Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Pink Frills, Cheap Thrills ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Furuba.

Author's note: Well, once again, this has been co-written with my dear friend Ali. 50% credit goes to her. I would like to send a huge shout out of thanks to her. ^^ Also, I would like to thank her for editing and coding this story. *Can't take any more projects to detail at the moment* For those of you who are reading it, we finished writing Blood, I've Wept, and now it's sitting on my computer waiting for me to finish editing and uploading it. For those of you who aren't, go do so as soon as you finish reading this. ^^ And now, I present to you, Pink Frill, Cheap Thrills for your enjoyment! ^_____^

Yours always,

-Aubrey- (Aubreys_Master)

Story Warnings: Slash, shouta-con, coarse language, cross-dressing, and characters being generally emotionally volatile.

Chapter Warnings: Not much here…coarse language, cross-dressing, emotional volatility, and just plain unpleasant situations, but not much that you actually need to be warned for…enjoy!

Pink Frills,

Cheap Thrills.

A Fruits Basket Fan-fiction Co-write.

Chapter One-

That was quite possibly, the most unpleasant task Akito had ever asked him to do. Poor Hatori thought this as he ran a nervous hand through his hair, pushing it up and away from his eyes. Tohru Honda lay unconscious at his feet... And he'd just erased her memory. Why had Akito asked him to do this anyways..? He didn't even know. Something had made the little head angry, and this was the result. The doctor and Shigure had both tried desperately to convince Akito NOT to do this. But had he listened? Of course not! Hatori was genuinely worried about the girl, but he knew his friend just needed her in his sick little game with Akito. Anyways, that wasn't too important now. What was important, was that Kureno was picking her up and taking her to Arisa's. All that left Hatori with… Was explaining this to all his younger cousins…

~*~

Who were, by the way, back at Shigure's pacing. Or, rather, Yuki was pacing. Kyou was punching... something. Yuki wasn't really paying attention. He could just hear the thumping of fist on...whatever it was. He wasn't even sure he wanted to know what Akito had wanted. All he knew was that they had gotten a call earlier saying that Shigure should bring Tohru to the Main House...and then they had gone, and there had been no news since.

~*~

"Be careful with her..." Ha'ri barked after the rooster and turned an accusing eye on Shigure even though he knew it wasn't the dog's fault either. Shigure took it all in stride and smiled. Of all the times to smile... This is not one of them. But then again, this is Shigure.

"It's not my fault Haa-san." he shrugged, and said exactly what Hatori already knew! He knew that dammit! But this was so horrible… As if reading his thoughts, Shigure spoke again. "Don't think on it Haa-san. We just have to do what Akito-san says, we can't help it so I don't really think it becomes bad karma." The dog had no room to talk… He was such a cold bastard; he had enough bad karma to make a child molester weak in the knees. Hatori shook his head without a word and stalked out of the room. He needed to report to Akito… Then he'd be driving Shigure back to his house and telling Yuki and Kyou what had happened. Luckily, Akito didn't want to chat. When he heard that Miss Honda was FINALLY out of the way, he just dismissed Hatori and promptly proceeded to smile, laugh, and even gloat. It made the older man sick… He hurried out of that room and he and Shigure out into the car.

~*~

Yuki was sure he was about to have an asthma attack from nerves when he caught sight of an approaching car. Kyou stopped punching what turned out to be a tree, and ran past him---not that he wasn't close behind.

"Where is she?" The two boys demanded in unison when they recognized Hatori's car, and that Tohru wasn't getting out of it.

"She's with Arisa-chan right now." Shigure offered, since he was the first out of the car. The dragon came out the other side somberly and looked at them quite seriously.

"Let's go inside and sit down." No one in his or her right mind would argue with him after the way he said that. Kyou was about to, but Yuki glared at him and whapped him on the back of the head, before following the two adults inside. The cat followed shortly too. He was just as worried as Yuki, Damnit all!

~*~

Once they were settled inside the house, Hatori sighed darkly. This really was horrible. The dog tried patting his head comforting as he went to make some tea, but was only met with a dark green glare. It was a few very tense moments before Hatori decided on what he wanted to say.

