Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Phantom ❯ Predict the next Victim ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I'd like to thank everyone who posted a review!!!! Enjoy chapter 6
 
Chapter 6 Predict the next victim
 
Before Kureno exited he looked back at Akito.
 
“One more thing, Akito, the Sohma main house is haunted.” And with that Kureno walked off.
 
Akito sat there motionless. `Haunted? What in the world could Kureno mean?' he asked himself. Akito looked outside at the graveyard, it looked fine to him. Then he froze, his eyes lay on Ryoichi's grave, it was missing. He went downstairs and entered the graveyard looking desperately for Ryoichi's grave, but it was gone. He called to one of his servants.
 
“There's a grave missing!” Akito exclaimed.
 
“Master, sorry but I don't know what you're talking about.” The servant replied.
 
“Oh forget it!” Akito replied rudely.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
That night Tohru prepared a large room for Rin, Kagura and herself. She placed three mattresses next to each other and pulled down the curtains. She made the room more comfortable by adding warm blankets and puffy pillows. She also placed a vase of assorted fresh flowers in the room to lighten it up a bit. Rin came in wearing a black and purple night gown.
 
“Nice work.” She complimented Tohru as she looked around smiling.
 
“Why thank you.” Tohru replied happily.
 
“So are you skipping school these days?” Rin asked randomly.
 
Tohru's eyes widened. “Oh my goodness, I completely forgot about school, oh I've missed more than 2 days, what am I going to do?” She started to panic with her head low with misery.
 
“Relax will ya? Everyone's skipping school because of that bloody sickness, I don't even think I could care less about school right now, not when I see Haru …like that…” She paused on Haru's name.
 
Tohru put her arm around Rin. “It's okay, we'll get through this, Haru and the others will too. I promised Kisa I'd help as much as I could, I'm willing to do all I can to find a cure or put an end to this, and we just need to work together.”
 
“It's not like I doubt that or anything, I'm fine, I'm just angry at that darn illness.” Rin said throwing her pillow across the room giving Kagura a fright as she walked in.
 
“Watch it Rin!” Kagura groaned.
 
Rin ignored her purposely and carried on talking when Kagura interrupted her by throwing Rin's pillow back at her.
 
“Damn it Kagura, what was that for?” Rin said accusingly.
 
“People could trip over that pillow.” Kagura answered coldly.
 
“That's only if their klutzes.” Rin said scornfully.
 
“Umm…how about we go to sleep now, I don't know about you two but I'm tired and I think we need some early sleep.” Tohru tried to change the subject causing Rin and Kagura to forget about their mini argument.
 
“I guess…” Rin puffed up her pillow as Kagura went to turn off the light. Tohru laid her blanket out evenly so she could sleep comfortably. She prayed that the nightmares would vanish within that night, besides Rin and Kagura were right next to her; there was hardly anything to worry about.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
Kagura woke up yawning loudly making a loud ruffle as she got up from bed causing her to bump into Rin which made Rin wake up. Tohru was woken up by hearing Rin and Kagura arguing yet again.
 
“You just had to be so inconsiderate and unmindful waking me up like that, I was having a good dream and you ruined it.” Rin sounded even more fierce in the early hours of the day.
 
Tohru looked at the clock; it was 9:15am, so they had all slept in a little. She lay back in bed day-dreaming while Kagura and Rin continued their morning argument.
 
“It's not my fault you only fall half asleep.” Kagura pointed out.
 
“I do not!” Rin stood up giving Kagura the evil eye.
 
“Do too!” Kagura replied.
 
Tohru decided that she'd get up to make breakfast when she remembered that she herself had a wonderful sleep. No nightmares, no images, none whatsoever. Tohru suddenly waved her arms in the air and grinned. Kagura and Rin looked at Tohru as if she was mental.
 
“You won't believe this, I didn't have a nightmare!! You two are safe!”
 
“What?” Rin and Kagura said in unison.
 
“It's true, I'm so happy!!” Tohru exclaimed.
 
“You girls alright in here? It sounds like excitement.” Shigure's head popped out of nowhere.
 
“Oh Shigure, it's wonderful, I didn't have a nightmare.” Tohru told him as Shigure listened making sure he was hearing the right words.
 
“Well that's great news, I'll tell Aya and Hari right away.” He ran off as Tohru could hear him calling out Ayame and Hatori's name out loud. Tohru sighed, it had been a while since she actually had some peaceful sleep and now that she knew Kagura and Rin would be safe, life would be less frustrating.
 
She decided to visit all the sick people; Kyo, Yuki, Momiji, Haru, Hiro and Kisa. Her face fell when she noticed that they were in the exact same condition as they were the previous days. Tohru sat down next to Kyo's bed as she held onto his hand tightly.
 
“How are you Kyo? I promise you I will find a way to remove the illness. Please stay strong for the time being, I'm trying my best.” Tohru told him even though she wasn't sure if he could hear her or not.
 
She left the building making her way into the kitchen finding a beautiful set of food laid out on the table for eight people. She stared in amazement. Who made all this food? She browsed the selection. There were lemon pancakes, rice balls, eggs, sponge cake, orange juice, muffins and more. Tohru's eyes lit up and her mouth started to water. Then she spotted Kureno behind the Kitchen counter cooking.
 
“Good morning Tohru.” He greeted her with a friendly face.
 
“Morning Kureno, wow did you make all this food?” Tohru questioned.
 
Kureno nodded. “This is incredible, you are such a good cook and I never realised until now.” Tohru admired the table.
 
“Dig in; I'll just call the others to come eat.” Kureno signalled her.
 
“Thank you so much.” Tohru sat down and started to drink her orange juice as Shigure, Ayame, Hatori, Ritsu, Rin and Kagura arrived and took a seat along with Kureno. They ate without hesitation as the food was irresistible both in presentation and taste.
 
“This is delicious Kureno, why I was so surprised, are you sure you didn't ask for the cook's help?” Shigure asked with a goofy grin.
 
“No, I have my own cook book.” Kureno replied proudly.
 
“So Tohru, I've heard that you didn't have a nightmare last night.” Hatori looked at Tohru.
 
“It is true, it's a good thing though, and I never thought I'd get rid of those horrid dreams until now.” Tohru gleamed.
 
A few seconds after Tohru spoke, Kagura suddenly started to choke on her food, she coughed and coughed as Rin who was sitting next to her, tried to help her breath by whacking her on the back hard. Everybody crowded around Kagura, Hatori trying to figure out what to do. Rin noticed Kagura's eyes had started to water as she needed air, her face had become a shade of blue. By the time they had gotten Kagura to breathe, she passed out shortly making it obvious that she had also caught the sickness.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
 
I hope chapter 6 was enjoyable. Chapter 7 might be a delay as I still have upcoming exams, but I'm thankful as this is the last week of term 2, next week is the holidays and I'd be spending some holiday time in Melbourne and Alice Springs, Australia. Have fun and `Be safe'