Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed by Fame Shattered by Fear ❯ Broken Wasted Promises ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I was just looking at my summary for the story, and I'm not very happy with it. (If there's one thing I'm fussy about, it's the story titles and the story summaries) And I was going to ask you readers if you could think of a summary for me…but then, you don't know what crazy things I've got coming up right? So yea…forget it, I'll just slowly think of something that might appeal to me lol. Sorry that was a pointless message, haha; well anyway, I really hope you enjoy this chapter!
 
MTR:

FF
RinHaru4ever: Thanks, so you like the Yuki X Machi pairing. -sighs with relief- okay, that's good!
Daelaeyni:
Hehe, me the evil suspense writer lol. Thank you Daelaeyni! -Huggles back!-
TheBlackSpider:
I'm so thrilled and happy that you enjoy my story too! Thank you!
Aqua:
Hmm, yea I do tend to keep you people curious huh? But I'm glad you like it, and I'm glad the curiosity is …lol… positive curiosity. Well I guess I should be thanking you, basically you're encouraging me to continue my story so thanks!
Mischievouz Angel:
Yup Kimi, you are so major-ly a hypocrite! Lol
xiaolintitanbaby:
Yes... as a matter of fact, they did live together…kinda. Thanks for the review.
tohrukun92126:
Haha, sorry about that. To be honest, I use to dislike Machi as well but she's alright to me now, lol, because Kyoru's my fav pairing, I felt sorry for Yuki. But thank you for reviewing anyway.
moonflower:
Oh wow, that's great, I would love to own a horse. And thank you! By the way, how was your French test?

MM

sakura-bell: Wow, I'm so happy right now, I wrote a story good enough to reach reader's hearts. Hehe, -dances around happily- Thank you, I appreciate your reviews very very much! I will continue writing my best!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
SHADOWED BY FAME SHATTERED BY FEAR
By Angelite Phoenix// Dark Angel of Mystery
 
CHAPTER 5: Xx- Broken Wasted Promises -xX
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Saturday Morning
 
Tohru was preparing breakfast for Momiji who was still asleep since she woke up extra early. Tohru didn't need to go to work today since it was the weekend plus her old friends were coming to visit her after 5 long years. She chose to make something light and delicious; as she set up the table, she remembered the day, just a week before graduation at Kaibara High.
 
Flashback

Tohru was at the prom, it had taken her over 2 hours to get ready since she wanted to look her best for her date. Her date was Kyo and he looked handsome in his tux. They had started to dance swiftly, moving to the slow music, away from all the other people, just in their own little corner of the room. Eyes focusing on each other, thinking of what to say.
 
“Umm…Kyo, Thank you for asking me to come with you tonight.”
 
“Nah it's no big deal, besides there's no one else I'd rather go with than you.” Kyo looked away and blushed as Tohru did the same.
 
That's very sweet of you Kyo….Well there was actually a question I was meaning to ask you tonight since…it's special.” Tohru looked down.
 
“What is it?” Kyo gazed at her sparkling eyes.
 
“Umm…well…Uhh…since we've come so far…when we leave Tokyo for University, will you stay by my side…forever?” Tohru asked while her legs felt like jelly.
 
“Oh umm…Yes…of course I will. I promise you that Tohru.” Kyo took a while to react but when he answered, it was a strong and honest answer.
 
“Thank you.” Tohru rested her head on his shoulder as they continued to dance.
 
End of Flashback
 
Before she knew it, she was leaning against the wall crying while thinking back at the promise that was broken just a week after it was made…and it was never to come back. With her eyes closed Tohru soon felt a warm embrace around her; she looked up and saw Momiji's silky blonde hair. She wiped away her tears in surprise.
 
“Momiji?”
“You're crying about Kyo…aren't you?” Momiji asked calmly. He seemed to have read her thoughts.
 
“H-how'd you know?”
 
“Tohru…the other day, I was looking for my day planner…I accidentally….came across your diary. And I realized that you still have nightmares every night about that….event. I just think…maybe…you haven't moved on yet.” Momiji handed her a box of tissues.
 