"Honda-kun won't be coming back. Akito-san ordered me to erase her memory this afternoon." Honesty is the best policy.

"Say WHAT?" Kyou yelped, staring at him like he had an extra head. Yuki's reaction was much more quiet, however. He hadn't actually been sitting down yet, and at this point turned sharply on his heels and ran wordlessly for the stairs. The doctor watched after the little rat remorsefully... He really... really wished it didn't have to be like this.

"We're going to need to get her things out of here soon. Her grandfather has already been notified."

"Of what?" Kyou demanded, jumping up too. Though, his was instinctive, not from intention to go follow Yuki. "How do you explain something like this?"

"She was allowed to keep that first day she was here. She'll remember that she was being maid for you. But now that her services are no longer required, she will be moving back in with her grandfather." Hatori sighed dryly. "It's not very difficult to explain Kyou."

"I MEANT how are you gonna explain it to her grandfather, smart ass!"

"Exactly as I said Kyou. She's decided to move back home, since she's no longer needed as a maid here." He chose to ignore that smart-ass comment...

"Feh," He twitched and stomped off for the roof. It wasn't that he wasn't just as upset as Yuki, he just---like last time Tohru had left---had a different way of expressing it...

'Tch... So much for helping me get her things.' Hatori thought sourly and rested his face in his hands for a moment. Shigure brought him a cup of tea and it helped calm him down a little bit.

"We'll move her things tomorrow... I can't do it now." the dragon had finally decided. "Make sure Yuki is okay... Kyou too. I'm going home now." He needed a little time to sulk and really feel bad about this. His friend nodded and made a note to check on the boys later. Later, though. Right now he doubted either of them would be pleased to see him.

~*~

While Kyou was apparently determined to burn out his retinas by staring at the sky, Yuki had retreated to Tohru's room, and was lying on her bed, sulking depressed. He had no intention of moving, either. Until something caught his eye. Tohru's school uniform was folded neatly on the corner of her bed. It was a bad idea, and he knew it, but despite that, he still grabbed it, examining it closely. It didn't look TOO hard to get on...

~*~

Upon returning to his home Hatori was informed, by Kureno, that Miss Honda had been safely deposited. That eased him somewhat... He thanked Kureno and went into his house. He silently prayed that gossip would get around to the other children so he wouldn't be the one to explain.

~*~

Either way, Shigure sat downstairs in his study. Writing pen and note pad out... Tohru was gone... He'd work on a new scheme until he went to check on the children.

~*~

Well, Yuki mused fifteen minutes later. Maybe skirts weren't as easy to get into as they looked...

~*~

Shigure gave both boys a good half hour to cool down after hearing such... Unpleasant news. He knew they were both very fond of Tohru. He had been too, but some of his reasons had been a little different. Anyways, he padded up the stairs at a languid pace and went a-Yuki-huntin'.

~*~

Yuki finally figured out which side was back, and sat back down on the bed, not even paying attention to the footsteps coming up the stairs. Even if he had, he probably would have just thought it was Kyou anyway.

Not in his own room... Not in Kyou-kun's room... No one would dare be in his room... Not in the bathroom. That only really leaves Tohru-kun's room, Shigure reasoned. If Yuki was in there... He might be a bit more depressed about this than the dog had first anticipated, so he knocked gently on the door.

"Yuki-kun?" Yuki jumped and blushed furiously. He'd barely gotten the damn outfit on, how the hell was he supposed to get it back off before Shigure came in...Only thing to do is...hide! Or, maybe he should panic?

A little concerned when no answer came the man opened to door and peered in. The sight before him started with a broad grin. Then a few snickers, which turned into many... Then poor Shigure was about to asphyxiate with laughter. Yuki blushed a lot, shrinking down into the plush mattress a little. He COULD have had better timing...

"D-don't worry Yuki-kun!" he sobbed and choked out in between fits of laughter. "You-you look very very pretty!"

