Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I was gone now I'm back ❯ The dreaded day ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10 is finally up! Sorry it took so long. My old computer crashed and it took forever to get a new on and install Microsoft word. So with that here is chapter 10!
 
Ring, ring, ring
Daieki's alarm clock rang announcing that it was 5:30 time to get up for school.
I can't believe this. Daieki sat up in her bed and stared into space. It's been five days already. There coming today. My biological parents. Everyone knows. I wonder how it will go.
 
Begin flashback:
“We're here!” Kazuma announced as Daieki and him entered the kitchen
“Good.” Shigure said
“Shishou? What are you doing here?” Kyo questioned
“Why hello Kyo. I came here to drop off Daieki. Seems she took a little adventure to my dojo.”
“Really? So that's where she went when she ran off.” Yuki said
“Ya, what the hell made you leave anyway?” Kyo questioned
“Daieki are you okay? Your eyes are red. Have you been crying?” Torhu asked
“No. But, torhu…”
“Yes?”
“I have a favor to ask of you.”
“Sure what is it?”
“Can you make dinner in five days?”
“Sure but what for?”
“Ummm…”
“Ahh… never mind… It wasn't in my place to ask… I'm sorry!”
“No. You see… my..” Daieki looked towards kazuma for guidance
He nodded his head, and put his hand on her shoulder
“My… biological parents are coming for dinner in five days and I really don't feel like cooking that day.”
“Uh, really” Kyo asked
“You think I would joke about something like that!”
“Hey! Come down I was just surprised!”
Ya, well so am I!.”
Daieki pulled away from Kazuma and ran out of the kitchen up to her room.
 
End flashback…
 
I don't even want to get out of bed today. But I have to because I not going to let the though of seeing them, meeting them face to face after all these, years control my life. Daieki clenched her fist. And with that thought she rolled out of bed and got ready for her day at school.
 
Daieki's at school about to walk into her classroom. I'm late. I should of gotten ready more quickly today. Oh well what are you gonna do. Daieki opened door and walked into class. Thankfully bell hadn't rung yet and everyone was sitting around talking to their friends.
“Hey Daieki!” Torhu yelled
Sitting around her was Kyo, Yuki and her two friends Saki and Arisa.
“Hey.”
“Well if it isn't the delinquent. Decided to show today.”
Normally Daieki reacts to Arisa's greeting comments with a quick witted insult but today she neither wanted to nor had the energy to. The thought of seeing her parents completely drained her of her energy.
“Hey are you alright? You seem a little down today.” Arisa asked
“I'm fine just a little tired. I went to bed late last night.” Daieki lied
Kyo, Yuki and Torhu new different, but didn't say anything.
“Sohma, Daieki come to the office, Sohma, Daieki” came over the loud speaker
“Ugghhh! What now? Well I better see what those bastards want.”
Daieki turned around and walked to the door and out.
“Well, I better get going to. Student council business.”
“Alright Yuki.”
“I'll see you later then, Miss. Honda.”
“Ah, oh of course!”
Yuki got up and walked out the room.
“Sohma, Kyo, come to the office Sohma, Kyo”
“Great what that bitch blame me for this time.”
“Oh, bye Kyo.”
“See ya.”
Kyo left the room in the same manner as the other two Sohmas.
“Funny.”
“Uh? What's funny Hana?
“Her waves.”
“Who's.” Torhu asked
“Daieki's.”
“What about them?” Arisa asked
“I've always noticed it. But it's stronger today.”
“What is Hana?” Torhu asked
“Ya, spit it out.” Arisa added
“There different from the other Sohma's, yet it still has that strange, cold signal the other's give out.”
“Hana, you're crazy. They may act a little strange sometimes, but there're still normal.”
“Right, Hana.” Torhu said lying
 
The day went by slow but finally the ball rang and it was the end of the day. Torhu, Yuki, Kyo, and Daieki meet outside the school to walk home.
“You guys ready?” Torhu asked
“Ya.” Kyo replied
“You know, I think I'm gonna take the long way home today.” Daieki announced
“Okay, Daieki.” Torhu replied
“See you when I see you.”
Daieki turned around and walked in the opposite direction. The group watched her walk away for a few seconds- with her hair and skirt blowing in the wind.
“Man I never see Dai act this way before.” Kyo said breaking the silence
“Really?” Torhu asked
“It must be because her parents are coming tonight.” Yuki said
“That's right. Poor Daieki I can't even imagine what she's going through right now.” Torhu said tears coming to her eyes
“Lets go home Miss. Honda.” Yuki said wiping Torhu's tears
 
Later at the house
“Its almost 5:00. Where's Daieki?” Torhu asked with concern in her voice
The table was set and dinner was just about ready, and Daieki still wasn't home.
“Yes, it is odd.” Shigure said
“I wonder where she could be.” Yuki added
 
At the main house:
“Very good Hatori.”
A tall skinny figure of a man is barely visible as he sits in his room, out of reach of the moonlight.
“Its seems Daieki will get a surprise tonight. Almost as much as a surprise as when she got that letter.”
“Huh?”
“That's right Hatori. I know about it. How I enjoy seeing them sad, in pain. I have a feeling she'll be coming here to see you Hatori, after all you are her psychiatrist.”
“Huh.”
“That's right I know about that too. Really Hatori…” The figure stepped out of the dark into the light of the full moon “I know about that too. Do you really think you can keep secrets from me? I heard everything you two had to say in those little meetings. I am anticipating her arrival tonight, because when she comes, I'll be here waiting to deliver my message, and send even more pain into her heart. That will be all Hatori you can leave now.”
“Yes Akito.”
Back at Shigure's house:
 
The door opened and in walked Daieki.
“Where have you been its almost 5.” Kyo asked
“I know. I'm gonna go change.” Daieki walked out of the slowly and up the stairs
She looks so pale it's hard to believe she can even stand up. I guess this meeting is really taking a tole on her. She seemed so out off it today. Kyo thought to himself
A few minuets later Daieki came down stairs in blue jeans and a plane white shirt on.
“I think I'm ready… for this.”
“You sure.” Shigure asked
Daieki looked around and noticed everyone dressed up-everyone except Kyo and her. Tohru was wearing a nice spring dress, Yuki was wearing a dress shirt and his good pants, and Shigure was wearing a suit.
“You all didn't have to dress up.”
“Nonsense we wanted to. All of us except Kyo that is.”
“Shut up I don't own any dress clothes.” Kyo yelled
“That's okay.” Daieki said
“You sure you going to be okay.” Shigure asked
“Ya. I decided I won't let them be the focus of my every thought. I won't them run my life.”
Knock, knock, knock
“That must be them.” Daieki said standing up “Shigure do you mind?”
“No, not at all.”
Shigure got up and walked out of the kitchen to the door and opened it.
“Welcome are you Mr. and Mrs. Sato?”
“Yes. Yes we are.” You could a female voice come from the door way
“Well come right in.”
 
TBC in volume #11
 
That was a long chapter. Well finds out what happens to Daieki at the dinner, and what does Akito plan on telling her.
I want to thank all who reviewed:
Manga girl
Bluesilver-soul
I love athrun
Dianna
Thanks to all of you- your reviews mean a lot!!