Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ It Breaks my Heart ❯ You break my heart ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello. I'm writing this around 11 o'clock at night. And I'm going to get in trouble. Well, this song fic is “Over and Over” by Nelly.
Important reminder: This is my very first try at a song fic. So, if my characters are OOC, it's because I'm not very good at this stuff. Oh crap…I have to go to bed soon. Chao!
Important Info:
Regular text is actions/story.
Bold text is thoughts
Italics are the song.
Bold italics are the dream.
(Intro starts)
Why'd you kiss him? It was too painful to see.
An orange haired boy was walking in the streets. Tears filled his eyes as he wiped them away with his sleeve. His brown eyes filled with more tears. He just let them fall. They went on his already wet black T-shirt. It was pouring rain out there. His hair was dripping wet and some of it was stuck to his face. His black cargos were soaking wet also.

Why'd you kiss him? My heart was torn.
I can't wait to see you
Wanna see if you still got that
Look in your eye


You're a fan of the cat, right? Why'd you have to kiss the enemy of the cat?

The boy kept walking in the pouring rain. Some people were giving him funny looks. A blonde haired girl ran up to him. Her blonde hair was mid back and she had sky blue eyes. She was wearing a school uniform. She was really worried.
“Are you alright sir?” she asked.
That one you had for me
Before we said our goodbyes

The boy looked at the girl. She was in focus as regular people see, then he saw the girl he loved looking at him with the exact same look. The boy pushed the girl down. The girl slid on the ground and landed in the middle of the streets.
And it's a shame that we
Gotta spend our time
Being mad about the same things
“Get…away,” muttered the guy.
He sounded like he was panting, and trying to breath. Suddenly, everything went black.
Over and over again
About the same thing
Over and over again
(Orange haired boy's point of view)
 
A gray haired boy leaned in closer to a blushing brown haired girl.

”Miss Honda, I love you,” said the gray haired boy.
“Um uh,” mumbled the blushing brown haired girl.
Oh but I think she's leaving on
And she's leaving here
I was walking back from practice. I had changed to a black t-shirt and cargos at the dojo. I didn't know what would happen.
“You're so cute,” said the gray haired boy, as his lips touched the brown haired girl's.
I turned the corner and there it was. I was just standing there, and I didn't know what to do.
And I don't know what else to do
(Can't go on not loving you)
There was my enemy kissing the girl I loved. The only person who truly cared for me, and the only person who actually accepted my ugly side. My heart cracked in to tiny pieces. It was as though the whole world just suddenly stopped.
The brown haired girl broke away and saw me.
My eyes widened and I ran. It started to pour. The image kept playing in my head.
Cause it's all in my head
I think about it

I didn't care if I was getting weak, I kept running. I didn't care if I was getting wet. I won't even care if I transformed to a cat. My heart was shattered and no one was picking up the pieces. I kept running. Then, I tripped.
Over and over again
And I can't keep
Picturing you with him
And it hurts so bad

”Are you awake?” asked a gentle voice.
I opened my eyes a bit to see the blonde haired girl looking at me. I was going to get up but I lay back down when I felt a sharp pain in my chest and stomach. I looked at my hand, but it was a paw.
Yeah, cause it's all in my head
I think about it


I freaked out. I didn't know what to do. She must have seen me transform.
“Don't worry about you transforming. I know all about your family because one of my cousins is in that family,” said the girl.
She smiled. My heart was racing. Her smile reminded me of a girl's smile. It reminded me of her smile. The brown haired girl was in my mind.
Over and over again
I replay it


Then, the picture of her and my enemy appeared. I ran straight into a dark corner.
Over and over again
And I can't take it
I can't shake it, no
“My name's Aiko. Aiko Yamashina,” said the blonde haired girl. “My cousin's name is Kazuma. He's way older then me, but somehow, he's my cousin.” (1)
My face was faced in the corner, but I could hear her footsteps come near me. I thought she would try and hurt me, but she didn't. I felt a soft hand stroke my back.
I remember the day you left
I remember the last breath


I looked at who was stroking my back, and it was Aiko. She picked me up and held me in her arms. She pulled me close to her chest, so I could become warm.
I felt myself heating up. I couldn't tell if I was warming up from her body heat, or I was blushing madly.
You took right in front of me
When you said that you would leave


Aiko's grip on me loosened as I dropped out from her arms. Aiko had laid down and fallen asleep. I blinked.
When did she fall asleep?
I was too damn stubborn to try to stop you
Or say anything


I kept wondering, as I laid myself back in the corner, if I made the right choice. If it was the right choice for me to run away.
But I see clearly now
And this choice I made keeps
Playing in my head