If it was possible, Yuki's blush darkened, and he twitched a little, fingers fisting around the fluffy pink comforter. Poor Yuki had to put up with that for what seemed like forever before Shigure even so much as thought about not laughing. He wiped the tears of mirth away from his eyes eventually though as he calmed down. "Well, Haa-san told me to make sure both you and Kyou-kun are all right." he offered as explanation to why he was up here in the first place.

"Oh." Yuki blinked, still rather red and trying to pretend like this was normal. But, well, it wasn't normal, so that made it harder to pretend that it was.

"Ah... If you've taken to dressing in drag I do so wonder how Kyou-chan is going to handle this..." the (evil) dog mused with a very large smile.

"You're far too calm about this." Yuki commented, falling forward so that the bed muffled his voice.

"Yes, our lovely flower is gone... Leaving us three dirty men alone in this house... Whatever shall we do?" Shigure chuckled. "But, there's nothing to be done and we lived well enough before she came along anyways."

"Good, Mister Optimism," Yuki snorted sarcastically. "You get to try and convince Kyou to do the cooking, then."

"He will or he'll starve." The dog nodded sagely.

"Why aren't you more upset that Akito had that done to her?" Yuki asked him, peeking out of the material at him.

"I can't do anything about it. And she's actually not been hurt." he shrugged.

"Principle." He grunted unhappily. Well, that and he had just lost his only real friend...

"I don't have many of those." Shigure snickered a little. He really didn't. Few morals and probably even fewer principles.

"Must be nice." He grumbled, frowning glumly.

"I assure you," Shigure agreed. "It is. Everything but the massive stack of bad karma. But I don't mind that one bit."

"Hatori said that she'd be allowed to remember that first day, right?" Yuki wanted to know, watching the dog curiously.

"Yes, we talked Akito-san into that, it made it much easier to explain that she was moving back in with her grandfather."

"So...does she remember about the curse?"

"No." the dog stated flatly. "Akito-san plain out didn't like her, but he also didn't want her knowing about it any longer."

"So, that means she doesn't remember Kyou or anyone else either."

"Correct."

"They're...not going to like that." he pointed out quietly.

"Well, again there's nothing I can do about." He sniggered. "And Haa-san is in charge of explaining it to everyone."

"That's nice of you."

"No, no, nice FOR me, Yuki-kun." Shigure corrected.

"You have no shame."

"Correct."

~*~

"Yu...kiii," Kyou blinked at him over dinner that night. "Why are you wearing a dress?"

"Because." Was all he got out of the again blushing rat, though one could note he wasn't getting up to go change either.

"Whatever," The cat scoffed, deciding that he really didn't want to know what made mice crossdress. "I don't care, rat boy."

"Good."

Their conversation was clipped and tense, anyone could tell that they weren't exactly happy about something. Shigure sniggered helplessly in the background. A lull in the rat and cat's conversation made a good space for Shigure.

"So, Kyou-kun. You being the only one who can cook... We would be quite honored if you were to do so now that the flower has left us." he stated, making some very much faked puppy eyes at the red head. He's so sensitive isn't he... Tohru's gone, so let's hurry up and replace her with Kyou-kun of all people.

"Why the hell should I cook for you two bastards?" The irate cat demanded.

"Mmm maybe so... you don't starve?" the dog offered. "Because you see... If I'm not eating the food you're cooking, I see no reason to buy it. And if there's no food here, then I shall just take Yuki-kun out to eat." He grinned, "Leaving you behind in a very much foodless house?"

"So? Hire someone!" He suggested loudly. "Or, better yet, make girly boy over there cook! HE could use the practice!"

"Ah yes... Yuki-kun's cooking should be another incentive, Kyou-kun." Shigure smiled. "It's quite bad. And why should I hire someone if... You could do it?"

"Maybe because Akito would be the one paying for it?" So, Yuki noted silently, Kyou had come up with a revenge tactic?