“You may be right…But….but I've been trying so hard, I just don't understand why?” Tohru kept crying.
 
“Because…you really…you truly loved him Tohru, and I see that it's extremely hard for you to let go of that relationship. But you have to know that what happened back then, wasn't your fault…okay?”
 
“Y-yes…Momiji, thank you.” Tohru swept her fringe back and relaxed a little.
 
“You know…this is completely irrelevant but tomorrow, do you want to go to Disneyland?” Momiji asked randomly although Tohru could tell he wasn't joking.
 
“D-disneyland?”
 
“Yeah, to get your mind off the past. Have a little fun before the nightmares and the exams decide to attack you”
 
“S-sure, I guess….thank you Momiji. You're very kind.”
 
“No problem, but anyway, thanks for the breakfast, it really is delicious.” Momiji replaced his serious expression with a childish smile and handed Tohru a glass of milk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Saturday Afternoon
Arisa Uotani drove to Momiji's mansion with Hana sitting in the passenger seat all relaxed with a big smile on her face.
 
“Can't wait to see Tohru?” Uo asked.
 
“I miss her dearly; I wonder how much she has grown.” Hana replied.
 
“Yea same here.” Uo pulled in the driveway as she spoke into the intercom system.
 
“Yes? Is this Uo and Hana?” A sweet and cute voice came onto the speakers.
 
“Indeed.” Uo grinned as the gates opened revealing a brunette-headed girl waving with a big smile on her face.
 
“She hasn't changed one bit.” Hana spoke as they both ran out of the car and hugged Tohru.
 
“I'm so glad to see you two, I've missed you so much! And to think, look at you now, you're on TV all the time, you're famous, but you're still the Uo-chan and Hana-chan that I know.” Tohru said as warm tears rolled down her cheeks.
 
“Oh Tohru, what made you think that all this fame stuff will ever erase you from our memories.” Hana replied as she saw a smile wipe off Tohru's face.
 
“Well at least it didn't happen to us, but it definitely happened to Orangey.” Uo stated as Tohru took them into the house.
 
“Oh I'm sorry Tohru, I didn't mean to bring up this horrible subject…I'm really sorry.” Hana apologized.
 
“Don't apologize Hana, you did nothing wrong, I have you two by my side, and I'm still really relieved for that.”
 
“Well has Momiji been treating you well?”
 
“Hehe, I think I can answer that question when I take you for a tour around my bedroom.” Tohru giggled as she led them upstairs into her own bedroom chamber.
 
She opened the door, unmasking a humongous king sized bed with curtains and a nice duvet. The floor wasn't carpet but a really nice whitish grayish marble. There was a large window that showed the whole view of the gardens and the mini waterfall. She could hear Uo and Hana gasping, even though they were rich as well, they both lived in high-class apartments, but this really revealed to them, how much Momiji adored spoiling Tohru with all these luxurious gifts.
 
“Amazing stuff.” Hana discovered a Juice fountain inside this cabinet, as Uo looked through her colorful wardrobe.
 
“Wow Momiji seriously loves you.” Uo commented as Tohru blushed.
 
“Speaking of love, are you two in love?” Hana gave a suspicious glance.
 
“Oh! Well I wouldn't say that just yet, we're just friends right now, but I am very lucky because Momiji spends time with me all the time and he showers me with gifts plus we take the same classes in university. He really is a valuable friend.” Tohru answered.
 
“Hmm… and you two get the whole house to yourselves huh? It must be an interesting experience as the President's son.” Uo was now flicking through Tohru's CD's as she found a copy of her own album.
 
“Yes, Uo I don't even think we need to worry about Tohru anymore. Momiji seems to be treating her just perfectly fine.” Hana took a sip of the juice.
 
“If I pass the exams next week, I will graduate from University, and I'll feel like the luckiest girl alive.” Tohru dreamt of wearing the graduation hat.
 
“Woah, graduating so soon, you are truly smart! I guess you deserve all this for working so hard, you really haven't changed at all Tohru, and I like that.” Uo smiled.
 
