of the manga.

DISCLAIMER: Fruits Basket is the property of Natsuki Takaya/HAKUSENSHA - TV TOKYO - NAS - Fruba Project and licensed by FUNimation Productions (anime) and Tokyopop (manga) for distribution in the US and Canada. Characters are used here without permission. No money is being made from this story, so please do not sue.


YEAR TWENTY


One of the worst things a child could do is catch their parents having sex.

“Hey, Kyoko, dinner’s--!”

“Shit....”

One of the worst things a parent could do is catch their child having sex.

"Dad!"

As I'm sure Kyoko will now agree.

"It-t-s n-n-not what it l-looks like!"

My first reaction is anger. How dare a young man even THINK about touching my daughter? And a wimpy little art major at that! All I want is to grab him by the throat and throttle him to death. Not what it looks like my ass!

"Dad...let me...umm...explain."

But then I hear a tiny voice of reason. She's twenty years old. She's old enough to make her own choices.

Meh. I don't like it. But then, I don't have to like it.

"Sohma-san...I...."

I just have to deal with it.

My tight grip on the door knob loosens slowly as I close the door. I say nothing, curbing what's left of my anger. The door clicks into place and there's only silence on the other side.

"Dinner's ready." It's what I came to tell them anyway.

"Just...give us a minute, please."

Hanging my head, I sigh.

Next time, I'll knock first.

--

continued....