Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Believe the unbelievable ❯ Chapter two: What you had meant to me ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter two: You will never know what you had meant to me
 
Tohru started to stir around. She felt a little out of place. Later only she realized she is sleeping on her bed with a tower on her forehead. She heard some distant voices coming from a certain direction. She tried to strain her ears upon listening to the conversation yet finding it to be mission impossible.
A crack from the door indicating someone is coming in the room. Tohru tried to stretch open her heavy eyelids but a sudden pain shot through her head causing her to place her hand on her head unconsciously.
The side of her bed slumped down caused by the heavy weight of a man.
 
Tohru felt a warm and secure hand placed itself on her hand that she pressed on her head.
Suddenly, the pain running through her veins seems to fade away abruptly. She felt so safe here like the presence of her mother.
 
She snapped open her eyes finding it to meet with the worry gaze of Shigure.
 
Shigure san. Thanks for everything.
 
Tohru managed to placed a warm smile on her lips while gazing at Shigure. Her smile deepened and her eyes glittered when she got one in return.
 
I really appreciated all that you had done for me. I know what the others think of you. They say you are nothing more but a perverted hentai man who likes high school girls. Yuki once told me to beware of you because he said you are a selfish man who likes to manipulate others and the only thing you care about is yourself.
 
I know you like to tease me occasionally but I know deep down you really do care for me.
You are not used in showing it in front of others. But I know every time when we are alone, you will show your care towards me. I don't know why you acted like this but at least I know you actually care and it warms my heart.
 
Shigure san, I see something out of you while others can't. They have the right to comment on you but it's just because they were never there to see what you had provided me and done for me.
 
Shigure san, you had been a special person to me. It's different from the way I see Yuki or Kyo. I appreciated them a lot too but you are different.
 
“Tohru kun? Why are you looking at me like this? Omigawd are you feeling very uncomfortable? I will go call Hatori in. He is still downstairs.”
 
Tohru immediately grabbed Shigure's arm stopping him from leaving the bed.
 
Shigure turned his head looking questioningly towards Tohru.
 
“Shigure san, I'm fine. Really. Just now I was lost in my own thoughts. No worries.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
Shigure sat back to the bed and finally noticing Tohru is still grabing his arm. He looked up to her and realized she was looking at him with this distant stare.
 
He sighed inwardly again. He realized it had become a habit for sighing whenever he is around with Tohru.
 
Tohru catched his change in expression and realized her hand is still clutching on his arm. She released it thinking she had caused discomfort to Shigure.
 
“Gomen nasai Shigure san! I…I… Didn't mean…to...Hmm…I…”
 
“Hush…Tohru kun you know you must really start to drop this bad habit of apologizing.”
 
Shigure lifted his hand, slipping a strand of hair back behind Tohru's ears.
 
Tohru found heat creeping up her pale cheeks.
 
“You had not done anything wrong. Now listen to me, Tohru kun is the most caring and beautiful girl I had ever knew. So she must not burden her self with all kinds of unnecessary things. Do you understand?”
 
Tohru felt this warm feeling rushing through her heart. She can't identify what it is but she felt tears are forming in her eyes.
 
“Thanks Shigure san. You will never know what you had meant to me.”
 
Shigure looked at her intensely while giving her a warm smile.
 
This is the smile that others don't see from you, Shigure san. Thanks for everything.
 
“Argh you! Perverted old man! What are you trying to do placing your hand on Tohru's head?”
 
Both Shigure and Tohru turned their heads.
 
Kyo stands at the doorway with a shaking hand pointing towards Shigure. Yuki stood behind Kyo sending Shigure a cold stare that was enough to give Shigure frostbite. Hatori sighed inwardly with the scene upon him but didn't say a thing.
 
“Why Kyo? Are you jealous that I get to tend my delicate flower while you don't?”
“WHAT? YOU! PERVERTED BAKA INU! I WILL KILL YOU!”
 
With all his hair standing up, Kyo leaped up ready to lurch on Shigure.
 
“Kyo kun, please be understanding. Shigure san is being kind to take care of me.”
 
Kyo stopped mid step and look at Tohru.
 
Tohru is giving him that kind of pleading eyes, which send Goosebumps to him.
 
Damn. I can never resist it when she is looking at me in this way.
 
“Baka neko. You are blocking my way.”
 
Yuki pushed Kyo away and headed towards Tohru's bed.
 
“How are you Tohru?”
 
“You teme! Aho nezumi! How dare you to call me baka neko!”
 
“Shut up your stupid neko mouth. Your irritating toad voice is disturbing Tohru kun.”
 
Kyo felt the rage in his mind. Toad voice? How dare him? But he swallowed all his out burst when the thought of disturbing Tohru crossed his mind.
 
Yuki smirked when he saw the baka neko finally keep his mouth shut.
 
Shigure stood at the far end of the room watching the noisy scene presented in front of him. He turned and headed towards the door. Shigure finds him self needing some fresh air. The scene in front of him hurts him of a reason he kept deep in his heart.
 
Tohru kun, You will never know what you had meant to me too.
 
Shigure walked out the room swiftly without noticing Tohru's gaze burning on his lonesome figure.