Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Every Single One ❯ When Tears Flow for No Reason ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seventeen: When Tears Flow for No Reason
 
A/N: Hello everyone! I don't have time to respond to reviews this time, so, I'll just generally say thanks to all my readers and reviewers. Oh, and I'll clear up the fact that Kureno was let go of the curse because, and I believe I mentioned this in one of my chapters, the curse was slowly breaking on its own. Tohru just helped speed up the process. ; ) Thanks again and please enjoy this chapter. : D
 
(-)-(-)
 
They left, the fact that the moment between Akito and Shigure was private, seemed overly obvious. But, where were all of them suppose to go? Tohru felt awful-she wanted to help-but didn't know what to do.
 
This helplessness made panic surface deep within her. But, a natural tan colored hand on her shoulder made that panic dwindle. “Let's bring then all home; back to Shigure's house.”
 
Tohru nodded her head, and her omnipresent smile, made itself onto her features again. “Maybe Mogeta will be on TV-I miss watching that show with Hiro-kun and Kisa-chan.”
 
Kyo laughed. “That's right, Tohru-chan.” He slipped his hand in hers; no longer bothered by the public or the curse. Tohru's smile got wider.
 
As she walked-content-her hand laced with Kyo's, she happened to take a glance at the group in front of her; a majority of whom, were not as content as she. Small and tired was the type of sigh that escaped her lips; as she watched Rin try and calm a white-almost-turned-black Haru, a very nervous Hiro try to comfort a-near-tears Kisa, and a variety of other such events. Yet, even though the small world that surrounded this family seemed a mess at that moment, Tohru couldn't help but think that all would work out in the end.
 
After all, they had all been there. They had all been at the “banquet”, even Kureno, who was in a wheel chair. Hatori had said that the wound that Akito had inflicted had been shallow and she had missed all vital areas. Thus, Kureno was allowed to attend the picnic AKA banquet. So, while everyone looked to have hit rock bottom, Tohru knew that things could only start to look up.
 
(-)-(-)
 
Shigure held Akito in his arms as he carried her away from the death-from the tragic event that took place-due to a moment of insanity. For once his eyes held pity in them as he looked down at the human, which most would say he loved, but he would owned. So fragile and so broken; it had been, as if, Akito had changed…or maybe that she let her true self show through that touch outer cover. Each tear that had slide down her face washed away another fake layer, to reveal, a child. That was all that Akito was-a small girl.
 
Tear streaks stained her pale face, as she snuggled closer to Shigure; sleep still heavy on her mind. “Shi…ure…” The mumble, while not his full name, was obviously meant to be so. His arms tightened around her. He was almost at his home, where he was positive the others stayed.
 
He sighed, the mess with the whole murder had been cleared up, all thanks to the large amount of money, political, and social power of the Sohma name. Shigure didn't quite know what he would have done if he had lost Akito to prison.
 
Nevertheless, even though Shigure told himself that he didn't love her, because he didn't believe in such an emotion-he found pleasure in her body rested in his arms-and found himself with the wish…That she could remain in his embrace forever.
 
(-)-(-)
 
Gathered together, the Sohma family plus Tohru and a few other outsiders, asked and received answers to each and ever inquiry. A task that drained the mental, emotional, and even physical strength of everyone; there were moments of complete silence to moments of up most rage. Questions that concerned Akito to questions that concerned Kureno were brought up.
 
That was why Tohru sighed and nearly collapsed after the whole thing took place. Her mind welcomed the animated show upon the TV screen that came with it a familiarity. She felt herself get lost in the show and in laughter and smiles, a sense of accomplishment swept through her as she saw the relaxed Hiro and Kisa next to her, both had there eyes glued to the screen. All the Sohma members and outsiders had their eyes solely on the TV screen.
 
And, as they watched, each was near the one they cared for-Yuki held Machi in his arms, Tohru settled herself in Kyo's embrace, Rin and Haru was bodies were entwined (not in an inappropriate way)-a certain form of satisfaction lain over them all. Yet, then tears sprung into the cursed Sohma's eyes, they formed and fell so quickly; it was almost as if they were fake. As if the tears had no purpose and they stunned every person in the room.
 
“Why are you crying, Kyo?” Tohru asked apprehension in her voice.
 
