Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Some things change and others don't ❯ The Reason for Being There ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DARNIT!! This was supposed to be a comedy.... But no I had to add in this problem in with it all...*sighs* oh well.

I promise after this Yuki going to Aya's shop is over the madness shall continue! -_-; Sorry it's taking me so long...

 

Chapter 5: The Reason for being there

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"WHATTT?!? What the hell are you trying to pull here?" Kyo yelled at Haru who had `almost' won at Old maid, War, Go fish, basketball, soccer, and several other games. The only ones playing now were Kyo, Uo, Haru, and Hana. Tohru and Momiji had decided to take a rest on the sidelines, but Momiji would join in some of the games occasionally. "What's wrong? Can't take a loss?" Haru snickered. Kyo hissed "You are so full of it! I think your..." "Wait," Hanajima commanded. The 2 boys looked at her for a second, "huh?" Hana laughed, "Yes, perfect, I know exactly what to do." She looked at Kyo and Haru with the coldest look she could dish up, "My next turn, Haru will end up drawing many cards." "Oh, you think so?" Haru said grinning, "I'd like to see you try." Hana just turned her head, "I don't think so, I know so and I don't have to try. In case you have already forgotten I have beaten you all at every game so far." Arisa growled, "Ugh! You guys are so boring, did we come here to play or did we come here to play?" "Shut up ya Yankee!" Kyo glared at her and she did the same back before she grabbed his shirt collar and hurled him across the house. Once Kyo had gone through 2 walls, and a dresser; Shigure popped his head out from behind the corner. "Umm, you guys please, try not to smash up the house too bad OK?"

"Hey you," Hana said to Shigure. "Your next novel, has it come out yet?" Shigure looked at her for a second before answering; "it's in the process of being finished." Hana chuckled, "So then, when is it due?" "Tonight." Shigure answered smiling without a care in the world like he always does. "I see..." Kyo added, "you told Mii that you needed to be left alone for several hours before you could finish it so that you could sneak down here is that right." Shigure nodded, "In not so many words, yes. But, it makes me wonder why you care so much. Could it be that along with Tohru you have a crush on Mii too?"

"YOU ARE SO FULL OF IT!" Kyo screamed at the dog that just laughed.

"Oh, so you do then?" Shigure laughed.

"No!"

"You're so quick to react... it seems like your trying to hide it."

"I am seriously gonna murder you!"

"Uh-uhh, Kyo, you've already used that threat hundreds of times and I have yet to see you pull it through."

"You know, he's got a point there..." Uo added in. "You want to see me go through with it?" Kyo yelled, "Then why don't I start with you then?"

"You couldn't even beat me at Rich man, Poor man, much less kill me. I'd send you flying." Uo said flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"The hell you would!" Kyo snarled.

"Hello, I thought we were playing Uno here..." Haru sighed suddenly bored from listening to Kyo yell. "Kyo, why don't you just draw the four cards and let me change the color so we can get on with it?" Kyo clenched his fists, "Fine, but you had better hope that nobody puts out a reverse! Or else you'll regret being sat next to me..." "Kyo just play the game, its not like your life is on the line or anything." Momiji stated with his usual smile.

"Who asked you?" Kyo screamed. "That's it, I'm sick of this game I'm going to... to... I'm going somewhere." Kyo ran out the door and wasn't seen again until the end of the day. (A/N, By the way Hana won that game of Uno, and every other game that was played later on.)

 

 

 

(A/N: By the way I'm starting the Yuki part off just a bit before I left off the last chapter. Just think of it as me rewinding it a bit.)

Meanwhile, while all of that was going on Yuki, was just outside of Ayame's shop, still debating whether or not he should go in. He remembered the last time he visited Aya's shop. Ayame had greeted him in a wedding dress, talked about almost nothing but the clothes he designs for men, and made Tohru dress into `The thing'. He was still a little bit nauseated by the wedding dress part. He took a deep breath then opened the door and slowly walked inside. "Yuki?" Ayame asked watching Yuki walk inside. "Ayame." Yuki answered back, looking for Ayame who was nowhere to be seen. Then he saw him coming from the back room in a... school girls uniform! "Yuki-kun!" Aya called out but then realized that Yuki had already passed out from the sight. "Ah-ha, oops"

About half an hour later, Yuki woke back up to thankfully find Aya wearing normal clothes again. "Sorry about the scare earlier Yuki." Aya said giggling. "Mine and I had just finished that one." Maybe it was the fact that his brother was wearing a schoolgirl's uniform that bothered him, or it was that fact that it looked just like the one's at his school. Which ever it was Yuki was going to do what ever it takes to get the school to change its dress code. "Why did you want me to come?" Yuki asked sternly. Aya stared at him in disbelief, "What? You mean I didn't tell you to come and shop for Tohru's birthday?"

"Not that." Yuki said. "I mean, the other reason." Aya stared at Yuki for a second as if trying to figure out what he's talking about, "Oh, now I understand." He walked out of the room for a second. Then came back with two pieces of fabrics. "Which do you prefer, blue denim or black velvet?" "Aya!" Yuki scolded. Aya laughed, "What, I really did want to know." Yuki glared at him; "You did not bring me here to choose between denim and velvet!" "No, not really." Ayame said sitting on the couch across from where Yuki was sitting.