"He wouldn't do it Kyou-kun." Shii-chan sighed. "He's not going to take anymore risks with people finding out about the curse by letting us get a maid, just because you won't cook." he sweat dropped a little. "It's not like I'm asking you to clean... That will end up being Yuki-kun and I's job... Even though... Yuki-kun is fairly bad at that as well..." That resulted in little more than Kyou getting up and stomping into the kitchen, and Yuki hitting him on the head. The dog rubbed his head a little where Yuki had hit him and made a wounded face. But held his tongue for a moment. That conversation had gone a bit smoother than he'd actually been expecting.

The rest of the night went similarly. And later that night, an unusually subdued Kyou watched Yuki enter Tohru's room, instead of the rat's own. Yuki was taking this worse than he was---not that Kyou was in such great emotional shape himself.

~*~

Shigure noted where the rat went as well, and made a mental note to keep a close eye on the boy... No, both boys. It wouldn't do for them to stay depressed. Now he could excuse it. He didn't quite feel it himself, but he could imagine their emotional states. But they should get over it.

~*~

The next morning, it took the Jaws of Life themselves to get Yuki to wake up. Even when he did, he had a bit of a dilemma. His pride was telling him to get up and go into his room, get his pants on and haul ass off to school. However, another part of him was whispering about how Tohru's uniform smelled like her, and it was ALMOST---not quite, but almost---like she was...holding him, sort of. Unfortunately, even after he'd decided, he still had to figure his way around that skirt...again.

~*~

When the children woke up, they came down to find Hatori already in their living room. He looked a little crappy... Maybe because his guilt had kept him up for a good part of the night? Anyways he was discussing something with the dog on the couch, and neither of the men noticed that the other residents of the house were awake. Kyou was trying to decide whether he should be sick or amused by Yuki sudden fetish with wearing girls clothing, but shoved both ideas from his head when he noticed that Hatori was in the living room. Part of him wanted to stop Yuki from going in there dressed like that, but most of him wanted to see the little rat get what he deserved. Hatori blinked over at Yuki a little when he saw what the boy was wearing... But he also noticed it was something of Tohru's. He knew how that was; to want something that reminds you of her... But he'd never gone so far as to wear Kana's clothes. He thought maybe he should warn the little rat against wearing it to school... But just shook his head and resumed what he was saying to Shigure. Whatever made Yuki happy?

"What're you two talkin' about?" Kyou wanted to know, ignoring Yuki as the boy wandered off to see if there was anything in the kitchen to eat for breakfast that there was no possible way to burn.

"How to get Honda-kun's things over to her grandfather's. It won't all fit in my car, and it will take a lot of trips back and forth if we only use my car." the dragon answered with a shrug.

"We're wondering whether we want to call Aaya or not." Shigure clarified.

"Depends on how pissed you want Yuki with you." The cat shrugged. He could leave for the afternoon, it didn't matter to him.

"That is part of the problem, yes." Hatori replied dryly.

"Haa-san, technically we could have Kureno help us." Shigure reminded him with a shrug.

"Yes... That's true. But Akito-san might not want to spare him, so let's use him as a last resort." the doctor answered. Even though honestly he just didn't want to face Akito more than absolutely necessary. And it wasn't absolutely necessary yet.

"If we keep Aaya busy with the moving... It shouldn't bother Yuki too much." Well... That pretty much decided it. Shigure went to call the snake over to help with the afternoons moving.

~*~

Haru blinked. Repeatedly. Was Yuki wearing what he thought he was? True, on his first day there, he'd told the student body president to imagine Yuki in the girls' uniform, but he'd never actually thought that the rat would do it! (Especially since he'd threatened to disown the Ox when he'd brought up the idea.) Momiji was also very impressed... Yuki looked so pretty. He tugged excitedly on his friends sleeve to get his attention.

"He looks very pretty doesn't he Haaaru?" he cooed. The little blonde bunny was about to drag the ox over there so they could both greet Yuki and tell him how pretty he looked.

"Uh...huh..." Haru blinked a few more times, watching his cousin attempt to get his books out and skirt down at the same time. Haru wasn't the only one who was staring at Yuki. In fact, most of the school was. Fortunately for Yuki, by so far into his school life, he was already used to being stared at, and only had a slightly more self-conscious than usual air to him as he went about his day. But, back to Haru, who was trying very hard to not drool at his beloved and his mini-skirt.