“Yes, well thank you. Would you two like to go out for coffee, I've got so much to say to you.”

”Sure, let's go.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rin Kinoshita treated herself to a glass of champagne as she lay back on her $7000 couch reading the newspaper. She soon sat upright after reading the headlines as her glass of wine fell from her grasp onto the expensive leather couch.
 
“What? This can't be happening? Haru…got into a crash while he was racing in the finals…But…No…I thought we were meant to have a date tonight….Haru…once again the hopes of keeping a promise towards a proper date has faded….But Haru, I seriously hope you are okay….” Rin read aloud as she forgot about her champagne, grabbed her handbag and ran out the door.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Sunday
 
While Tohru and Momiji were having a blast at Disneyland, Kisa Nagasaki walked along the pathway outside of her house with her pet dog Sniffles. She noticed that everyone in the neighborhood was at home, enjoying the weekend and the sunshine… that was including Hiro. She realized that she was a little afraid to face him right now since he had broken up with her just a few days ago. He hadn't made any further contact with her as if he had just shut her out of his life. All Kisa wanted to do was to knock on his door and try to sort everything out, but she wasn't as confident as she had thought. She was now on his doorstep with her finger only a few millimeters away from the doorbell, but she just couldn't do it. She turned around and started to walk off, when she heard the door click open.
 
“Kisa? What are you doing here?” Hiro asked still in his PJ's, he was about to get his mail but he noticed someone in the way.
 
“H-hiro…I…I…” Kisa turned her back on him and blinked back tears.
 
“You don't have to say anything; I'm just going to get the mail.” Hiro walked past her and collected the envelopes that included fan letters.
 
“Hiro, I can't stand not being able to be with you!” Kisa spoke when she saw him about to close the door on her.
 
Hiro stopped his actions and threw the letters away and walked up to her.
 
“Well if you really meant it then you'd be here without your 4 cell phones!”
 
“Hiro…”
 
“Kisa, if you really want this to work out between us then you have to understand that you need to spend some time with me, balance your life between work and everything else.” Hiro sighed and reached down to stroke her dog.
 
“I want that…I really do…but it's hard for me…because my boss has high expectations of me…and the whole magazine thing just puts a lot of pressure onto me…”
 
“I understand that, but the thing is, you're a teenager Kisa! We're meant to be in high school living the normal lives with other teenagers, we shouldn't be home-schooled every week just because of our jobs! I am the producer and the boss of my own show and it only happens once a week which means I have the other days to go to school or be alongside you…but you, you work nearly 10 hours a day, 5 days a week! Don't you think that's too much?”
 
“Y-yes…I do…but I can't help it because I'm the chief editor…and if I reduce the amount of time that I work…then our whole company will lose profit.”
 
“I don't want to say this Kisa…but maybe….maybe you shouldn't be the chief editor…”
 
“Are you saying…that I can't handle it?”
 
“Kisa…you have to choose…it's either the life you're living now…or me….”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Monday
 
The Furuba band entered the recording studio for “Blind Attraction” and were greeted by Yuki's brother Ayame Shimazu whom Kimi and Kakeru really wanted to meet, although Kakeru was slightly disappointed that Kagura Tashiro was doing some filming in New York so he couldn't get her autograph.
 
“Well well, their finally here, Gure-san, Haa-san, hurry up and get here!” Ayame called out to them as they came out, one with a huge smile on his face, and the other just not interested.
 
“Oh, you must be Shigure Kusanagi, can I have your autograph?” Machi asked as Yuki went off to search for Kyo.
……..
“Hmm…where could that stupid Kyo be, he must be more stupid than before since he has no idea who he really is…” Yuki said aloud as he bumped into a short figure.
 
“I'm sorry, did I hurt you?” Yuki apologized after the sound of water spilling all over the floor.
 
“No I'm fine.” The girl looked up and gasped.
 
“Y-yuki?”
 
“Tohru?”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
A/N: Okay…I hope that wasn't too bad, my aim was to end this chapter with suspense, lol. Well tell me what you think, and till next time!

Angelite Phoenix//Dark Angel of Mystery