Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Fruits Basket ❯ Chapter 5 Who do you think you are? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fruits Basket
a fan fic by: Lindsey Huff



Chapter 5: Who do you think you are?
(narrated by Kyo)



I stormed inside and headed straight for the room I now occuipied. It wasn't just because I heard Tohru's friends coming around the corner, I just didn't know how to react to what had happened. I transformed back just as I made it to the door.Then I fished through my stuff and found some clean clothes. Just as I was slipping my shirt over my head, that damn Yuki opened the door. I finished dressing and turned to look at him. He looked as outraged as I felt.
"What did you think you were doing?" he asked.
"What are you talking about?" I questioned giving him an odd look.
"Don't be stupid! You heard Tohru's friends at the door, yet you failed to say anything to her. You were too concerned with what you were doing," the rat said.
"I was busy," I answered supressing anger.
"You would've been able to tell her, if you would've kept to yourself," Yuki said.
I felt my eyes widen to that comment. That rat, he'd been spying on us! I tried my hardest to control my anger and clentched my fists tightly as I looked at him. What gave him the right?! Who did he think he was?! I could do whatever I wanted! Besides it wasn't me who started it, it was Tohru who had kissed me! I wanted to yell at him, but I knew her friends were here and didn't want them to know what had happened today. I wasn't even sure what it meant yet.
"You were spying on us?!" I half shouted.
"No, I was looking for Miss Honda, and I found her, attatched to something," he answered giving me his death stare.
"You wanna run that by me again?" I questioned, voice harsh.
"Sorry, I didn't know you were deaf as well as stupid!" Yuki said.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" I shouted, glaring.
"Exactly what it sounds like, stupid cat! You could've been caught," he replied rising his voice a little.
"What's it to you?!"
"Shut up, they can probably hear you, stupid cat."
"Don't you tell me to shut up! Who do you think you are?!"
"Who do you think YOU are?"
"Shut up!"
"I don't have to listen to you!"
"That's right and I don't have to listen to you, you damn rat!"
"Don't you start it with me or you'll regret it."
"Is that a threat?!"
"No, it's a promise."
"They really do fight like an old married couple," Uo's voice said and Yuki and I both looked over.
"Yes, it's quite entertaining," Hanajima added.
"Oh, uh, hey Yuki, Kyo," Tohru said popping up behind her two friends.
"Sorry for interrupting you two in your moment but we heard you fighting," Tohru's dark haired friend said.
"Yea and it is pretty funny to watch you two argue back and forth," Uo added.
"What were you two fighting about anyway?" Tohru asked.
"Nothing," Yuki and I said at the same time.
I looked at him and he looked at me. "Hmph," I said and pushed my way down the hall way.
I heard Yuki storm away too in the opposite direction, but I didn't bother to look and see if he had or not. I heard Tohru saying something to her friends as I walked off. It made me wonder what happened today really meant, to the both of us. I decided to not ask, and just leave it alone. If I got too much involved it'd be harder for me to leave. In fact my plan was to leave early in the morning, when no one was awake. This way I wouldn't have to get all teary eyed with good byes, I could just go. I honestly was afraid that if today meant anything, I wouldn't be able to let go that easy. I would be forced to say good bye, and I wouldn't want to. Not that I wanted to already, but this gave me even more of a reason to not want to leave. Akito made it pretty clear to me that he didn't want me to be happy, no matter what.
A little later I went to go outside, so I could get to the latter that I climbed up that I used to get on the roof, when I almost ran into Yuki. He stood, those stupid, big, purple eyes of his on me. His fists were clentched. If there was something he hadn't said earlier, he was willing to say it now. Tohru's friends left just a few hours before and with them gone, I could actually fight Yuki. I glared at him and he glared at me.
"How.....how could you?!" he asked outraged.
"What are you talking about?!" I questioned raising my voice.
"I saw you with Miss Honda earlier! Who do you think you are, stupid cat?" Yuki spat out his reply.
"Wha...? I can do whatever the hell I want and there's nothing you can do about it!" I yelled.
"You could've been caught stupid!" he yelled back.
"Shut up! I don't care what other people think! Unlike you Yuki! If you weren't so afraid of people you would've said something to Tohru forever ago!" I yelled getting angry.
His eyes widened to that comment. I had touched a nerve. "I am not afraid of people," the rat denied.
"Whatever! You are too! That's why you're afraid to talk to people at school Yuki, you're afraid of what they think of you. That's why you act dumb and do what they say all the time. Like those stupid fan girls, or whatever, if you hate them tell them," I pointed out.
"I just...." Yuki started but then the rat ran past me and inside.
"Really Kyo, was it nesserary to do that?" Shigure asked.
I glared at him. "Of course it was! If Yuki wasn't told how it was, then how long do you think he would've lived like that?!" I exclaimed outraged and continued on where I was going.
"Well I will say that you have a point there Kyo. Still, I can't help but feel that was a little extreme," he said.
"Shut up! I don't care!" I yelled over my shoulder.