Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I was gone now I'm back ❯ The aftermath ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I left off when Daieki's parents came over.
 
Kyo, Yuki, Shigure, and Torhu are in the kitchen cleaning up after Daieki's rampage. Torhu was doing most cleaning though.
“Ahhh.” Yuki sighed
“What?” Shigure asked
“Don't you think she should be down here helping us?”
“By she you mean Daieki. And no. Let her have some to think things through, and absorb what just happened.”
“She's been in her room for two hours!” Kyo said
“So, she needs time.”
“Can I at least go and check on her?”
“I wouldn't do that if I were you. You might end up with several broken bones.”
“Fine.”
“Maybe we should go and check on her. She's been up there an awful long time.” Torhu asked
“No.”
“Miss. Honda let it go. Daieki needs `time'.”
“What the hell's wrong with you?” Kyo asked
“What are you talking about?”
“You saw and heard everything that just happened. You think you could show a little consideration!” Kyo said
Yuki walked over to Kyo and looked him in the eyes
“Hmmm.”
“What!!”
“Why are you standing up for her? Last thing I knew you couldn't stand her.”
“I can't!!”
“Kyo you're blushing.” Shigure pointed out
“NO I'M NOT!!”
“Please no more yelling.” Torhu said
Yuki and Kyo looked over at Torhu, who's head was down and tears falling down her cheeks
“Miss. Honda….”
“Please, no more yelling.”
Yuki walked over to Torhu and put his hand under Torhu's chin and lifted her head up.
“Please Miss. Honda don't cry.” Yuki whipped her tears
“Ah…no…I'm not crying.!! But I really think we should go check on Daieki. My mom always said that the best way to get through things in life is to talk to someone you can trust. That way you never feel alone.”
“Alright Miss. Honda we'll go.”
“No.” Shigure said “I think only Kyo should go.”
“Ahh….okay.”
Kyo walked out of the door, up the stairs, down the hall, and stopped at Daieki's door.
Why was I blushing? I don't like Daieki. I can't stand her! And yet I'm standing outside her door like a total fool. Kyo put his hand up to knock on the door, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. What's wrong with me!! Why can't I just knock on the goddamn door!
Finally Kyo managed to knock on the door. There was no answer.
“Ahhh…….Daieki. Daieki you there its Kyo.”
There was still no replay.
Should I just go in? I mean I knocked and stuff so I can't be like she's naked or something. Maybe I should just leave. Kyo turned to walk away. But she did seem so upset. I don't think I ever saw Daieki cry since the day she left the dojo.
 
Begin flashback:
“Come on Daieki we're leaving. For good!”
“What do you mean `for good'?”
“I mean I'm taking you home and I'm not bringing you back!”
“What why!”
Madame, please. Daieki is doing well here and she has made some friends. Please reconsider.”
“No! There is no meaning or purpose for Daieki to be here!”
“The purpose is for her to have fun!”
“Mommy! I wanna stay!”
“Shut your mouth!”
“Madame!”
“Lets go Daieki, we have no reason to be here!”
“No! No! Kyo! KYO! I'll never forget you! You were my first and only friend!”
End flashback:
Kyo open the door and stared into the dark room. Could she be asleep? Kyo looked around and found the light switch, and turned it on. The room was empty. Pillows were tossed about everywhere. And drawers were hanging open. Then Kyo noticed it. I piece of paper sitting on her dresser with a pen next to it. It read”
Went to main house
-Dai
Whaa.. She went to the main house?! Why the hell would she go there?
“Shigure!!”
 
No we go to Daieki.
Daieki is at the entrance to the main house. Tears are still flowing from her eyes but not at such a fast pace as earlier. She is holding herself up by leaning against the fence.
I'm here. I'm getting used to coming her. I just need to see Hatori. Hatori!! Daieki ran into the gate. To her surprise it was open-almost like someone was expecting her. But she neither noticed nor cared. Daieki ran around back to go to Shigure's office but took a wrong turn. Where am I? Everything looks the same! Daieki continued to run hoping she would run into Momiji or somebody that could help her. Turns out she did bump into someone. But it was that last person she wanted to see.
“Ahhh… Daieki I was expecting you.”
Daieki looked up and saw him. The man who in her mind ruined her life. Akito Sohma.
“Why?”
Akito grabbed Daieki's chin and held it tight.
“Listen here, and listen closely, this won't be our last meeting. And by the Hatori's office, is that way.” Akito motioned with is hand where Hatori's office is and let go of Daieki's face. And walked away
Why did he do that? What does he mean this won't be our last meeting? Daieki turned around and ran the way Akito pointed to. When she got there, she opened the door and ran in.
“Harori!” she ran about a foot and collapsed on the floor and passed out
“Daieki is that you?” Hatori walked out of the backroom and saw her lying on the floor “Daieki? What happened?” Hatori ran over to Daieki and turned her over on her back
“Nhhhh….” Daieki stirred “Hatori, they came…”
“Come on lets get you to the couch.” Hatori helped Daieki to the couch and went and got her a glass of water. She took a long sip
“Now tell me what happened.” Daieki told Hatori the long ugly story
“Ahh… Daieki I'm so sorry.”
“Please call me Dai, that's what my aunt used to call me.”
“Alright Dai.” Daieki went and gave Hatori a hug
“We better get you home.”
“Ya, you're right.”
“Lets go.”
Daieki are in the car driving to Shigure's house
“Hatori can I tell you something?”
“Sure.”
“Cause you said you won't tell anybody.”
“That's right.” Hatori said this even though he knew Akito knew everything
“I think….I think, I like Kyo.”
“Well that's an improvement.” Hatori said thinking that she liked him only as a friend
“No! I mean I like him like you like Kana!”
“Ahhh…”
“At least I think I do. That's why I've been fighting with him so much! I read in this book that children who had a bad past without a lot of love and compassion can't give out those emotions either! Maybe that's the why I act the way I do.”
“Now you listen here! You're capable of showing those emotions just like everyone else! And don't think that you didn't grow up loved for one minute!”
“Oh and I guess my parents giving me up was an act of supreme love! Like hell it was!”
“What about your aunt! She never loved you!”
“She did but she died when I was six! She wasn't around very long!”
“And what Kazuma! And Kyo was your best friend when you were little!”
“Ahhh…I guess your right. And even if that bastard who wrote the book was right I'll prove him wrong. I just gotta remember all the people in my life who love me.”
“That's right.”
“Hahaha.”
“What's so funny?”
“I sound like that bitch Torhu! What was I thinking getting all cryptic like that! If I ever do that again hit me over the head with a goddamn shovel.”
“You got it.”
 
Well this chapter didn't go exactly the way I wanted it to, but what am I gonna do. I think my story will go up to chap. 20 or something around that number. Anyways read the next chapter to find out what happens when Kyo and Daieki are alone on the roof and have a heart to heart talk.
I want to thank for reviewing:
Crasiness
Manga girl
AnimeHaven
Whitestarburst
Thanks to you all!!! I really appreciate it