Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Believe the unbelievable ❯ Overslept ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Believe the unbelievable
 
Everything started to go out of hand when the normal routines were broken. Repressed feelings surfaced out and things are bound to change. Sometimes the world works in a mysterious way. Impossible can be possible when you believe the unbelievable. =) gureru, shigure x tohru
 
Hi to everyone! Hmm…I've made a bold try in writing this fan fic. I've never attempt to write any of it but the total lack of fic in this pairing urged me to write something on it. I would like to apologize for my lousy grammar especially my past and present tenses. (I've always got it messed up! @. @ ”) English is not my mother tongue. I guess there will be a lot of errors in it. Please bear through it because I knew I suck in it. I really do hope all of you will enjoy this story. I will really really really appreciate REVIEWS! Thanks ya!
 
 
Chapter one: Overslept
 
The first ray of golden thread slipped through the grayish cloak, contrasting life to the stillness in it. Everything in the surroundings starts to stir around when the darkness tears away. Chirping birds leaving their warm cozy nest in search for their early meals, carrying along a beautifully composed melody. Working adults and students gradually filling in the empty deserted streets. The engines of vehicles roaming down the streets breaking the peaceful silence of this early morning.
 
Yet, despite the gradual awakening of the surroundings, tranquility and silence silhouettes a single traditional wooden house located in the middle of a sea of tall tough trees.
 
“ Awwwwwwwwww! Omigawd!” A sudden loud cry coming out from a certain room in the second floor of the house broke through the prolonged silence.
 
A timid but young charming figure stumbled down the wooden stairs causing the shrieking sound of woods and landed flat on the wooden floor.
 
While the slender figure lifted up her head slightly towards the dining table, she found three men or correctly should be said as two boys and a man all carrying a stoned expression fixing their glance towards a certain direction.
 
Confused, she followed their glance and with a loud yelp she sprinted up with amazing speed covering her previously exposed undergarment.
 
Grasping at the hem of her nightgown, she sat on the floor with her mouth parted slightly obviously trying hard to force something out of her mouth. But she found it to be a difficult task to gather her shattered thoughts into a full piece. She felt as if an electric saw is working its way in her head.
 
A faint tinted blush found its way up to the cheeks of the two boys. Almost at the same time with the same pace they turned their heads away nearly causing two heads crashing together.
 
A faint grumbling of baka neko and teme nezumi filled the air in the room.
 
The older man in the room forced out a fake cough and lowered his gaze. Not a trace of blush could be seen from his shielded face. Only a slight tremble at the edge of his thin sexy lips hinted how hard he was trying to swallow his laughter.
 
Suddenly reality seems to strike the confused and lost girl.
 
“OMIGAWD! I OVERSLEPT! HOW CAN I BE! I DIDN'T PREPARE BREAKFAST! OMIGAWD! GOMEN NASAI! MY FAULT! MY STUPID BRAIN! GOMEN NASAI. I HAVE FAILED YOUR TRUST SHIGURE SAN! GOMENASAI! KYO KUN, YUKI KUN! GOMENASAIIIIIIIIII!”
 
“Hush, hush Tohru kun.” Shigure inwardly sighed heavily. A slight frown surfaced out from his characteristic brows.
 
Here she goes again. Drowning her self with unnecessary responsibilities and burden her self with all kinds of matters. I hate hearing her apologizing when there is totally no need of it. Ah! I hated it also when she lose the bright smile from her face.
 
He placed the newspaper down on the table, stood up while fixing on his slightly parted gray yukata. He glided towards the other side of the room placing his warm hands on Tohru's trembling shoulder.
 
“Tohruuu kunnn!” Shigure called out her name with a singsong melody. Tohru lifted up her head. Her face cringed together obviously inertly lecturing her self about her own fault.
 
“Now…now Tohru kun must not feel bad about waking up late because I was the one who turned off your alarm clock. So in the end it's my entire fault. Gomen ne Tohru kun. But Tohru kun must not apologize because she has not done anything wrong. Tohru kun must not feel bad.”
 
“But…but. Why? Shigure san. Why did you turn off my alarm clock for?” A totally confused Tohru sat on the floor looking up at Shigure with her big innocent eyes.
 
Damn her for looking at me like this. Damn me as well. I should get over long ago with this…this looking of hers. I hated it and liked it as well when she looks at me like this. As if she trusted me fully with all her heart and no matter what I told her she will believe me. So long it had been for someone willingly to trust me full heartedly for a perverted ignorant faker like me.
 
“Shigure san?”
 
Snapped out from reality, Shigure look up meeting Tohru's confuse gaze only realized he had lost in his thought AGAIN.
 
“We woke up by a loud crashed sound. We presume it to be some noises created by some machines from the nearby factories. Yet we found that you did not appear from your room so we decided to check on you. We noticed that you are sleeping a little restlessly and realized you are suffering from a slight fever. So Shigure san decided to turn of your alarm clock hoping you to gain more rest.”
 
In the end Yuki decided to take charge in answering Tohru while the older man was lost somewhere miles away.
 
“By the way stupid girl, how are ya feeling now?” Kyo gathered by Tohru's side sending out his distorted way of caring.
 
“Yea Tohru kun are you feeling okay? Do you need me to call up Hatori?”
 
“Umph…My delicate pretty flower, if you feel uncomfortable, you must speak it out. We are worried of you, you know?”
 
Tohru look up on the three faces carrying a worry look on them. She tried to open her mouth and tell then not to worry. But before she manages to bring it into words, she felt stars spinning in her head.
 
“Oh My God!”
 
“Sh…she…she fainted!”
 
“Wha…What should we do?”
 
“Now…Stay calm and pull your brains together. Kyo go and call up Hatori. Yuki go and fetch a towel with warm water. Now go!”
 
Within a second, Yuki and Kyo disappeared from the dinning room.
 
Shigure kneeled down peering at the unconscious young girl. He brushed his hand across her pale cheek.
 
What should I do with you?
 
With a swift, Shigure lifted Tohru up and carried her to her room leaving his unanswered question evaporated in the thin air.