Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Ten Days Late ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Yuki had stayed at the bottom of the steps, listening as closely as he could. He'd heard Tohru go upstairs by herself, and then she called Haru up. It was clear that they had planned on Haru coming over; it obviously wasn't a spontaneous decision of Haru's as the cow had tried to play off. He could tell by the way Tohru had lingered at the school gate, though she had tried her hardest not to appear as though she was waiting for someone. Yuki had been sure she was waiting for Uotani or Hanajima, and was thoroughly shocked when Haru showed up. Immediately after he greeted them, Tohru had been more than willing to start walking home. And then, on the way back to Shigure's house, Haru had insisted they stop at a local pharmacy, but also insisted that he didn't want company while going inside. Yuki had been temped to ask Tohru what was going on, but refrained when he saw her face. She was nervous, chewing on her bottom lip, bouncing on the balls of her feet.
 
Something was definitely going on between them, and he wanted to know what. Presently, he was straining to hear what was happening in the floor above him, but couldn't hear for all the noise that Shigure and Kyo were making. With Haru gone, Shigure had turned to Kyo for some sort of amusement, and was teasing him, yet again.
 
“Shut up!” Yuki hissed at his cousins, and turned his focus back to listening for any snippets of what Haru and Tohru were talking about.
 
“Oy, what're you doing, Rat-boy?” Kyo snapped back as Shigure, for once, listened and became silent, walking out of the room to his office.
 
Yuki didn't answered, only strained harder, and finally heard something; the sound of Tohru crying.
 
Without another thought, he flew up the steps. He doubted Haru would ever hurt Tohru, but when he turned black, nothing was impossible. He was vaguely aware that Kyo was just behind him.
 
Tohru's bedroom door was shut; Yuki considered going in there first before he saw the light from the bathroom flooding into the carpet through the open door, with a shadow that unmistakably belonged to Haru in it. He raced inside; Tohru was sitting on the toilet, bent over and crying with her head in her hands while Haru stood over her.
 
“What the hell is going on?” Yuki heard Kyo say behind him as Haru turned around to look at them.
 
“Ah….That is….” Haru stammered as Yuki pushed his way past him, to get to Tohru.
 
He knelt in front of her, trying to block out the argument that was undoubtedly about to begin between Haru and Kyo. “Miss Honda, what's wrong?”
 
“What the hell did you to do her, Haru?” he heard Kyo snap.
 
“I didn't do anything,” was Haru's reply, a slight edge to his voice. If Kyo wasn't careful, which he rarely was, Black Haru would soon come out.
 
“Then why is she crying?”
 
Yuki sighed. “Miss Honda, are you hurt?”
 
She shook her head.
 
“Tell me what happened.”
 
She started to speak, or at least Yuki thought she did. He couldn't understand a word that was coming out of her mouth. “Miss Honda, slow down,” he said. “Just slow down, and tell me what's wrong.”
 
She didn't slow down, just kept blubbering on and on. Yuki sighed again, then noticed her hands. She was holding something, something long and thin. “Miss Honda, what's this?” he asked, gently pulling the object out of her hand. Her crying immediately became quieter.
 
Yuki stared at what Tohru had been holding. It was a pregnancy test, a positive pregnancy test. Tohru was pregnant…Tohru… His Tohru was pregnant.
 
“Oh…. Miss Honda….”
 
She started bawling as soon as he spoke, and he put a hand on her head, in hopes of comforting her. How had this happened? Tohru never went out with any boys; she rarely went out as it was. And when she did it was always with her friends or him and Kyo. It had to have been someone in this house. At first, his mind went to Kyo, but as much as he hated the cat, he knew he'd never do anything like that. Then it hit him.
 
“Miss Honda,” he said slowly, “did Shigure…?”
 
“What?” Kyo asked, his attention turned away from Haru. “What did Shigure do?”
 
“He-he didn't do anything!” Tohru cried. “He's not-not it…..”
 
“He's not what?”
 
Yuki looked at Tohru, then down at the test in his hand. He'd find out sooner or later…. “She's pregnant.”
 
“What! …You son of a bitch!” Kyo snapped.
 
Suddenly, Haru was thrown out of the bathroom and into the wall across the hall, Kyo running out after him. Tohru stood up quickly and followed Kyo, sputtering protests, with Yuki quickly behind her.
 
Haru was chuckling a little as he picked himself up the floor. “Jealous?”
 
“What? No!” Kyo yelled.
 
`What are they fighting about now?' Yuki thought, shaking his head. They had more important things to do than have some petty argument.
 
“I think you are. I bet you've dreamed about this every night, I bet you've pictured her above you as you jack off at night, her mouth parted, moaning-”
 
“Shut up!” Kyo was turning bright red, his hands balled into tight fists, his knuckles turning white.
 
“-gasping and moaning your name over and over as you take her for the first time.” Haru was inches away from Kyo now. “Well, guess what, Kyo. I was her first.”
 
Once more, Haru was sent flying, but this time by Yuki. He'd been horrified at what Haru had said, that he dared say it in front of Tohru. But then, when he said he had…. It was more than Yuki could handle. Haru was perhaps the only person who knew how he felt towards Tohru. And he- he had done that anyway.
 
He was ready to murder his cousin.
 
XXxXxX
 
 
Kinda short. Bweh. Oh wellllllllll.
 
Anyway, I got several reviews in which people believe this is going to be a Haru x Tohru fic. I am actually unsure as to what the pairing for this story will be, but most likely, it will not be Haru and Tohru (sorry if I'm disappointing any of you).
 
Thanks for all the reviews!
 
 
 
Review, please?