"Come on, Haru!" his little bunny friend giggled and helped the distracted Ox get over to the rat. "Gooood Morning, Yuki!" Momiji chirped once they got over there, still holding happily onto the taller white haired boys arm. He looked up at said boy with amusement. "Say good morning, Haru." He instructed as if he were talking to a four year old.

"Good morning, Haru." The Ox quoted obediently. Yuki twitched at his cousin's blatant ogling. "Uh---I mean, morning, Yuki." The white haired boy sweat dropped, making a weak attempt at covering his own ass.

"You look nice, Yuki. Did you borrow it from Tohru?" Momiji also tried to save his poor friend by changing the subject.

"Something like that." He mumbled, feeling less cheerful than he had before. He hadn't seen Tohru yet, but she might just be in the classroom with her friends...

"We saw Tohru earlier," the rabbit noted absently. "She was here waaaay before you and Kyou. Her friends spotted her and FWOOOM they like kidnapped her and took her off... Somewhere..." He was making some very excited gesticulations as he explained this.

"She made it then..." He mused to himself, only half aware that the other two were still there. Momiji blinked at him in confusion, but of course... Haru wouldn't notice... None of his blood or oxygen was going to his brain, so he wouldn't. He could almost hear the draining sound. The rabbit noted this with a slight annoyance, something was bothering the rat but the ox couldn't notice it.

"How come you didn't come to school with Tohru and Kyou like usual, Yuki?" he asked curiously.

"I DID come with Kyou." He corrected softly, snapping back to reality. Unlike Momiji's assumption, Haru was very aware of Yuki's distress. He just didn't have anything to say. "But...Honda-san's not living with us anymore." He stated very quietly.

"What? W-why not? Where else is she going to live?" the bunny asked, quite shocked. He'd heard from Shigure about how things had been before she moved in with them.

"With her grandfather." He answered Momiji's last question first, hoping that he wouldn't catch that he'd skipped the why question. The blonde frowned, indeed not catching the skipped part of the question.

"Is she gonna need our help moving her things??"

"Shigure, Hatori, and Niisan are going to do it." He informed the sad little bunny. Haru, however, had caught it expertly. That answer just made the rabbit's mood plummet farther. If she was leaving... He at least wanted to help... But he jumped and meeped when the first bell rang.

"I'm gonna go to class, bye, Yuki! Haru... Try not to be late, and no skipping either!" Momiji tried to be commanding as he scooted off to his classroom. Yuki was in a skirt... He wasn't about to try and FORCE the Ox away from that sight.

"Uh---yeah, bye." He waved to the boys, before going off for his own classroom. When he got there, the first thing he noticed was that Tohru was bidding a temporary good-bye to Hanajima and Uotani, and the second was that Kyou was no where to be found. The orange haired boy showed up just in time before the second bell rang. (He'd been hiding out on the roof.)

~*~

Tohru spent the day quit oblivious to the goings on around her. When Kureno had brought the unconscious Tohru to her apartment Uo'd been annoyed. The rooster explained VERY vaguely and then left. So the poor Yankee had done the only thing she could think of and called Hana. The two of them spent a good half hour trying to figure out what was wrong with her. But a mentioning of carrot top got the following reaction.

"Hmm?" clueless blinking. "Who's that?" A few more questions found she didn't remember any of the Sohma's she'd so recently befriended except Princey Himself. Mystery solved. Kinda... They'd have to ask the purple haired little freak what was up... But it's hard to have a serious conversation with a guy in... One of Tohru's skirts? Great...

"Arisa," Hanajima addressed Uo quietly when Yuki first reentered the room. "Is Yuki Sohma wearing what I think he is?"

"I do believe." Uotani nodded, eyeing him carefully. "He's got some nice legs though..." She added with a slight snicker.

"He...shaved them." The Goth girl noted with some interest.

"Yeah, so he did... I wonder what Tohru will think when she sees that..."