Kyo just looked at Tohru and said, “I don't know, I just feel so relieved.” Tohru took in that response and understood; she now knew that the curse was gone forever…never to return again. She gave Kyo's hand, which she held in her own, a small, yet thought filled, squeeze.
 
(-)-(-)
 
Sleep was heavy in the air. Tohru felt her eyes travel over the sleep taken forms and found that only Hatori was still awake. Thus, she carefully moved to the other side of the room, where Hatori was, conscious of all the figures asleep upon the floor. Finally, she came up next to him; the emotion that played across his face was what one would call “in deep thought”.
 
“Hatori-san, sorry if I'm disturbing you, but, I would like you to tell me some things…if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.” Her voice was soft and gentle.
 
His eyes went from clouded to clear and he turned to face Tohru. “I don't mind, Honda-san.”
 
Tohru eyes scrunched together and her lips pulled upward into a smile; her hands clapped together quietly out of glee. Yet, in seconds such happiness dispersed and Tohru's face become shadowed and darkened. Her brown eyes tinted with a small amount of despair and any traces of hope were almost all washed away. The day had drained her.
 
“What would you like to know about, Honda-san?” Hatori's voice was monotone, but his eyes were kind.
 
“I'm worried about Akito-san and Shigure-san…They've been gone for so long now.” Her eyes were downcast. Her hands clamped together.
 
“I heard from Shigure, while Mogeta was on, he said that both he and Akito-san were okay, but that something happened and he had to take care of it. They should be here very soon.” A look of relief claimed Tohru's face, but Hatori saw how she wanted to know of another bit of information.
 
Tohru bit her lip slightly, as if she were anxious, but then finally spoke, “I want to know more about the relationship between Akito-san and Ren-san.”
 
Hatori let out a sigh, the emotions in that sigh were so mixed one could not tell them apart, “They have a broken relationship. It broke because of Ren-san, not Akito-san. When Akito-san had been younger, she had loved her mother dearly, but loved her father much more. Akito-san would have been considered a “daddy's little girl” and this made her mother jealous. Ren-san was envious of the fact that her husband paid more attention to their daughter than to his own wife.”
 
“That's so sad…” Tohru's voice died out.
 
“The tale isn't over yet, Honda-san.” He took an almost silent breath. “Ren-san was also jealous of the way Akito seemed to become more like her each year, both in physical appearance and mental state of mind. She hated the bond that Akito-san had and the way everyone thought she was so special. Thus, when Akira-Akito's father-passed away, Ren-san forced Akito-san to act like a male and told her constantly how she hated Akira and that the bond that Akito-san had with the other zodiac members was just some fabrication. She took note of the, rather unstable, relationship that had taken form with Akito-san and Shigure. ” Hatori paused for a second. He wasn't one to talk so much in such a short period of time.
 
“So, whenever she could, Ren-san tried to take Shigure away from Akito-san, but nothing ever worked out. Or, at least, they always found a way back to each other.” That sentence had finalized the tale, Tohru knew this, and so, she bowed to Hatori and made her way back across the room. Once she was curled back up in the spot she was minutes before, she felt more at ease. She now knew the tragedy and heartbreak that consumed Akito, yet, she only wished she could understand it. Understand it and that acknowledgment to help Akito, but should couldn't.
 
Sleep overtook her.
 
(-)-(-)
 
Dark and still; that was how the house was when he came home; Akito still in his protective grasp. One hand he opened the door and the sight he came upon was everybody sound asleep. So, Shigure searched for an empty spot on the floor, once found, he curled up with Akito.
 
Maybe, if he said it now, when no one was to hear him; when not even Akito would hear him, the words would still not mean a single thing. Arms encircled around Akito's petite form, Shigure whispered the words, “I love you, Akito.” He then closed his eyes, ready for sleep.
 
Tears with a reason and with a purpose slide out of Akito's eyelids. Her mind had been in a deep sleep, yet, she had heard his nearly unspoken words.
 
(-)-(-)
 
A/N: Okay everyone, that's the end of this chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it and please tell me what you think in a review. I really glad with how the last three paragraphs came out! Lastly, next chapter is part one of Kyo, Tohru, and Yuki's graduation day! Take care everyone and until next chapter. : )
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-