Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Some things change and others don't ❯ News ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Sigh* I just got done watching the last 3 episodes of Fruits Basket and I couldn't take it anymore!!! I had to write the third chappie w/ or w/o reviews. I think this one is a little more deep than the last ones but ah, oh, well.

Enjoy!! ^_~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tohru's POV

It's been two days since Aya has come to stay with us. And to tell you the truth, I think Yuki and Kyo are getting a little bit edgy with him. Or, maybe they are already edgy with him.

Normal POV

Tohru looks over at Yuki and Kyo who were walking with her to school. The two boys were sulking as they slowly walked behind Tohru barely keeping up with her. "Your brother... I can't stand anymore..." Kyo said to Yuki who ignored him completely and ran up to Tohru. "Miss Honda...?" Yuki said. "Hmm?" Tohru said glancing at him. "Well, I was wondering.... You are supposed to be working after school today right? Well, I'm going to be at the school until about the time you get out. So, would you mind if we walked together? Because well, theirs something I wanted to talk to you about and ummm..." Yuki trailed off blushing slightly. Tohru smiled, "sure that would be fine. Is there something wrong?"

Kyo's POV

`What are they mumbling about up there? Wait, do I care? Should I care? No, It involves the damn rat I'm sure. Either him or that idiot brother of his. School, crap he's gonna be there. Maybe I'll be lucky and Haru will either be sick or not want to fight. Damn Hatsuharu, why'd he have to be such a...' "Talk to yourself often Kyo?" Said a familiar voice. "Who said that?" I yell. I look around and found that Hanajima girl Tohru always hangs out with.

Normal POV

"What the hell are you doing here? Tohru is up the...huh?" Kyo looked around. Tohru and Yuki were gone. "WHHHAAAATTT? Where the hell did those two run off to?" Kyo asked twitching. "Actually I'm sure they're both asking the same about you...I don't believe I've ever seen you take this route before to get to school." Hana said. Kyo looked around, "damn" he said. "How did I do that?" Hana was amused by what she considered to be his stupidity, "I'd say that you talking to yourself distracted you from your walking, which caused you to go the wrong direction." "Yeah? What the hell gave you that idea?" Kyo yelled. "Damn, I'm so sick of everyone today!" He mumbled under his breath fast walking to get away from Hana. Hana just stared blankly up at him as he slowly disappeared into the crowd of people that were gathered around on that corner. "His electric signals are higher today than usual."

Kyo finally reached the school and went to his class to find Tohru, Yuki, Uo, and Hana already there. "What the hell...?" Kyo stated pointing at Hana, "how did you get here before me?!?" Hana beamed at him, "its simple really, you ran ahead while I took a different street which allowed me to take a short-cut" Kyo was confused, "How could you have taken another street? That was the only one from there to the school and there were no streets connecting to it..." "Or so it would seem." Hana interrupted him. Everyone just stared at her blankly. "Oh, by the way," Yuki said breaking the silence, "Kyo, Haru was looking for you earlier.... He wants a rematch." Kyo glared at him, "Dammit. I knew it. Why does he want to fight me?" "Because you suck." Uo said. "Nobody asked your opinion you baka*! Uo started choking him, "Listen orange-top, I was kind enough to answer the question you asked that nobody else was going to answer for you. The least you could do is not insult me."

Later once school ended, Yuki was at his meeting, Tohru is on her way to work, and Kyo was attempting to ditch Haru, which just failed. Haru punched Kyo in the gut and dragged him into a nearby park where you could here punches being thrown. Meanwhile Tohru headed toward the front gate and none other than Ayame was waiting for her at the gate. Aya as usual greeted Tohru with the biggest goofiest grin imaginable on his face. "Oh, Ayame, what brings you here?" Tohru asked. "Well, I was hoping to find Yuki so I could walk home with him, but, it seems that he's not coming since your already here at the gate and he's not with you." Aya said looking a bit depressed. "But, oh well. I guess I can speak with him later." "Oh, I'm sorry, he's in a meeting today with the school counsel." Tohru said. Aya smiled and said "Oh, that's all right I can always talk to him later. Anyways, I don't want to keep you from your work Tohru. You go on ahead and I'll see you later tonight." "Oh, okay" Tohru said as Aya walked back to the house knowing that he couldn't just sit there at the school for that long. `He looked so sad just now' Tohru thought also walking away. Anyway, back to Haru and Kyo's fight...

