Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Away ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Four

-

“Kyo?” she whispered. Tohru dropped to her knees, whisking the cat into her arms, holding him tightly. “Say something..anything..”

Kyo finally found his tongue. “How...dare you..” he hissed. He wormed out of her arms and made it half way across the kitchen floor before passing out again.

She picked him up. That was not the reunion she was hoping for. She sat staring at Kyo and then at the letter Akito had sent her. She sighed and put Kyo back in the basket. She sat on the kitchen stool and waiting for him to wake up so that they could talk.

When Kyo opened his eyes, he saw Tohru sitting staring off into space. “Tohru?” he asked.

Her gazed snapped to his and she stumbled over to where he was, “Kyo-kun!” She breathed a sigh of relief. “You’re awake. I was so worried.” Her eyes grew worried again, “you shouldn’t have run away. Akito-kun’s very mad.”

“I didn’t have to stay you know. I could have gone whe...Akito-kun?” he stared. “Did you just call that monster Akito-kun? And why did you leave in the first place?!” He got up in her face, spitting mad, “you owe me answers Honda-san.”

“Hon...of course Sohma-san.” She looked away. “I made a deal with Akito-kun. He promised me you wouldn’t be caged if I left with my memories intact. So I left. I learned many new things while I was gone. I kept in touch with Akito as per the bargain...and we slowly became friends. I’m not sure how really...I suppose when one is your only connection to the people you love, I guess you might become from friends.” She dashed away some tears, “I didn’t want to leave. But I didn’t want you caged.” She looked at him. “Don’t hate me for that.”

Kyo suddenly turned human for the first time in two days. He stretched, forgetting his clothes were in some alley. Tohru kept her eyes on his, and he asked, “you got anything I could borrow?”

“I think that Keitano may have left some things here last time we all had drinks....” she wandered off muttering. She came back a moment later with black jeans and a black shirt. “I hope they fit.”

Muttering his thanks, Kyo changed into the clothes. “Whose Keitano?”

She smiled, “he’s my chef. Well one of them.” She turned at smiled fully at him. The same goofy little smile from five years ago. Angrily Kyo punched out at her. Awareness flooded in a moment later and he realized with horror that he had just punched her. He opened his eyes and found his fist caught by one of hers. “Really Kyo, you should have learned self-control by now.”

Kyo stared. “You learned...that’s why Shishou knew where you were!” he stared, “you kept in contact.”

“Shh..” she whispered, “no one else knows.”

Kyo leaned in, “I still hate you.”

Her eyes filled, “you do?” She bowed frantically, “I’m so sorry Kyo-san! Please! I’m sorry...”

He chuckled slightly, “I’m glad you haven’t changed that much.” He sighed, “I didn’t come after you because I hated you, I came here because I missed you. And I needed to get out.”

-

He left Yuki crying in a pool of blood. “Kureno,” hissed Akito, shrugging on his robe, “get him out of here, I can’t look at him. He sickens me.”

Kureno lifted Yuki easily and took him to Hatori’s. Kazuma sighed, sitting in Hatori’s office as well. “Take him here,” he handed Kureno an address. “She’ll help. And the man with her is trained like Hatori.”

Yuki looked up, “who..is..it?”

“Kyo...and Honda-kun.”

“Tohru...” breathed Yuki and passed out in Kureno’s arms.

“What about Arisa and her friend Saki? Should we inform them?” asked Kureno.

Kazuma shook his head, “don’t come back Kureno. The less Akito knows, the better.”

Kureno nodded, “tell Arisa I love her.”

Hatori nodded, “we will. Good luck.”

The rooster and the mouse disappeared into the night.

-

Torhu-kun

My juunishi are deserting me. Yuki and Kureno left last night. Yuki fell ill and I ordered him to Hatori, but Haa-san says they never arrived. He’s the only one I can depend on. Him and you. You never betrayed me Tohru-kun. Not once. If my juunishi desert me...will you return?

Akito

Tohru looked up at Kureno and Yuki. “I think everyone has a lot of explaining to do.”

-

TBC