"She'll probably wonder why he's wearing a dress to begin with..."

"That is a very legitimate question." The blonde girl agreed. "Perhaps he lost a bet with carrot top? Unlikely... Maybe he lost a bet to someone else..."

"Perhaps..." She agreed. "Of course, if you want to know the truth, you COULD just ask him." She pointed out with a raised eyebrow. "There is a chance he'll tell the truth."

"There is a chance. Care to join me as some extra motivation to tell the truth?" She stood up and headed over to the little cross dressing mouse. "Yo, Princey. What's up?"

"Uotani-san?" He blinked up at her, then over at Hana. "Hanajima-san? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about..." Well, playing dumb was one way to achieve several effects...

"We're just wondering about the skirt. Since... we know Tohru will be interested to know when she gets back in here. Figured we might save a little time and ask you now." The fish explained with a smirk and a shrug.

"Oh." He blushed...again. This certainly was an embarrassing way to deal with loosing a friend... "That. Um...I can't really give you an answer that you can give her, Uotani-san." She raised one of her amazingly slender eyebrows at him.

"Are you gonna say the same thing to her when she comes over here to ask you?"

"Well...the plan was to sit here and hope she didn't ask." He sighed, trying to act as naturally as possible.

"Not gonna happen Princey."

"Personal crisis?" He offered weakly.

"That's not much better. She'll insist on worrying about you." Uotani sighed. "Look, Sohma. I'm willing to tell her you just lost a bet, if you're willing to offer up any information as to why she's moving back in with her crappy family and why she doesn't remember carrot top or any of your other cousins." A dark and pained look flashed across his face, and he suddenly refused to look at them. Hanajima felt a sudden spike of hurt and sadness in his waves at the same time.

"She...won't remember."

Uo simply scowled at him.

"That's not very helpful."

"Please, Uotani-san," He sighed, feeling thoroughly sad now. "I'm not..." He frowned and then added with quite a lot of bitter emphasis. "I'm not ALLOWED to tell you how it happened."

"He said something like that too." the fish hissed, referring to Kureno, and sounding very, very annoyed.

"Then you should believe me!" He pointed out defensively. "Really---it's Sohma business."

"Tohru obviously isn't hurt... So I'll let you off the hook for now. But if anything else happens to her..." The Yankee threatened before fuming back to her seat.

"No..." He shook his head. "If anything, it should protect her. She's out of our mess now." The third and final bell to class sounded and all the stragglers came careening in. Except Tohru of course. She walked like a good girl. Since she needed to sit down, she could only offer Yuki a short wave and a smile as greeting. She was wondering if that red haired boy was whom Uo and Hana had been talking about the night before though... And... Why Sohma-kun was wearing a skirt of course... But after admonishing herself for a moment she began to pay attention to class. For the most part.

~*~

However, lunch came, and Haru couldn't. Pay attention, that is. To much of anything. Yuki Sohma...was in a skirt. A short one too. It was the secret fantasy of every student in the school---and quite a few teachers too, he suspected. However, be that as it may, Yuki's lack of pants couldn't distract him from the fact that something was making his cousin sad, and he wouldn't tell anyone what.

"Haaaaaaru." The poor bunny had been trying to get through to him for almost a minute now. "HAAAAAAAAARU. You're about to--- HARU. Oh never mind..." He watched as the ox toppled over in his chair. Momiji shook his head helplessly and popped some of his lunch into his mouth, waiting for his cousin to pick himself back up and come back to the real world. God knows when that will be... Yuki winced as his cousin did this, but as Haru was already picking himself up, the rat got back to the task of...yes...figuring out how to sit without showing his underwear! It was really very funny... Yuki looked so pretty in the skirt, but he could tell he would have trouble with it. And Haru had run into god knows how many people on the way to lunch with Yuki. (That was funny to watch too.) The blonde giggled as he watched them both.

"Sit flat, straight up, knees together Yuki." he finally managed to get out between giggles, he is the master of all things cute after all. And Yuki in a skirt falls into his realm of power.

"Thank you." He sighed, obeying.

To Be Continued…