Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Reaching Out For Love ❯ Part Four: Fight ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Reaching Out For Love   Authors: DuosAngel and foxmagic07 Pairings: Haru/Yuki, Kyo/Tohru, hints of Shigure/Ayame Warnings: sap, yaoi, het, humor, romance, angst, POV Disclaimer: Neither of us own Fruits Basket but desperately wish we did.     Part Four: Fight   ~Yuki~ ‘Damnit why couldn’t he just go home.’ I think as Haru slams me against the side of the house. (Flashback) I’m surprised to see Haru standing at the front door. I don’t stop walking and he moves out of the way but follows me outside. It isn’t until we’re at the side of the house that I turn to face him.   “Damnit Haru leave me alone.” I say.   “No.” He answers stonily.   “Why not?” I demand.   “I want to fight you.” Now I’m really surprised. Haru can’t even beat Kyo, what makes him think he can beat me?   “Don’t be stupid.” I say. “You can’t win against me.”   “You don’t know that.” He says. “And don’t call me stupid.” My mouth forms the cruel smirk from before even as a part of my brain begs me not to say what I’m thinking about saying. Haru can’t love me, it’s too dangerous. I have to make him hate me.   “But you are stupid Haru.” I say. “Everyone knows that. Stupid Haru the Ox, that’s who you are.” I can’t really say what happened next. One minute I’m standing and the next I’m flat on my back looking at the stars. I don’t have time to think about it though because Haru pulls me up by the collar of my shirt and slams me against the side of the house. (End flashback) “Why?” He asks angrily. “Why are you acting like this Yuki? It isn’t like you.”   “How the hell do you know what I’m like?” I say, my voice cracking. “Just because you think you love me doesn’t mean you know me.”   “Think? Think?!” Haru shouts. “I know I love you.”   “You can’t love me!” I scream. “No one can love me!” I feel strange. Like I’m standing on the edge of a cliff and I’m about to fall.   “Why can’t I love you?!”   “Because Akito will kill you!” And with that, I’m falling…… ~Haru~ Because Akito will kill you! One sentence and all my anger melts away. How could I have been so blind? Of course Yuki would think that, especially after what happened to Kisa(1).   “Yuki…” I couldn’t think of anything else to say. Damn Akito, doesn’t that bastard ever get tired of screwing with Yuki’s head. “Yuki I’m sure Akito would never-“   “Yes he would.” Yuki said interrupting me. “He said that if I fell in love with someone or if someone fell in love with me he’d kill them. He kill them right in front of me.” Then Yuki did something I’ve never seen him do. He started to cry.   ~Yuki~ I can’t believe I’m crying. I haven’t cried since…since…god I can’t even remember. Everything around me is a blur. Except for Haru. He’s still clear as ever. I feel his arms wrap around me and I collapse against him. Wait, I shouldn’t be doing this. I’m putting him in danger.   “Let go.” I say but he just tightens his arms. “Let me go.” I try to push him away but my arms are trapped between him and me. Damnit doesn’t he understand?   “I’ll keep you safe.” He says softly. “I won’t let anyone hurt you anymore.” Shit, why does he have to start talking like that now?   “Please Haru.” I say weakly. “Please let me go.”   “I’ll never let you go.” He says tilting my head up so that I’m looking at him. “I love you Yuki.” I sigh and finally give in. It’s too late now anyways.   “I love you too.”   ~Haru~ I can’t remember ever being this happy. Yuki loves me. Yuki loves me. I pick him up and spin him around.   “Haru!” He gasps. “P-put me down!” I laugh and set him down. I’m grinning like a lunatic and he smiles shyly at me. He so damn cute, I can’t help but lean down and kiss him. He gasps and I slid my tongue into his mouth. Heaven. Yuki tastes like heaven.   ~Yuki~ I gasp when Haru kisses me and his tongue slips into my mouth. My first kiss. I never imagined that it would feel this good. I wonder if kissing is always this good or if it’s just because it’s Haru I’m kissing. ‘I’m kissing Haru.” The thought alone is enough to make me sigh with pleasure.   He pulls away and smiles at me. I can’t help but smile back at him. “Please god.” I think laying my head on Haru’s shoulder. “Please let this moment last forever.”       DuosAngel: Well, one more chapter to go. Please review.   (1): See volume seven for details.