Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Cherry Blossoms Will Bloom Again ❯ Family Comes To Visit ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Fruits Basket is owned and copywrited by TokyoPop and Natsuki Takaya. I do not own any of the characters, main themes, or original places. I do own the original characters and the original storyline.
 
Author's Note: I just wrote this down yesterday (7/16) and I just finished typing it right now. I think it turned out pretty good. But it's definitely a prologue. Enjoy. ^_^
 
The Cherry Blossoms Will Bloom Again
 
Life isn't always what we want it to be.
Sometimes it's worse.
And sometimes it's better.
Much, much better. =]
 
Prologue~ Family Comes to Visit
 
Tohru stood in the doorway of the dining room, the stew for dinner in her hands. She paused in the doorway thanks to the air in the room.
 
Or the lack there of.
 
Yuki had just gotten home from student council and he and Kyo had already fought…
 
Over stupid stuff…
 
AGAIN.
 
Tohru, who had blocked out everything outside the kitchen as she cooked, didn't even know that they had fought.
 
After five minutes of being frozen, Shigure walked in. He looked around the room a little confused.
 
Yuki and Kyo were sitting at the table, looking in opposite directions and not toward Tohru; who was still frozen, due to the cold atmosphere they had caused.
 
Shigure sighed and walked over to Tohru and took the pot, stirring her from her position. She almost jumped out of her skin.
 
“Oh! Shigure-san!” she said suddenly. “I've got that.”
 
“Oh no Tohru-kun,” he replied as he placed it on the table. “It's alright. I was afraid you were going to drop it! You were pretty spaced out.”
 
The boys still didn't move. Shigure was hoping saying that would have jolted them out of their deep thoughts of anger. He was going to have to find the best way to startle them from their absorbed thoughts.
 
“Oh look! Its Kagura-chan and Aaya!” he said with a surprised tone.
 
Both Yuki and Kyo's hair stood on end. They looked around in a panic.
 
Tohru, who normally doesn't get anything of Shigure's jokes, somehow got this one right away. She burst out in a fit of giggles, causing all three of her housemates to look at her in shock.
 
Shigure chuckled. “Looks like our little Tohru-kun finally got one of my jokes!”
 
Kyo and Yuki's faces softened and they sighed. Now they knew Shigure was missing with them.
 
“Let's have dinner!” Shigure said happily. Tohru wiped the tears from her eyes and headed back to the kitchen for the dishes.
 
“Did you have to do that Shigure?” Kyo asked him.
 
“How else was I going to get you guys to stop worrying Tohru-kun?” he asked playfully.
 
The boys both sighed. That was true.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
As they got ready to leave the next morning, the threesome began talking about the night before.
 
“Honda-san,” Yuki said. “What made you laugh so hard? It wasn't quite that funny.”
 
“Yeah really,” Kyo responded. “You've never laughed at Shigure's jokes, or even understood one. Let alone laugh so hard before.”
 
She blushed. “I-I don't know,” she admitted. “Your reactions were just so funny.”
 
They boys smiled and even blushed a little. They were glad to have heard her laugh.
 
“Alright,” Kyo said pushing open the door. “Let's go, or we'll be late.”
 
“Late!?” Tohru exclaimed, totally freaking out. She scared both Kyo and Yuki a bit, their eyes widening. “I can't be late!”
 
Yuki chuckled. “Then let's get moving Honda-san.”
 
And the three were off to school.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
“They just left.
 
“Yes. They'll be at school.
 
“Well Tohru-kun has work and Yuki-kun will be at student council.
 
“Yes. He's the president. Crazy, right?
 
“Kyo-kun? Well, normally he goes to the dojo for a bit when Tohru-kun goes to work.
 
“Alright. That sounds good.
 
“Would you like Hatori or Ayame to be present as well?
 
“Both? Okay. I'll call them now.
 
“Okay. I'll talk to you this afternoon Jo-san.”
 
Shigure hung up the phone.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Hatori sat in his office. He had just returned from taking care of Akito. He had barely even sat down since awaking that morning. He picked up his reading book, opened it, and then the phone rang.
 
He sighed and hung his head low. Could he ever have a moment of peace?
 
He guessed no.
 
“Sohma medical,” he answered in a business tone.
 
“Tori-kun!” he heard on the other side. It made his hair stand on end.
 
He quickly slammed the phone back on the cradle.
 
Hatori laid his head on his hands, elbows on the desk. `Why…' he groaned internally. `Why me…oooooh…'
 
A few seconds later it rang again. He let it ring for a bit before he picked up.
 
“Haa-san…” he heard Shigure practically cry on the other side.
 
The doctor messaged his temple with his free hand. “What is it Shigure?” Hatori answered.
 
The writer's voice instantaneously changed. “I just got a call from Jo-san!”
 
Hatori instantly gave Shigure his utmost attention. Gure-san explained everything to Hatori about the call and then paused to let him soak it all in.
 
“Can you come over around two, Haa-san?” Shigure asked.
 
“I'll try my best,” Ha'ri answered back, and he hung up.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Ayame and Mine were working on another order. This time it was a male nurse's outfit and a female doctor's uniform. It was for a couple who were valued customers. Both Ayame and Mine were wearing the outfits (they have the same measurements as the couple).
 
Then the phone rang as Mine was hemming the nurse pants. She quickly pinned her last pin and rushed to answer the phone.
 
“Ayame's Specialized Costume Shop! How may I help you?”
 
She listened and then help the phone up above her head. “Boss! Phone call!” she called out. “It's Gure-san!”
 
Ayame looked around the door frame. “Gure-san!?” He practically skipped to take the phone.
 
“Gure-san! What do I owe this pleasure?” he said royally. Mine smiled from her spot on the couch.
 
His really excited face fell to worried and then to really happy. A smile lit up his entire face.
 
“Of course I'll come! I'll see you this afternoon!” He dropped the phone down on the cradle and turned to Mine. “We're closing shop this afternoon Mine!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Ayame and Hatori met up on the way to Shigure's. They were both wondering about the main reason that they were getting called.
 
“I wonder why Jo-san asked for all three of us, Tori-san,” Ayame commented.
 
“Aaya,” Hatori said. “Why are you wondering? You're Tenshi-chan's favorite; even more so than the younger boys.”
 
Ayame chuckled. “You're right, Haa-san.”
 
They arrived at the front door of Gure-san's home. Ayame let them in.
 
“We're here!” he called out as he began to take off his shoes. Hatori closed the door and was following suit behind him.
 
“Is that Haa-san and Aaya-san?” Shigure called out. “We're in the study.”
 
The two men slipped on extra pairs of Shigure's slippers and walked through the house to Shigure's office and study. The door was already open.
 
“It's good to see you boys again,” the middle-aged woman said with a smile.
 
“As it is good to see you Jo-san,” Hatori said, since Ayame was distracted.
 
“Tenshi-chan!”
 
“Nii-san!”
 
 
Author Note: Oooo. What did I do? Heeheee Don't worry. Nothing bad, but something that may get really confusing. Hahahaa Well, if you stick around it should make more sense.
 
Please rate and review!
 
http://www.myspace.com/mrsjoey_wheeler ~My MySpace. Add me. =]]]