"You're so slow, slower than last time, what are you? A pansy?" Haru yelled at Kyo trying to knock him out. "I am going to kill you if you don't back off!" Kyo screamed back. This went on for two hours before they both were wiped out and couldn't fight anymore. Both just sitting in the grass trying to catch there breath. "I... hate... you!" Kyo said staring at Haru. "What's wrong with Yuki?" Haru asked changing the subject. "He seems tense." Kyo huffed, "you would be too if Aya was going to be at your house for several weeks." Haru looked confused, "why is Aya at your house?" Kyo yelled, "Because his damn roof collapsed and Akito said he had to stay at our house. Which is stupid because there are millions of other places he could have gone to." Haru didn't say anything after that. He just got up and started walking away. "Oh, Kyo, well finish this tomorrow." "What the hell?" Kyo stammered. "Good luck fighting someone who isn't going to be at school tomorrow!" Haru grinned, "It doesn't matter, I'll find you one way or another." `Damn' Kyo thought to himself. Realizing the time he ran back to the house. But jumped through his bedroom window so he didn't have to talk to Aya trying to get to his room.

"Ah, finally, work is over." Tohru said stretching. She walked outside and found Yuki there. "Oh, Yuki, I forgot you were coming." Tohru said smiling. Yuki just laughed and they started walking. They were silent for a while when Tohru broke the silence. "Was there something you want to talk about?" Yuki glanced at her. "Well, listen about my brother..." Yuki started to say. "I really can't stand him. He's self-centered and even a bit rude at times. So, I apologize ahead of time for any trouble he may cause for you. No, I apologize for the trouble he will cause. I was talking to Shigure the other day before Ayame came. He said that Ayame's roof wasn't really destroyed. But, Akito did order him to live with us for a few weeks. I asked him what he meant by that but Mii had showed up and took him to finish the book. After that I had asked him again and he said he wasn't at much liberty to discuss it." Tohru was confused, "But if his house was fine, then why is he here?" Yuki didn't answer her for the longest time. "I don't know. But, I do know that it can't be good, and I think Shigure knows why he is here. I guess what I'm saying is, be cautious around Aya until we figure out why Akito has him here. For all we know, Aya could have killed someone and Akito is hiding him with us until things die down a bit where he lives." Tohru flinched, "you... you.. don't think he actually killed anyone do you?" Yuki laughed, "No, I don't. I was just using it as an example." Tohru sighed with relief. `I just hope its nothing as serious as that...' Tohru thought.

"YU~KI!!!!" Aya yelled from inside the house. Yuki groaned. "He would know I was coming without looking out the window or anything." Tohru giggled as they walked inside. Ayame greeted them in the living room. "Yuki, how would you like to come to my store on Sunday?" Yuki thought about the last time he visited Aya's shop. He remembered Aya greeting him in a wedding dress, another sight he did not want to see. "No, I don't think so." Yuki walked up to his room to set his bag down and Aya followed him silently. Yuki turned around and yelled out of fear because he didn't realize Aya was following him. "You don't want to go?" Aya asked. "No, no I really don't." Yuki stated. "But, I've got so many new outfits I wanted you to see them so you can tell me which one Tohru would like best. Isn't her birthday in two weeks?" Aya said. `Two weeks?' Yuki thought. "How did you know that when I didn't?" Aya laughed. "Well, I guess you could say that I asked her." `No, duh, Sherlock' Yuki thought. Aya stared at Yuki, "So, are you going to come?" Yuki stared at him for a minute not saying anything. Aya finally said, "well fine, I'll let you think about it. But, I think you'll find it in you best interest to come. Not, just for Tohru either." Aya left the room after saying that. Yuki stood there, thinking, "not just for Tohru?" He said to himself. "What's that supposed to mean?"

The end... for now

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

WHEEEEE! It's done Finally. I spent like, a day and a half on this because I couldn't think of what to write.

Anyway plz review. Sugarcoated flames only blah blah you know the drill.

*By the way... Baka means idiot