Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I was gone now I'm back ❯ My sad past ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The story of my life by Daieki Sohma. Volume #1
I was born in a small town in Japan. Then I had the last name Sato. I had a mother, father, and a brother. Even though I didn't notice they didn't love me very much. Every birthday or holiday I wouldn't get any presents, but when it was my brother's birthday he would get loads of things. On family get to gathers I always had to stay home alone because my mother's family hated me as well. There was one person who loved me, my dad's sister Tailya. On my birthday she would come pick me up- against my mother's will- and take me somewhere fun, and shower me with love.
My room was one of those large closets that you can walk into. I had a mat and some old blankets, a lamp and the few toys Aunty Tailya gave me. I had lived like that for 7 years. My brother was the typical bully at school, and my parents were proud of that. I on the other hand I was a smart girl who always got good grades, my parents hated that.
When I was five my mom signed me up for martial arts, just to get me out of the house. My Shishou's name was Kazuma Sohma. When I was six I meet and befriended a small boy with red eyes and orange hair. This boy's name was Kyo Sohma, my soon to be last name. Once I meet him my training became easier. I was able to beat him a few times. By the way Shishou and Kyo acted I thought they were father and son. I asked Kyo one day and he said he was only living there. One day my life took a turn for the worse. While on her way to pick me up for my 6th birthday day my Aunt Tailya got into a bad car accident! The police said that she died instantly which is good I guess because she didn't have to suffer. I had lost the only person who ever loved me. When I told Kyo he was there to comfort me.
But one day when I was 7 my mom came to pick me up on time for once! When she saw me playing with Kyo she ran over grabbed my arm and took me home. Before we left she told Shishou that I would not be attending this school any more. Furious, Shishou argued with my mom to let me stay, but lost. Life was even more miserable after that. My family was never home, so naturally I learned how to take care of myself. Then one day I was walking home from school when I saw someone in front of our house. The man introduced himself as Mr. Hieti, from social services. He said my mom had instructed him to take me away and put me in a foster home. Sitting right next to him was a suitcase filled with my clothes and a small box full of my pictures.
 
My first house was a family with 2 older kids. I was 8. I was in this house for about 3 months when I was brought back to the agency because I was to old and they wanted a younger child.
The second house I went to was a family of three little kids. Things seemed to be great there. I got along good with the kids who were about two or more years younger than me. I was 10 then. It had been so long since I lived in a house so I incredibly happy. But one day I woke up and my things were packed, I was going back to the agency. Unlike my original home or my first home I was not expecting to leave.
I was at this house for 6 months. They said they already had 3 young kids and they wanted an older kid like a 16 year old to baby-sit and things like that.
 
The third house was the worst. I was 14 and now known for acting out. That's why I hadn't been to a home in 4 years. This couple was a rich family and very strict. I got kicked out of three of the finest all girls' boarding schools in the state. I hated it there. The couple were keen on straitening me out, and trying to help me get somewhere in life. Oh, I got somewhere all right. I stayed in my room half the time because I was grounded, or it was because I had no friends and was considered a freak. The reasons I got kicked out was because I beat up most of the popular girls in school. Once they found out I was adopted and not rich the teasing began. I was never good at comebacks so the only thing I could do was punch them and kick them. I was given chances because of my background. But soon anything someone said that was remotely offending, I lost it.
 
So I was 16 and one day Shishou arrived at the agency with a couple with the last name Sohma. They were looking to get a 16 female. And as fate has it I fit what they wanted. Life was good at this house, and the next thing I knew they were going to adopt me! Then the next morning something bad happened. My light brown hair had turned a dark brown almost black color, and my eyes had changed too! They had once been beautiful green eyes and now they were dark brown too! When my soon to be parents saw they thought that I died it or something. When I explained that I just woke up like this, they didn't exactly believe me. And when I went to hug my future dad to help him believe me or what not the next thing I know there is a puff of brown smoke and when it cleared I'm a horse! There was a lot of yelling. My future mom screamed, and my future dad didn't know what the hell was happening and called someone on the phone. In the middle of the conversation the puff of smoke came back and I turned back to normal but I was naked! So I grabbed my clothes and ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I wasn't sure how long I was in there, but after I heard a familiar voice. So I decided to crack open the door. It was Shishou and some other man! So I walked out of the bathroom and down the hallway into the family room, where the whole fiasco went down. I found out that the strange man's name is Hatori. And I was told to pack my things. Shishou explained that since I was becoming a part of this family that I now to had this curse put upon me. I was a little freaked out. Shishou said that Hatori was erasing their memories of me, he would make it like I was never here. Shishou said that I was going to a Sohma house where the people had this curse too! We snuck out the back door and into Hatori's car. Tears fell down my cheeks as we drove away. Shishou told me that my last name was now Sohma, and that I was never ever under any circumstances to hug a male. Still unsure what this meant I looked out the window waiting to hear the rest of these rules, and what my life would be like once I got to this person's house.
 
 
To be continued in volume #2