Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Reckless ❯ Reckless ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reckless
 
By: RedHairRurouniFan
 
Author's Notes: So, another fic. This time on Fruits Basket. It's in Tohru's POV, when she runs after Kyo when he transforms into his true form. I seem to like to linger on bittersweet moments in books. Anyway, enjoy!
 
Reckless.
That's what it was.
I know.
I ran after him, in the dark of night.
I could barely see, all I knew was that Kyo ran away. His true form, I saw it. He looked grotesque and hideous, but I don't care. I thought him frightening, but it makes no difference inside my heart. Kyo is still Kyo. No matter what. I didn't know what I was seeing when Kyo transformed. I heard my umbrella fall from my hand to the ground with a dull clunk. Then I heard Kyo scream, “Don't look at me!” That voice and those words were all I heard. They cut into my heart. They resonated through my head. When he ran, I followed. Without a second thought. I would accept them all for what they truly were. I made this vow to myself earlier in the day. This was the first step. I had no trouble accepting that the Sohma's transformed into animals. None at all. But… Kyo. His true form. As I ran after him, the only thought running through my head was, “I must find Kyo and bring him back. He just has to come back!” I collapsed seconds later, from the horrible smell. This was just the beginning. What else awaited me? No matter though, Kyo is what's important. In the distance, I heard a strangled yell and the sound of rock crumbling. I wondered if Kyo was ok. I forcibly pulled myself together and set off toward Kyo once more, as reckless as when I started out. My breath came in gasps. I didn't know how much more I'd be able to take. I was too reckless to run in here. What would happen in the end? My quest for Kyo seemed never ending. Finally though, I reached a clearing. My spirits rose upon seeing Kyo sitting there. He yelled for me to “Stay Away!” but I merely kept walking to him. I wanted him to know that I was there for him. That I accepted him for what he truly was. He only pushed me further away. His yells kept coming. But, I won't stop. I had a choice: either come after him, or leave him. It's easy to see who made that choice and which I chose. I was not going to give up. I may be spacey, but I'm not a quitter. I've come and I'm going to finish the job I set out to do. Moreover, I want Kyo home. I'm not doing this for anyone but myself. Maybe Shishou-san, but this was solely for me. No matter what Kyo may do, I refuse to leave without him. He has clawed me and yelled insults to my face. That shall not stop me. I don't see a monster when I look at him. I see a young boy, striving to be needed, loved, and more that anything, accepted. Others always shunned him, now he needs people. Kyo is no monster. He's just a normal boy with a curse. I'm determined to bring him home. He seemed surprised when I grabbed his arm. Again, reckless. I've already seen what he will do. How did I dare cling to him? I'm begging him to go back. Oh, Kyo, please oblige. I can't imagine our home without you! I want us to stay together. He's telling me that there's no need to love everything about him. I'm so glad he wants to stay together. He said my name so gently. Like a prayer. Kyo, he's always been there for me. We need each other.
So, yes.
Reckless.
That was me when I rushed off after Kyo. But… it was well worth the risk.
Reckless.
 
 
Author's Notes: Hey, minna-san. New take on mange. First time I've written anything for Furuba. What'd you think? Reckless? Or Well Done? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Ja ne!