Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Phantom ❯ Wish upon a graveyard ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's note: HiThis is my second fanfic on Fruits basket, my first was a drama/suspense called Destiny Unmasked and now I've decided to write a horror/supernatural story. I do not own Fruits Basket, I own Midnight Phantom.
First chapter is told in Akito's P.O.V
Oh and I know that Akito's a girl and all but it's kinda weird you know, so just pretend we don't know that he's a girl yet.
Hope you like the sound of this!
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: Wish upon a graveyard
 
Time, So precious, yet limited. Akito Sohma's life wasn't something to be proud of. Apart from being the head of the Sohma clan, Akito was always lonely and nobody ever seemed to care. Life was so boring and I am constantly sick. Then along came Tohru Honda, stupid old girl who took away all the jyunishi like she was god. `yea right' Akito smirked. It wasn't fair, I hate her and to think she actually wanted to be friends with me. The jyunishi can be so gullible and that Tohru, well she's just manipulative. I am sick of having to be constantly fooled by that girl. There is no way the curse can ever be broken, ignore Kureno's incident and everything will be how it should be. God and the animals of the zodiac. Together, it's a bond and it will stay as a bond.
 
Akito looked at the clock. 11:54pm. He took a walk around the Sohma graveyard which is rumoured to be a place where each and every one of the zodiac animal's in the past lived. Including god but not the cat. The cat will never be accepted into the zodiac, Akito had always thought of that theory to be quite true. He hated the cat just as much as he hated Tohru.
 
As he reached a spot where the biggest grave was placed, he read:
Ryoichi Sohma
1898-1918
Head of Sohma family.
 
It was the oldest grave and the biggest, so this had to be the first leader of the jyunishi and he was 20 when he died.
 
It gave Akito the shivers just to know that he could die any minute. He respected Ryoichi as they had something in common. He placed flowers and candles next to the grave and prayed that Ryoichi could help him rid Tohru and all people that meddle with the curse.
 
Then he whispered a small thank you and went back inside to sleep. Now it was 12:59am.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
Back at Shigure's house, Tohru heard a movement at her window. She opened her eyes, got up from bed checking if anyone was around, then closed her window, sighed with relief and went back to bed. Her clock struck 12:00am a few seconds after she fell asleep.
 
`Kyo dying, Yuki dying, Tohru weeping……Shigure dying…'
 
Tohru woke up with a startle and a small scream. She had the most awful nightmare straight after when she fell asleep. She breathed heavily, coughing and spluttering. She quickly drank some water and looked at the time. 6:37 am. She couldn't sleep, so she got up and went to the kitchen starting to make breakfast without knowing it.
 
She thought of the dream. Could it be she's lacking sleep? She hadn't had such a scary dream in a long time. She heard a noise around the stairs. She ran towards it carrying a mop. `Am I being paranoid?' she asked herself.
 
Then without thinking, she swung the mop forward and hit the thing coming down the stairs.
 
“Miss Honda?” The voice belonged to Yuki Sohma. He had a surprised look, kind of a `what are you doing?' expression.
 
Tohru went pink instantly.
 
“I-I-I sorry, I thought you were someone, I thought you were a burglar.” Tohru admitted with shame.
 
“A burglar?” Yuki asked her still wondering what she was on about.
 
“Last night I umm……… somebody opened my window, but it was locked so I have no idea how they did it. It must've been the wind……but I do remember locking it in place so……I don't know. Sorry, how is your head?” Tohru said remembering where she had nearly hit Yuki.

“I'm fine. Why are you up so early, did you have a bad sleep?”
 
“I had nightmares, sounds really silly but it's true.”
 
“About what?” Yuki questioned with interest.
 
“Oh umm…are you hungry? I've made breakfast.” Tohru didn't wish to share her nightmare so she pretended to not hear what he said.
 
“Oh well ok.” Yuki answered following Tohru into the kitchen and giving her a helping hand.
 
“What's all the noise? Oh it's you two. Geez your loud!” Kyo said with his messy hair. He was still half-asleep.
 
“Good Morning Kyo, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up.” Tohru said apologetically.
 
“Nah it doesn't matter, but I'm starved so what's for breakfast?” Kyo shrugged it off.
 
“Oh well I have made some pancakes.” Tohru said gesturing to the table.
 
“I hope you'll like them as I added some fruit syrup onto the plate if you want more flavour.” She explained.
 
“Thank you Miss Honda, they taste delicious.” Yuki smiled at her.
 
“Your welcome.”
 
Kyo sat down to eat after pouring a tall glass of milk.
 
“Oh what's that smell? Pancakes?” Shigure said with a goofy grin.
 
“Morning Shigure, yes it's pancakes.” Tohru greeted him.
 
After eating breakfast, Tohru, Yuki and Kyo set off for school. As soon as Yuki entered the building, girls started crowding around him asking him to accept their gifts.
 
Kyo dragged Tohru off preferring not to be in the crowd of squirming squealing girls.
 
“Sweet Tohru is here.” Called out Hana as her electric signal made a loud and bright beep.
 
“Hey Tohru, over here!” Uo yelled to Tohru.
 
Tohru walked towards Uo and Hana while Kyo went to talk to a group of boys. After the bell rang for class, Tohru heard a lot of noise. She turned around finding the group of boys gasping.
 
She ran next to them and spotted Kyo on the ground. Something wasn't right, and then she remembered. Her nightmare had looked exactly like this. Was she getting premonitions of the future or something?

Kyo had collapsed.
 
Tohru ran to seek help, and a while later Kyo had gone home, well actually Hatori had taken Shigure in his car to pick up Kyo.
 
After school, Tohru arrived home with Yuki. Her face was full of worry as she went to see Kyo still asleep in his bed.
 
She noticed Yuki couldn't care less although she could spot a slight tinge of worry in his face as well.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----
 
Finished chapter 1 of Midnight Phantom.
You might be wondering why I named it this but you'll find out as I write more.
Hope you enjoyed reading chapter 1!
Please review, it'll motivate me a little.