Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny Unmasked ❯ Secrets Never Lie ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

New chapter alert! This chapter will explain the whole basic idea of Destiny Unmasked `sobb' the series is getting nearer to the word finished. I hope you'll like this chapter!
Thank you readers for your lovely reviews! Read on……..
 
 
Chapter 8 Secrets Never Lie
 
They could hear the cold wind whistling its way into the house, the rain that only started pouring just as Kazuma spoke and they noticed the slight darkening in the room as clouds began to clash together forming a grey foggy mist.
 
“I might as well say the most important part first. Kyo, would you like to tell Karina what's going on and how you are related in the family tree.”
 
Kyo looked at Karina with a hopeful expression. “You're my sister.” He said quietly.
 
Karina sat still without a single movement, the words repeated in her head.
 
“Why? How?” She stammered starting to shake again.
 
“When Kyo was little, his mother committed suicide for a strange reason which left Kyo's father in despair, of course he abandoned him and blamed Kyo for his mother's death which was ridiculous, so I adopted Kyo and raised him as my own son. But before that even happened, around the time when Kyo was 3 months old, his father had an affair. One day he went on a business trip and left his wife and his girlfriend behind for a few months. When he came back, his girlfriend Nara got pregnant and she was due for delivery very soon. Kyo's father rejected the baby but Nara still went against it. She had a baby girl a while later. That baby was you.” Kazuma explained with a tone of grief.
 
Karina started to have vivid images in her head.
 
“Kyo's father soon found out that Nara had the baby and she had named it Karina Sohma after the dad hoping that he would still take the baby, but he didn't want it and he realised that what he had done was a big mistake, if Kyo's mother found out that he betrayed her, things would go bad for his wife and his son (back then he didn't know his son would transform into a monster as Kyo was a baby.) He left Nara to fend for herself and Nara went through a big depression disorder resulting on her becoming a drug addict and giving up Karina and leaving her outside someone's house praying that they would accept the baby. And they did, and that person was your adoptive mother would huhumm…. passed away recently. Nobody knows what happened to Nara and if she is still alive.” Kazuma continued.
 
“How did you find this out?” Karina asked making no eye contact.
 
“Well, the only person that ever knew that this happened was me, when I met you I recognised your name, it felt familiar and I phoned your dad Kyo and umm your dad too Karina.”
 
Kyo and Karina was silent, mute, and they felt as if their lips were glued together so they couldn't speak nor open their mouths.
 
“I'm sorry, this is supposed to be your first martial arts lesson and I guess I've turned it into a history class: the past about Karina but since now you know that you two are half siblings. I suggest you should be happy. You carry the same bloodline and share a bond. Karina, Kyo you are family.” Kazuma said trying to cheer them up a bit.
 
“It's also your choice if you want to tell anyone or not but as for me, I'll keep this quiet.” He added exiting the room.
 
“Thank you for telling me… I never thought I would get to know what happened to my real parents but now that I know, I don't like the sound of them.” Karina said to Kyo.
 
“Yea……So sister, do you want to stay for dinner cos I think my master's ordering take-out.” Kyo said bluntly.
 
“Sure. I haven't eaten take-out in a long time.” Karina answered managing a small smile.
 
“Well, you don't seem as shocked as I thought you'd be.” Kyo pointed out.
 
“No… I was shocked but the happiness of having you as a step brother filled in all the empty spaces and when I really thought about it, I don't feel too bad.” Karina told Kyo.
 
“I guess so… I've never had a sibling but I think that it won't be too bad.”
 
Karina gave Kyo a hug and realised that they had forgotten all about the curse.
 
“I almost forgot, am I an animal from the zodiac cos I mean…I do have your blood and I am a Sohma family member and…. You don't transform when I hug you.”
 
“That's true but I don't think you're one of the animals, you can at least hug other people without transforming and plus all the animals are taken… well kinda.” He said remembering Kureno and how his curse was freed.
“But I think it's because you're my sister that you can hug all of us without us having to turn into animals.” Kyo mentioned.
 
“Well can I tell Tohru and Yuki?” Karina asked.
 
“Go tell them, I don't care especially if it's that damn rat.” He replied shrugging it off.
 
Kazuma, Kyo and Karina sat down to eat their take-out meal. It kind of felt good. `Any family of Kyo's is mine.' Karina thought happily. While Karina ate with pride, Kyo wasn't so confident. He was thinking about what would happen if he told Shigure or if Shigure told Akito. What would happen to Karina, would it be the same thing that happened to Tohru?”
 
“So Karina, I hear you have another family that takes care of you.” Kazuma spoke up.
 
“Yes, they live in the central area of Kyoto. It's pretty faraway, 1 hour on train but I can handle it. Their really nice people, they took care of me while my adoptive mother was in hospital.”
 
“Karina, if it's not rude to ask, how did you mother end up in hospital?” Kazuma questioned interested in hearing about Karina's life.
 
“She had a fall off a motorcycle...it was so scary.” She said preferring not to describe it in detail.
 
“Oh that's terrible. Umm why don't we just try to forget the past, as we need to move on with our lives and let go of bad memories.” Kazuma said in a psychiatric tone.
 
“Good idea, I'm sick of having to think of stupid things.” Kyo said grumpily.
 
After Dinner, Kyo had taken Karina home, then he had gone back to the Shigure's house.
 
“Kyo!” A girl came running out wildly.
 
It was Kagura.
 
“Let go of me, what the hell are you doing here?”
 
“I was at Shishou's house (Kazuma's house) and I was going to greet you when I saw another girl in there, who is she?, are you doing something behind my back. Huh?” She asked with her temper rising madly. She started to hit Kyo.
 
“No! She's my sister!!!” Kyo blurted out.
 
Kagura stopped the hitting and looked at Kyo surprised.
 
“You….what did you just say?” Shigure popped out of nowhere with Tohru and Yuki behind him. He happened to hear as Kyo's voice can be heard a mile away.
 
“Oh great, now everyone's here.” Kyo commented.
 
“Spill.” Said Kagura half stunned.
 
“Fine! But I'm only saying it once.” Kyo answered rudely.
 
He explained from head to toe about how Karina ended up being his half sister.
 
“Oh dear, that is big news but Kyo I think it's also great news! Congratulations.” Tohru congratulated Kyo.
 
“My, my what is this? Why didn't you tell us sooner, we could've hosted a party to celebrate.” Said Shigure considering the idea.
 
“Cos I just found out today you damn dog!” Kyo shouted.
 
Yuki stayed silent. `Karina and Kyo? Siblings? Is it true?' he asked himself in his head.
 
The Night ended as everyone fell asleep. Kagura went home although she wasn't convinced that Kyo really had a sister. Tohru was happy for Kyo as he wouldn't be so lonely, he would have family close to him and Yuki was still speechless. Karina had a peaceful sleep amazingly after all the chaos during the day but she was ready for yet another day of school tomorrow.
 
Whilst the others slept like normal people, Shigure spent the night dreaming about a party. The guests were Ayame, Hatori (the mabudachi trio!) Kyo, Tohru, Yuki, maybe even Karina, Kagura (he wanted to tease Kyo) Kisa, Hiro, Haru, Momiji, perhaps Rin, Kureno, maybe Ritsu (as long as he doesn't go into his panic sessions) and if he had to, then he'd invite Akito.
 
 
 
A happy ending, well kind of;
Chapter 8: COMPLETE
 
Fruitylicious-Angel