Yes, said a voice in my head. It was the right choice. If you hadn't, you would be in too much shock and would have passed out.
But, if I stayed, she would have comforted me. I could have just been dreaming, said another voice.
Over and over again
It play in my head
Over and over again
No. It was too real to be a dream. My heart was shattered and the pain was too unbearable.
I heard a popping noise and I transformed back. I got up and went to my clothes and put them on in a bit of a hurry, so Aiko didn't wake up and find him naked.
Oh but I think she's leaving on
And she's leaving here


Aiko groaned and then opened her eyes a bit. I still was trying to button my shirt up, and I looked at her. I blushed when I was saying something in my head that didn't sound like me.
`She looks like an angel when she's asleep.'
And I don't know what else to do
(Can't go on not loving you)
Aiko opened her eyes and sat up. She rubbed her eyes a bit and looked at me. She smiled.
“So you transformed back. That's good,” said Aiko.
I was confused.
Why was it good that I transformed back? I blushed. Maybe because she didn't want to see me naked. Oh god. My face is heating up.

Cause it's all in my head
I think about it


But, why do I feel this way? I only felt this way once before. It was with her. The girl I loved and cared about the most. Her. But she was with that damn rat. I could never win her affections now. She has chosen already. But why does it hurt so much in here?
Forgetting that Aiko was there, I placed a hand to my chest.
Over and over again
And I can't keep
Picturing you with him
And it hurts so bad


”Does it hurt here?” asked a soft voice.
I was startled by the voice, and then a cold, but soft and warm, hand was placed on top of the one on my chest.
“Does it hurt here? Did something happen to make you hurt here?”
Yeah, cause it's all in my head
I think about it


I didn't know why she was speaking like she never knew what a heart was, or how it hurts.
Over and over again
I replay it


”Me, I have had the same hurtness too. My mom was killed in a car crash, and my dad was deathly ill. Before his illness, he was busy with work, and rarely came home at all. I hurt in here too,” said Aiko, placing her other hand on her chest.
Over and over again
And I can't take it
I can't shake it, no


I blinked.
It was almost like her life. The girl I love. Her dad died from an illness when she was young and her mom died at least a year ago. Then, the image appeared again. Oh that damn rat and the girl I love, kissing each other.
Now that I realize
That I'm going down


”Why does tears fall from your face? Does it hurt in here that much?” asked Aiko.
I blinked and used my other hand and felt my face.
I was crying.
Tears were streaming down my face.
From all this pain you
Put me through


”Does it hurt so much in here, that you must have tears?” asked Aiko.
I closed my eyes as I nodded. I kept thinking the image over and over again.
Everytime I close my eyes
I like it down
Oh, I can't go on not loving you
I felt something touch my cheek. I opened my eyes and Aiko had her hand on my cheek, looking really sad in the eyes.
“You must hurt in here. More tears are coming from your eyes,” said Aiko.
Cause it's all in my head
I think about it


I blinked in surprise. The picture kept picturing in my head, as though it was like on a movie on repeat. My heart was hurting more and more every time I thought about it.
Over and over again
And I can't keep
Picturing you with him
And it hurts so bad


”It does hurt in here. You do not look well. You must lie down,” said Aiko.
I blinked and looked at her. I was shocked. Tears were filling her eyes.
Yeah, cause it's all in my head
I think about it


”Why are you crying?” I asked, sounding a little harsher then what I intended to be.
Over and over again
I replay it


”Seeing you in so much pain, it makes me want to cry. I've never seen someone this hurt before, not ever. Please lie down,” said Aiko.
Over and over again
And I can't take it
I can't shake it, no
“Ok then,” I said, as I can't stand to see a girl cry. I went to the blankets on the floor. But, something grabbed my hand and stopped me.
Cause it's all in my head
I think about it


I turned around and saw Aiko grasping my hand. She shook her head and pointed to the bed that looked like it was meant for her.
“You rest there. I rest here,” said Aiko.
Over and over again
And I can't keep
Picturing you with him
And it hurts so bad

”But I-,” I began, but was cut off when a warm finger was pressed against my lips.
“No protests. You must get rest,” said Aiko.
“Ok then,” I said.
Yeah, cause it's all in my head
I think about it


Aiko laid me to bed as she laid herself on the blankets on the floor I once laid. I kept thinking about the image, but it faded when a new thought struck him.
Over and over again
I replay it


Can I get over her? Can I find someone new?
Over and over again
And I can't take it
I can't shake it, no
I looked at Aiko, who was asleep.
 
She does look like an angel when she sleeps.
 
Over and Over again
Over and Over again
Cause it's all in my head

I will get over her. This person maybe the one who can restore my broken and shattered heart. Aiko, you are the one.
 
 
 
A/N: Ok then everyone. I'm done…Finally. Anyways, The song may not be really about the fic, but it was what I was listening to before, and the thought just struck me when I heard it. Oh well. Anyways, I hope you like it. Chao!
 
- I know cousins are supposed to be younger then you, but I read in the dictionary that they could be a relative, regardless of age.
 
P.S.- I may write a sequel to this if you like it. Only your reviews will count. Chao!