He placed his chin on his folded hands. "Yuki, I..." Aya trailed off. "I haven't been at your house because my roof closed in. In fact, it's perfectly fine." "I already knew that much." Yuki interrupted. "Yes, of course." Ayame said rubbing his eyes then just keeping them covered for a moment before he slightly moved his hand down so he could see Yuki's face. "Yuki, Akito, never sent me here. As far as he knows I'm still living in the Sohma residence. But, I came because I wanted to tell you...that. In several weeks, Akito is planning on visiting your house for several days." Yuki's eyes widened and anybody at that moment could see the fear and questions racing through his mind. "What do you mean... why?" Ayame walked over to the window and stared outside, "I don't know much but, it had something to do with him wanting to, make sure that you're all living in a `safe environment' as he puts it. But, I don't think that's why he's coming. He didn't exactly come out and say it, but, he was putting hints here and there that he wanted to find a reason to erase Tohru's memory. I would have told you back at the house but, Shigure already knew, Kyo would have lost his temper, and I didn't want to make Tohru worry if she found out." "A reason?" Yuki asked. "What kind of reason?" "I don't know." Aya said sighing. "But, if I were to guess, I think it's to make sure you and Kyo, haven't gone soft or lost any fear of him you had."

"Why does he want us afraid of him?"

"I'm not sure of that one either. I just wanted to let you know so that he wouldn't catch you off-guard or anything." Ayame looked over at Yuki who had his head slightly turned down. Finally Ayame decided that was enough serious time for him. So, he once again got one of them big smiles on his face and said, "Soooooooooooooooo, anyways, I didn't want you to come here just to be depressed, we also need to buy Tohru a present remember." `Crap,' Yuki thought. `How am I supposed to buy her a gift? I'm broke!' Ayame chuckled, "you just pick out the dress and I'll say it's from both of us." `Thank goodness' Yuki thought.

So, Ayame had Mine pull out several of the dresses Ayame thought she would like. Yuki had a hard time deciding because he knew that Tohru would say she liked it even if she hated it. So they agreed on a dress that was white, and would go down to her ankles and it was made out of a dark reddish- purplish velvet color. It was short sleeved and it had a matching jacket. Oh and by the way... if your thinking that Ayame didn't annoy Yuki the rest of that time, you are sadly mistaken!

Yuki was about to leave when a thought struck him, "Ayame." Yuki said slightly turning his head enough so he could see his brother out of the corner of his eye. "Why were you staying at our house so long if that was all you wanted to tell me?" Ayame thought about that for a moment, "I'm not sure honestly." "I think I should leave now...," Yuki said sweat-dropping. "Bye!" Ayame's worker, Mine, called after him. "See you soon, Yuki!" Ayame shouted. "Yeah sure." Yuki said finally exiting the door. "Not, too soon I hope..."

It was about 5:30, when Yuki decided to go to his `secret base' and pick some leeks, or whatever what ready to be taken. He got back home a couple hours later. But, when he got there, he didn't like what he saw. Shigure was running from his manager, which actually he had become accustomed to, Tohru was making dinner, which he did want because he hadn't eaten all day. Kyo was nowhere to be seen, he liked that, and everyone else had left already too. There was just this one thing... this one simple thing that make Yuki want to hurl.

Ayame was there.

Aya waved to Yuki, "Hello again, Yuki." Yuki stared at him in disbelief. "What are you doing here?" Ayame laughed for a second, "its the oddest thing really, I came back here, got all my stuff, went back to my house and coincidentally it turns out my roof really did collapse. So now I'm staying here even longer. Isn't that funny?" "Hilarious." Yuki said slightly twitching. Suddenly he wasn't hungry anymore either. "I'm going to bed." Yuki finally announced. He was almost to the stairs when Ayame called to him, "By the way Yuki, remember this is your week for me to sleep in your room." Yuki froze for a second, "You will not!" He looked up to find Kyo standing right in front of him.

"If you think I'm going to let him back in my room tonight then you are sadly mistaken." Kyo was glaring intensely at Yuki. Yuki got wide-eyed, "then I'll fight you for it." Before Kyo could agree, and he would have agreed to the fight too, but before he could say anything Yuki grabbed Kyo's shirt collar and threw him straight over his head to land face first on the floor. Yuki then continued up the stairs. "I win, he sleeps in your room. Good night." "Damn rat." Kyo mumbled. "But, he will be in your room by tomorrow ya hear?!?" He yelled to Yuki, who had already shut himself in his room and locked the door.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Whew done, finally. Problem solved. Well, for now anyway... Crap! This means I have to make another chapter later on with Akito coming over! Well, then that won't be for a while.

Next chapter The Sohmas (all of them including Ritsu, Kisa, Hiro... you get the pic.) Uo, Hana, and Tohru are all going to play `I've never'! Whoo- hoo I'm so excited!

Sugarcoated flames allowed only please.

P.S. For those of you who may be waiting to finish my Jury story, I'm sorry, but it may take a while because I still need a few more jurors. M'kay?

 

BTW... If I find out who's sending me viruses your gonna be in big trouble!!!