Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ My Son ❯ Did You Know? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“It's all right...I love you little one.”
 
“I won't let anyone see you.”
 
“No one look…”
 
“Don't look…”
 
“I don't want you to see…”
 
“…my child…”
 
 
Did You Know?
 
 
Does he know? Does he know how much I truly love him? Kyo, do you honestly think I can't stand the sight of you? I know…I realize I don't look you in the eye, that I always, constantly check your beads. But did you know I'm trying to protect you? I don't want you hurt…for you to feel the pain of the world. To be scorned. I'm not doing a good job am I?
 
Akito, he…he doesn't understand. He may the closest thing to a god the juunishi have, but he doesn't know what it's like to be the cat. What it's like for me to be the cat's mother…
 
I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. You know I love you, I could never hate you. I could never…
 
*
 
“It's disgusting.”
 
“This is Kyo's true form?”
 
“His bodies all warped and ugly.”
 
“And what's that smell? He sells terrible.”
 
“Is this…”
 
“…the cat spirit's…”
 
“…true form?”
 
“It's disgusting.”
 
 
*
 
Did you know I'm afraid? It's true. I'm afraid of you, of what you turn into, what could happen when you look like that. I'm afraid of what would happen if someone were to remove those beads, those beads made of bone and blood…Would they run from you? Would they stay? Or would they completely reject you? God knows how many times that thought has run trough my mind. Yes, I have thought of it, asking Hatori-kun to erase my memories, but I don't want you to hate me. I don't want…
 
I've just realized that you already do. You hate me because I'm forcing my one-sided love on you. I don't want you to be lonely, but I don't want you to hate me. What can I do? What do you want me to do?
 
I-I couldn't tell you that I'm afraid, no, I could never do that. Because then you would really hate me then.
 
*
“Kyo...what's wrong?”
 
“Did something happen again?”
 
“Did Akito say something?”
 
“It's all right.”
 
“Mommy loves you.”
 
*
 
You can't see it, can you? How much I love you. I can see it now, as I make sure your wearing your beads. I watch as you look away, wanting with all your might to flinch away from me, but using all your will to stay still. To make it through this daily routine.
 
I want to smile at how stubborn you are, but it makes me sad. How can you not see how your indifference is affecting me? Do you really hate me that much?
 
You know it's during these times that I'm able to look at you fully. I see you orange tinged hair, it'll probably be a full-fledged orange by the time you a teenager, and your large red eyes. You'll be handsome enough to rival Yuki-san when you two are older, do you know that?
 
I'll let you out today; you'll want to play with Kagura-chan. She really likes you, doesn't she?
 
 
*
 
“Akito's wrong. You are human, like everyone else.”
 
“You're just under an evil spell for a little while that makes you turn into that.”
 
“As proof, look…”
 
“You changed right back.”
 
 
*
 
It was true when I said that that day. You are under an evil spell for a while; you are human, just like everyone else. One day, you'll find someone who will realize that, who will see your ugliness and embrace it. Who will be afraid, but will refuse to leave you. Unlike Kagura-chan. Unlike me…
 
*
 
“It`s all right.”
 
“I'm not scared a bit.”
 
“You're my son and I'm so proud of you.”
 
“You're so cute, I won't let any one else see you.”
 
*
 
I'm not scared any more; not one bit. I wish I could keep people from seeing you, seeing you in that form, but I can't. I wish I could have kept you safe, kept them from hurting you like everyone else. Like Kagura; like Akito; like Yuki; like me…
 
*
 
“No, I love you.”
 
“If it would help, your mother...”
 
“...would die for you.”
 
*
 
Kyo, please be happy, wherever this life will lead you. Don't let my mistakes be the bane of your existence, of your decisions from now on. Just because you were the cat doesn't mean you should suffer, that you should be alone, that you are worthless and a burden to others. I loved you Kyo, loved like I always told you, though it was always portrayed poorly. Don't listen to your Father, or Akito, or Yuki, as I know he will be just as harsh as our family head, but listen to those who love you, cherish you, who want to be together always. And I'll support you and remain proud of you no matter what, because I love you Kyo.
 
 
There was a gun shot and young women crumpled to the floor, her ownblood pooling around her still form from the wound in her head. Her blood was red, red like the eyes of the child she had brought into this world, like the eyes of the boy she had tried to raise with all the might she had, like the eyes of the boy she had tried to protect from the harshness of the world. It was red; red like the eyes of an angry cat who felt she had no right to love him.
 
“Did you know your mother loved you Kyo? No, I guess not.”
 
 
Fin
 
 
If I get enough reviews, I might do a follow up. If you want an extra chapter, please review so we can get another take on it or something of the like. And as you've probably guessed, I used quotes from volume 6, so I thought that might add more effect. Anyway, read and review if you want another chapter. ^_^