Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ My true feelings for Tohru ❯ That shocking night ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
Chapter 1
 
 
 
AznRockerBabi: Hello Peoples! Welcome to the first chapter for my story. Please understand that I don't own any characters here. Sorry this story is based on the continuation from the ending of the anime Fruits Basket. Not the manga so you won't get lost. This story will not be very long but it I more then one chapter so please enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /div>
 
 
 
Hello, my name is Yuki Sohma. I live in a dojo with my cousin Shiguro. We both live alone together and it seems pretty quiet and peaceful here. All I do is plant my own special flowers, go to school, and hang out somewhere where I can be in peace. I'm 21 years old and I just graduated from my last year of college. Life has been pretty normal lately. Of course, the whole Sohma family visits after a while to hang out so it doesn't make me feel lonely. But when it's only just Shiguro and me alone in the house it feels really empty. Oh how I miss my high school days with all my old friends, but the one person I really missed the most was a girl named Tohru Honda.
 
It has been years since the day she moved away from here to move on with her life. She wasn't anyone special or a famous celebrity. She was just an original girl from my high school who has lost her family in a tragic accident and we found her living in a tent so she decided to live with us. After a while we felt happier with her around in our house. She would always cheer me up when I was down and always smile at me even if I did something wrong. Her smile was the beautiful thing I ever laid eyes on. Tohru has changed the ways of my family and always put us before her. Even if I had this curse that turned me into my own zodiac sign animal every time someone hugged me, she would make me no different from anybody else.
 
 
I haven't heard from her for a while and I wonder what she is doing now. I hope she is doing well in Tokyo. She dreams to be successful like what her mother said before she lost her in her very young age. I really miss the way she looks. I miss the way she always looked at me with a happy face. I always saw her everyday waking up to the sunrise cooking and cleaning. Tohru never seemed to be bothered by anything. She was always so calm and gentle to everything she got involved with. We were all like family but I saw her in a different way. Something I just couldn't explain. There was a feeling in my heart that just suddenly affects me every time I laid eyes on her. I don't understand this feeling for her.
 
 
Sometimes when I was alone with her people would always ask us if we were a couple or a couple of lovebirds. But I don't know if that was case. When Tohru talked to me it seemed as if she wanted to always stay by my side all time. I don't know how she reacts to my face because it sometimes gets red when I talk to her. I can't explain these emotions that I'm feeling inside. Does this mean I was in love with her and still am today?
 
I think about her day and night even though she isn't living here anymore. She's always in my mind wherever I go even though it's been years; I still can't get over her. The pale face she had, the brown silky hair, and those beautiful green eyes that always looked at me with pleasure. I can't seem to keep my thoughts from her. Why? I mean should I still
be having these feelings? What if she already forgot about her old high school days? Maybe she is already happy with the life she has now? I don't know what to do. I wish I could've just told her my feelings when I was young when I had a lot of chances. Now those chances are gone.
 
 
That night I lay down in bed trying to get away from all the stress and work I did today from garden shopping and all the studying I did. It was such a gloomy day and Shiguro was always at his desk typing up his next story before his crazy editor enters and pleads desperately to have his work finished.
 
It was very quiet and all I heard was the crickets chirping outside and stars twinkling across the night sky. Soon, I felt my eyes about to close for a real good sleep. I could then get my mind of her for a while.
 
It was only a little while till I awoke from the sound of the phone ring going off. I wonder who would be calling in the middle of the night. I got out of my bed and picked it up.
 
“Hello?”
 
It was Momiji in the other line. He had told me to come out of the house because he said he wants to show Shiguro and me something we will really like. Shiguro was already waiting for me outside the door. I followed him outside and met Momiji and Haru waiting for us. I wonder what their surprise would be for us. Especially in the middle of the night.
 
“What is it you wanted to show us?” I asked
 
“Well we figured you missed her so here she is” Momiji answered
 
Soon, someone suddenly appeared behind them. It was someone that looked very familiar. Then the one eye that glanced immediately at her got me into a complete shock.
AznRockerBabi: Hey peoples! This is the end of chapter 1. Sorry if some grammer is bad. I will revise it all when I get to finish this story. For now review! Please thank you!